Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want Holloway sacked. I think the Club desperately needs a period of stability and the Manager needs a period when he can say these are MY sixteen players in the squad.

The only really frustrating part, which I have always believed is entirely down to the manager, is why one week the team are up for it and 'steaming', and the next week appear not to give a toss, regardless of the class of the opposition!

Great day out, football was dire though, although we won, dont be fooled, this is the same shite team we have seen all season against another poor team. The result could just have easily been 1-0 to barnsley.

Well done to the fans, noise from start to finish, sang barnsley off the park.

I said Hume should start up front, commen sense really, though he was out the game for long periods he managed to do what every other fecker seems incapable of doing and thats putting the ball in the back of the net.

Now is time for someone with proper guts and determination, Come on Calzaghe!

Great day out, football was dire though, although we won, dont be fooled, this is the same shite team we have seen all season against another poor team. The result could just have easily been 1-0 to barnsley.

Well done to the fans, noise from start to finish, sang barnsley off the park.

I said Hume should start up front, commen sense really, though he was out the game for long periods he managed to do what every other fecker seems incapable of doing and thats putting the ball in the back of the net.

Now is time for someone with proper guts and determination, Come on Calzaghe!

What a curious post: were you expecting flowing, exciting football? At this end of the season, the result is all - and we got it - ENJOY!!

- And, I would like to add my voice to those in favour of IH remaining as manager (If we are only 1% of TBers, then this must be a very healthy site)

What a curious post: were you expecting flowing, exciting football? At this end of the season, the result is all - and we got it - ENJOY!!

- And, I would like to add my voice to those in favour of IH remaining as manager (If we are only 1% of TBers, then this must be a very healthy site)

Then I am with the 99% who say he is out of his depth and can't handle the expectation of a bigger club (well bigger than QPR, Plymouth & Bristol Rovers). Questionable signings and tactical decisions are as much to blame as anything else for where we find ourselves again this season.

Then I am with the 99% who say he is out of his depth and can't handle the expectation of a bigger club (well bigger than QPR, Plymouth & Bristol Rovers). Questionable signings and tactical decisions are as much to blame as anything else for where we find ourselves again this season.

he's spent his managerial career over achieving, and milan has said he will stick with ollie so i guess we will find out what he can do over thesummer and next year, be it in the 2nd or 3rd division

Only get rid of Holloway IF someone else who can do a better job is already lined up.

Who would take the job, though, I don't know.

Only get rid of Holloway IF someone else who can do a better job is already lined up.

Who would take the job, though, I don't know.

tbh if we cant do better than dowie then ollie can keep the job for me

Last edited:
I think Big Sam is the only one out there it would be worth going through the upheaval for to gid of Ollie.

yeah true, but honestly, do you think we will get him? he'll probably wait for a better championship club or hold out for a job in the prem imo

yeah true, but honestly, do you think we will get him? he'll probably wait for a better championship club or hold out for a job in the prem imo

And would he work with MM who is likely to interfere & question his decisions??

Problem is if Ollie stays and we don't improve at the start of next season, where do we then go to?? Can we risk it?? I hope I am proved wrong by him but I just can't see it.

Was a truly awful game, and they were by far the better side

Howard and Clapham were dreadful

Bell, Hayles and Kisnorbo outstanding

But who gives a shit - three points in the bag. Lovely Jubbly :038: :038:

I agree with Clapham but I thought Howard at least put himself about and threw his weight around. He got no service at all.

You say that now, I remember the posts when we signed the likes of Oakley, Howard and Hendrie which predominantly said they were in favour of these players.

Just because we are where we are in the table, you cannot say that on paper, these were not good signings.

On the television this morning there didn't look like 6000 city fans there.
On TV they said 4000 only

A very welcome 3 points, but if anybody thinks that performance was better than anything else this season, you would be wrong. We wern't the better team and we didnt have the better chances, but some one up there (not IH ) got us through it.

Sorry to put a negative slant on the game, but in 12 months time i dont want to be in the bowels of the championship again. So if the right man is available, Milan, do the right thing and send IH packing.

Also can i say a big thankyou to Cleefox for the trip into Barnsley. Next time ill walk, its safer :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69