Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Strange statement...it's gained us a massive advantage in terms of how our season finishes! If we had lost or drawn the Wednesday match result and most cetainly the Stoke game would have very different probabilities and possibilities.

Of course if we had lost it would have been bad news. I am basing my theory around the fixtures of ourselves and our rivals going into the last game . With that in mind i dont feel comfortable about us drawing with Sheff W.

highland fox

Of course if we had lost it would have been bad news. I am basing my theory around the fixtures of ourselves and our rivals going into the last game . With that in mind i dont feel comfortable about us drawing with Sheff W.

Its all extremely complicated.If we did draw with Sheff Wed and QPR beat Norwich then we would be level on points with Norwich.On the last day Sheff Wed play Norwich so I take it we would be safe.Someone will now come along and tell me I'm wrong.Our decent Goal difference may well prove vital IMO

Steven

Its all extremely complicated.If we did draw with Sheff Wed and QPR beat Norwich then we would be level on points with Norwich.On the last day Sheff Wed play Norwich so I take it we would be safe.Someone will now come along and tell me I'm wrong.Our decent Goal difference may well prove vital IMO

You are wasting your talents in that tea shop. :icon_wink

Heineken Matt

Well all I can say is well done Holloway, the team and the supporters. That is a fantastic result given the importance of the game and in light of recent results and performances.

I got very worried when Holloway took of Hume and stuck Bruno on as Leicester City defending a 1 nil lead normally spells disaster.

The result today effectively confirms our status in the Championship as I believe we will beat Shef Weds next week at home.

Well done boys, the beers are going to taste better tonight!

Steven

Well all I can say is well done Holloway, the team and the supporters. That is a fantastic result given the importance of the game and in light of recent results and performances.

I got very worried when Holloway took of Hume and stuck Bruno on as Leicester City defending a 1 nil lead normally spells disaster.

The result today effectively confirms our status in the Championship as I believe we will beat Shef Weds next week at home.

Well done boys, the beers are going to taste better tonight!

Well done Holloway. The first thing MM should when either we are safe or are finally down, is sack him. :icon_wink

Brauny Blue

Good point that. Come on the hoops:icon_bigg

Steven

I'm not sure I'm right Steven but I think I am:icon_conf

Code:
Coca-Cola Championship 	
Barnsley	 v 	Charlton	15.00
Burnley	 	 v 	Cardiff City	15.00
Colchester	 v 	Stoke City	15.00
Coventry	 v 	Wolves		15.00
Hull City	 v 	C.Palace	15.00
Leicester	 v 	Sheff Weds	15.00
Norwich	 	 v 	QPR		15.00
Plymouth	 v 	Blackpool	15.00
Preston NE	 v 	Ipswich		15.00
Sheff Utd	 v 	Bristol City	15.00
Watford	 	 v 	Scunthorpe	15.00
West Brom	 v 	Southampton	15.00

Code:
Blackpool 	44 	53 	-2 	58 	2-1 FT 	v Sheff Wed
Coventry 	44 	52 	-9 	50 	5-1 FT 	v Colchester
Norwich 	44 	52 	-10 	45 	1-2 FT 	v West Brom
Barnsley 	44 	52 	-13 	49 	0-1 FT 	v Leicester
Leicester 	44 	51 	-1 	41 	1-0 FT 	v Barnsley
Southampton 	44 	50 	-17 	52 	0-1 FT 	v Burnley
Sheff Wed 	44 	49 	-6 	47 	1-2 FT 	v Blackpool
Scunthorpe 	44 	42 	-24 	42 	3-2 FT 	v Cardiff
Colchester 	44 	37 	-23 	59 	1-5 FT 	v Coventry

Last edited:

Micky

Good result, we can only throw it away now.

Ollie, has you have just proven, if you play Hume, play him up front!!!

Didn't really listen to the comm, so can't really comment on the game. Great result though, but it does need to be followed up with another.

according to the commentary we improved when hayles went up front and hume tucked in behind the front two.

Last edited:

Heineken Matt

Well done Holloway. The first thing MM should when either we are safe or are finally down, is sack him. :icon_wink

Disagree.

I know I am in the minority here but I believe in Holloway and I think given time, he will get his team right. I appreciate that is hasn't gone to plan so far, but we must get some consistent management and staff at this club if we are to have any chance of success.

This season, we stay up, we get rid of some players, we get some new faces in and give Holloway the chance to work with the players in the summer and build a team that can compete in this dodgy league.

I know 99% of so called fans on this site want him sacked, but I do not see the point. We will end up having another season like this if we do as we have proved before. We need continuity ffs.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I know 99% of so called fans on this site want him sacked, but I do not see the point.
If you go on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, just throw away the "Ask The Audience" lifeline.

"99% say "C", what the fcuk do they know?, "D" please Chris"

But I do admire your optimisim, and I still see there being a case for keeping Holloway. But it isn't a case that holds any weight when running a football club.

Richie_d123

If you go on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, just throw away the "Ask The Audience" lifeline.

"99% say "C", what the fcuk do they know?, "D" please Chris"

But I do admire your optimisim, and I still see there being a case for keeping Holloway. But it isn't a case that holds any weight when running a football club.

There is no definite right answer here IMO so a majority vote means nothing except for pleasing the crowds. I have stayed on the fence all season with ollie through fear of being wrong:icon_bigg

Boy Genius

Banned
A draw next week will guarantee we don't go down, if Norwich lose next week

Last edited:

highland fox

They play Sheff Wed on the last weeekend,if they lost to QPR next week and we drew with Wednesday we would be equal on points with Norwich going into the final fixtures with Wednesday 2 points being us both.Norwich and Wednesday draw we are safe,Wednesday win we are safe because our GD is superior to Norwich and if Norwich win Wednesday are down..QED

Last edited:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
They play Sheff Wed on the last weeekend,if they lost to QPR next week and we drew with Wednesday we would be equal on points with Norwich going into the final fixtures with Wednesday 2 points being us both

He edited it after I quoted it.

It's now accurate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673