Being Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, are there any gay people that use this site?

Uphill Gardners post on this site? Sickening...... come on own up!

( "Do you know that guy in the office who talks in a high voice, cant throw a ball properly and has semen on his chin. Well I reckon he is an 'Uphill Gardener")

Last edited:
Watched Drillbit Taylor last night.
Commenting on DT dressed as a teacher said "you're dressed for faganometry".

I thought it was funny :)

Is there a difference between shouting 'get up you ****ing nigger' at a player and shouting 'get up you ****ing faggot'? Because I find them both equally offensive. It just seems that homophobic abuse is far too accepted and commonplace, especially in football.

Yes, there is. It's intent.

Everyone knows and recognises that 'nigger' is offensive. Therefore, anyone using it is intending to be offensive.

Not everyone knows / recognises / accepts that 'faggot' is offensive to the same degree. Therefore, someone using it may not purposefully be being as offensive.

Personally, I, like you, see them two terms as equally offensive and wouldn't use either of them. However, I would have more sympathy when judging someone using the term 'faggot' as I would not be as certain that they were trying to cause the same level of offence. Everyone should understand the meaning and implication of the word, but that's not necessarily the case.

Personally, I like faggots and think it's offal that they should be degraded in this way.

Yes, there is. It's intent.

Everyone knows and recognises that 'nigger' is offensive. Therefore, anyone using it is intending to be offensive.

Not everyone knows / recognises / accepts that 'faggot' is offensive to the same degree. Therefore, someone using it may not purposefully be being as offensive.

Personally, I, like you, see them two terms as equally offensive and wouldn't use either of them. However, I would have more sympathy when judging someone using the term 'faggot' as I would not be as certain that they were trying to cause the same level of offence. Everyone should understand the meaning and implication of the word, but that's not necessarily the case.

I would agree with this sentiment for the word gay, but not faggot, queer, puff, bender or French. Everyone knows they are all offensive things to call somebody.

I would agree with this sentiment for the word gay, but not faggot, queer, puff, bender or French. Everyone knows they are all offensive things to call somebody.

What's offensive about faggot? Have we all moved to the States? Faggots are lovely.

And stop pretending that you don't know how to spell 'poof', you big bobnobber

If I were to compile a list of favourite derogatory slang words for "homosexual man", I think pillow-biter would be right at the top.

What's offensive about faggot? Have we all moved to the States? Faggots are lovely.

And stop pretending that you don't know how to spell 'poof', you big bobnobber

It depends on the context of course. Were I to say "I am looking forward to spearing a faggot later and tasting the meaty goodness", it would be quite obvious I mean the tasty meat snack. Whereas were I to proclaim "You filthy faggot, why did you back out of that tackle" it would be obvious I was referring to a fudge packer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669