Best ever LCFC memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
can some of you stop being negative. think of the good times.

like Muzzy scoring overhead kicks or 30 yard scorchers or big trev being so crap we loved him. how we felt when we heard mancini was on the way, or when collymore scored that hatrick against sunderland.

good times.

Last edited:
i also remeber the league cup final against middlesboro we was watching at the pub and i was pissed and pissed off and couldnt watch anymore as we was loosing i went home which wasnt far from the pub walked in the door and heard a massive cheer switched the tv on and heskey had just equalised so i legged it over the pub to join in the celebrations then of course doin them over at hillsborough in the replay. good stuff i say

you 13 and down the pub pissed up.........

Selhurst Park, beating Wombledon, great fans, great night.....
Taking over Upton Park only to see us lose to Charlton, had we won, we'd have been promoted, instead we had to lose to Blackburn...

My favourite LCFC moment will always be sitting at the very back of the old Members Stand at Filbert Street with my dad, right in front of what constituted a Press Box and watching the most glorious, flawless, perfect City performance I will ever witness. It was a bright, balmy May evening. The sun was out as we drove up from London. We got stuck in traffic but who cared - we were happy, if a little nervous. We arrived at the ground later than we ever had done or have since. As we ascended the stairs the teams were on their way out. Our seats were perfect - right at the back of the stand, dead in line with the centre circle. As the sun shone down the game started and for the first twenty minutes our nervousness grew. Their big centre-forward (who we would later go on to hate when he played fore the scum, then like for a very brief spell and then become nonplussed to him once again) was causing us no end of problems... Then it all changed and what had started out like a good day turned out to be a magical evening... A scuffed corner from the right was turned in at the near post. Another one followed before half-time. In the second half the little Scottish magician on the wing (who was a million times better than his namesake who would later play for us, score the winner at the Walkers against Forest and then fade to nothing) terrorised every one of the opposition players. A seven foot giant up-front got on the scoresheet and a little fella affectionately known as 'Rooster' turned one in. As the sun disappeared and the evening drew in my father and I along with 20,000 others marvelled in our joy. As the final whistle blew the stadium erupted. Our long journey to footballing heaven (and a trip to the 'Big Smoke') was one step nearer. The players came out for one last hoorah and the single greatest day I will EVER experience as a Leicester City fan meandered to an end and faded into the most glorious memory that I will take to my grave...

I am of course talking about the Play-off Semi-Final Second-Leg in 1992 where the result was Leicester City 5-0 Cambridge Utd!!!

I once saw us win a game

I think

Or maybe I dreamt it

the nalis volley against leeds. in fact the whole leeds game was brilliant. i remember watching it on sky and they had the fans commentary and that city fan put in a sterling performance

My favourite LCFC moment will always be sitting at the very back of the old Members Stand at Filbert Street with my dad, right in front of what constituted a Press Box and watching the most glorious, flawless, perfect City performance I will ever witness. It was a bright, balmy May evening. The sun was out as we drove up from London. We got stuck in traffic but who cared - we were happy, if a little nervous. We arrived at the ground later than we ever had done or have since. As we ascended the stairs the teams were on their way out. Our seats were perfect - right at the back of the stand, dead in line with the centre circle. As the sun shone down the game started and for the first twenty minutes our nervousness grew. Their big centre-forward (who we would later go on to hate when he played fore the scum, then like for a very brief spell and then become nonplussed to him once again) was causing us no end of problems... Then it all changed and what had started out like a good day turned out to be a magical evening... A scuffed corner from the right was turned in at the near post. Another one followed before half-time. In the second half the little Scottish magician on the wing (who was a million times better than his namesake who would later play for us, score the winner at the Walkers against Forest and then fade to nothing) terrorised every one of the opposition players. A seven foot giant up-front got on the scoresheet and a little fella affectionately known as 'Rooster' turned one in. As the sun disappeared and the evening drew in my father and I along with 20,000 others marvelled in our joy. As the final whistle blew the stadium erupted. Our long journey to footballing heaven (and a trip to the 'Big Smoke') was one step nearer. The players came out for one last hoorah and the single greatest day I will EVER experience as a Leicester City fan meandered to an end and faded into the most glorious memory that I will take to my grave...

I am of course talking about the Play-off Semi-Final Second-Leg in 1992 where the result was Leicester City 5-0 Cambridge Utd!!!

Beat me to it!!! This is a cult game, not talked about too much now but is one of my all time favourite games.
Along with the 3-3 against Arsenal, outplayed for much of the match, but what a finish. Bergkamps third I rate as one of the best opponents goals I saw at Filbert Street.

he rates it as his best goal for arsenal if i remember rightly from his centenary DVD (mates a gooner) and the other one is his third favourite

source

Dennis Bergkamp has treated us to a whole portfolio of classic goals down the years. But which Arsenal strike did he take most pride from?

That question was put to the Dutchman at a press conference ahead of his testimonial match on Saturday. After a brief pause, Bergkamp picked out the goal which completed his stunning hat-trick at Leicester in August 1997.

In case you need reminding, Arsenal had been pegged back to 2-2 when David Platt floated a stoppage-time pass to Bergkamp as the Dutchman ghosted into the penalty area. He controlled the ball perfectly with his right foot, flicked it inside Matt Elliott with his left and stroked the ball into the top corner.

Bergkamp explains why, nine years on, that goal still stands out. "My favourite would be the hat-trick goal against Leicester because when you play football you have certain things in your mind which you want to achieve, and this was like that.

"In my mind I knew I wanted to do it like that and it worked exactly as I had planned it just two seconds before."

Bergkamp also holds his glorious 1998 World Cup matchwinner against Argentina in high esteem and, as he points out, that strike bears comparison to his Filbert Street classic.

"The goal against Argentina was quite similar because I had to make a move to get some space and then it's about the control, the movement and the finishing.

"With these sorts of goals there is a lot of skill involved and it has to come together."

Arsenal fans agreed with Dennis' choice when we asked you to vote for your top five Bergkamp goals earlier this season. Arsenal TV Online subscribers can watch those goals now by clicking on the box above.

:038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

My all time favourite match and I wasn't even there. :icon_redf

I was due to go with my uncle ( I was only 6) but he got back late from his business trip in Prague or somewhere. Had to listen on the radio.
I must have watched this match on the highlights video thousands of times and I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. Steve Thompson, Tommy Wright, Rooster, Grayson, Whitlow, etc. Quality team.John Beck calling Brian Little a "grey haired bastard" in his post match interview :icon_lol: .

I am going to watch the video now.

I once saw us win a game

I think

Or maybe I dreamt it

Don't be ridiculous, a fellow of your negativity surely never has dreams.

It was a great goal, Elliot was no mug, but Bergkamp took the piss with the flick. Walsh's equaliser was better though :icon_wink :icon_lol:

prob the 5-0 cambridge game

i'd gone pretty much every home game that season and a few away, i was only 16

seems silly now, but cambridge were a good side, Claridge, Dublin, er Philpot and we mullered em

there were a couple of good away wins at Sunderland when i was at Uni in Durham 93-96 that i really enjoyed along with a Geordie mate

One of my favourite games has got to be away at Millwall, there were three sending offs before halftime, and if i remember rightly one of ours appeared for the second half, having mistaking thought it was him) It was a cracking atmosphere, and I remember at halftime adding to an already hostile atmosphere they replayed the sending offs in the concourse. Flanked by three eyed Millwall fans on either side desperate to chew through the metal barriers to get to us. They finally stormed the Leicester end at full time, I remeber a bloke pushing past me (I was about 14) with a screwdriver in his hand. A horrible place to go, but great memories.:icon_eek:

Another fond memory would be Lennon tracking back 80 yards to make a tackle against palace at wembley. It was one of the few times my Dad, a staunch Man United fan, pointed out how good one of our players was. :biggrin:

Fulham away despite the result was fun.

Low points.....furk. where do i start? Losing to Tottenham at wembley hurt, due to me growing up in kent surrounded by cocky tottenham fans.:098:
When we lost 3-2 to QPR, it was my birthday and I'd managed to pursuade all my non-city mates to come. That was the game which summed up Mickehs limited ability.:icon_roll

Leicester City 5-2 Sunderland

Stan Colleymore hat-trick

Best game I've ever been to! :038: :038: :038:

Last edited:
excellent memorys lads i also cherish the tranmere webley win i sat on my own did i care? not 1 bit i was with my fellow lcfc supporters i also won £40 on the score was gonna have elliot to score first too!

The Best = Shrewsbury in the cup 1982

but plenty of great memories most emotional coming back from 3-0 down against Swindon at Wembley play offs onlt to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669