Bigots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the major economic obstacle pre-Thatcher was the militant unions. The economy would have never progressed had they not been tackled.

However when Thatcher left office, Britain was sliding into recession. The union problem was a miner issue.

I'll bet he's not/wasn't. .

Correct. A level Politics. Very interesting and would have probably carried on to degree level if I had been taught by a better teacher.

That was my whole point-reading fox fan's post felt like re-reading the stuff I learnt at A Level politics, which clearly offers a simplistic and narrow understanding of the whole thing (no offence mate)

When you've got a degree in the subject like me, well you can go on about paradigms, post-fordism post-modernism and shit like that :icon_cool GWAH GWAH

That was my whole point-reading fox fan's post felt like re-reading the stuff I learnt at A Level politics, which clearly offers a simplistic and narrow understanding of the whole thing (no offence mate)
In fairness, he did mention his teacher was a bit shitty.

seperated at birth?
david_cameron_127.jpg

henry-engine.jpg

"Sir Topham Hatt was angry with Henry when he first arrived. It wasn't poor Henry's fault - he couldn't make enough steam because his firebox was too small. Henry was described as “bigger than James but smaller than Gordon”. Unfortunately, he was a bad steamer, and sometimes found it hard to pull his trains. Sir Topham Hatt ordered an engine very much like Gordon, but ended up with “a cross between Gordon and a Nightmare!” As a temporary fix, Sir Topham Hatt ordered some Welsh Coal, which helped matters.

But alas, then came the fateful day when Henry had an accident as he was pulling The Flying Kipper, and Sir Topham Hatt sent him to Crewe to be rebuilt. He came back with a bigger firebox and a new shape and he now enjoys his work. He is based at Tidmouth along with Gordon. He is a 4-6-0 engine."

Brown doesn't want to say too much, maybe for certain reasons we don't know about, and the other two cannot will not say too much in case they get in and things are a lot worse than they had imagined and have to adjust things accordingly.

The other 2 wont care if things are a lot worse as they'll just blame Brown and gang, and spend the first term of office saying it's not our fault, it's what we inherited.

The other 2 wont care if things are a lot worse as they'll just blame Brown and gang, and spend the first term of office saying it's not our fault, it's what we inherited.

but if they say things now and then have to adjust accordingly, people will say they didn't mention this in the pre election shit.

Lets be honest they will say "we have inherited this mess" what ever happens. Giving out facts and figures now are usually made up or exaggerated anyway and can always be looked at in two differing lights, a bit like a horoscope really. People will interpret them to how they want them to look.

Brown: Conservatives are going to cut tax credits!

Cameron: Yes we are, but only for people earning over £40,000pa (this figure may be wrong)

Brown says it in a way to make it sound like ALL TAX CREDITS ARE BEING CUT OUT!

Last edited:

In all fairness, every party does that whenever there is a change. It only stops when you've been in far too long for the blame to still convince people.

In all fairness, every party does that whenever there is a change. It only stops when you've been in far too long for the blame to still convince people.

Yes, but some are still trying to do that THIRTEEN years later!

Yes, but some are still trying to do that THIRTEEN years later!

If the Lib Dems got in they'd be unable to fit in all the blame, all those years of both parties fecking the country over while they were campaigning for speed bumps on every driveway (not sure if they are like that everywhere, but up here its a ****in joke)

The United States, have some of the toughest immigration policies in the western world. They have a giant fence in California with 24 hour border patrols, willing to shoot attempted illegal immigrants for trying to enter their country.

I lived in New York for 13 years. The point i was making was that for the most part people of different nations get on fine. My closest mates there were from, Mexican, Colombian, Irish and German decent. When there is plenty of work in this country, nobody bats an eyelid when Immigrants are here working the fields, and basically doing the shit jobs us 'Brits' refuse to do. When work is tight some choose to look over their shoulders and assume just because you have a foreign language, they are nicking our jobs. That's why i said you seemed insecure in your views.

And what about Australia? Again built on immigration, but again very strict on immigration.

These countries realise what a problem immigration can be. You and your party don't seem to grasp it.

The Labour party has adopted the Australian system. Yours has said put a cap, but haven't said what the number will be :102:

Why do I need to go anywhere else in the world to understand immigration in my own country? I have been to many different countries, but whilst I was there the topic of immigration wasn't on my agenda. God only knows what kind of holidays you have

I have great holidays, some in very different parts of the world, with different traditions and ways of life. I am very lucky that i have always been treated well by the locals.

Its just a pity that some in this country still choose to take a finger pointing attitude at people who come here. Like i said the world has moved on

Last edited:
Then the govt should stop their benefits.

Exactly and labour has had 13 years to sort it out and hasn't. If people are on benefits and refuse work they should have their benefits stopped, nothing wrong with that what so ever.

Your not voting BNP then.

now why would I do that?

I would have no domestic staff and would end up having to mow my own lawns FFS! And what would I do with an empty shed?

Last edited:
Mr Taylor said: "Our plans are for a fairer tax system, with the super-rich – the one per cent of taxpayers lucky enough to earn over £100,000 a year – paying a little more to help the other 99 per cent."

The Lib Dems idea of super rich are the people who earn over 100k, that isn't super rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669