Post Match Blackburn 2 - Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF the ref was appalling. De Laet looked quite good, and I actually thought he was quite convincing defensively. Konchesky was absolute shite. The two centre-halves looked better than at Charlton but still don't look solid. Dyer was anonymous, Marshall was more involved than on Tuesday night, but that's not really saying anything. Centre Midfield looked alright, nothing special. Vardy and Nugent looked good, although how did Nugent miss that header in the first half?! As for the offside decision, I've not seen the replay but that looked nowhere near offside from where I was sitting.

Two good performances, two losses. Hopefully we pick up a point or three next Saturday. Hopefully.

Not been a great start has it? Probably didn't expect much from today but the Charlton result was pretty poor. Next up Blackpool away who are top..

Atleast we knocked that inconsistency thing on the head.. that's now two straight 2-1 away defeats in a row.

Is Terry South on Radio 5 now? Even if it's not, this bloke's talking crap again. King started you idiot.

Last edited:
Not got sufficient in defence.

Needs to be put right quickly or another miserable season of bickering and frustration surely awaits.

I don't care that we have only played 3 games or that we played well in the games that we lost.

We sign big-named big-money signings and it got us nowhere.

We sign young up-and-coming players with something to prove and it looks like nothings changed.

Both Forest/Watford have big money takeovers and signed 7-8 players overnight and yet it seems to be working for them!

This league is a horrible horrible place.

I was there, I was on radio Leicester after the game, to be the better team and not win for the 2nd time in a week is not ****ing good enough. i would personally like to know what the flying feck went through Pear Sons head when he decided to bring Beckford on with 2 minutes to, Thanks Nige, true ****ing inspiration that one.

We have quite clearly one of the most gifted players in this god forsaken league in the french lad and we leave him on the bench to witness two of the most god awful winger displays I have ever seen.

The defending was simply farcical, Konchesky being the main ****tard amongst a lacking back 4, maybe that is harsh on the two centre halfs.

I am a staunch Pearson fan (simply because if we change the manager again I will commit an illegal act) and I honestly think he has the reaction speed of a fecking Sloth.

Hope I'm wrong but it seems the issues with Leicester City FC are woven deep within the club, I see teams with no known names getting wins, yet I constantly see us signing decent (supposedly) players and ALWAYS flattering the deceive.

Something needs to click, fast!!

P.S. The home fans were a ****ing disgrace, singing for the managers head when winning. Our fans did nothing to add to a shit atmosphere, we never tried to turn the negative attitude of the Rovers fans in our favour and overall a pretty shite away day is Blackburn.

P.S. The home fans were a ****ing disgrace, singing for the managers head when winning. Our fans did nothing to add to a shit atmosphere, we never tried to turn the negative attitude of the Rovers fans in our favour and overall a pretty shite away day is Blackburn.

Sounds like you had a great day :038:

I was there, I was on radio Leicester after the game, to be the better team and not win for the 2nd time in a week is not ****ing good enough. i would personally like to know what the flying feck went through Pear Sons head when he decided to bring Beckford on with 2 minutes to, Thanks Nige, true ****ing inspiration that one.

We have quite clearly one of the most gifted players in this god forsaken league in the french lad and we leave him on the bench to witness two of the most god awful winger displays I have ever seen.

The defending was simply farcical, Konchesky being the main ****tard amongst a lacking back 4, maybe that is harsh on the two centre halfs.

I am a staunch Pearson fan (simply because if we change the manager again I will commit an illegal act) and I honestly think he has the reaction speed of a fecking Sloth.

Hope I'm wrong but it seems the issues with Leicester City FC are woven deep within the club, I see teams with no known names getting wins, yet I constantly see us signing decent (supposedly) players and ALWAYS flattering the deceive.

Something needs to click, fast!!

This is everything I wanted to post but I just didn't dare. Well done Lak.

Terry South had a point... he was just a dick about it.

Different day same s**t and even the great robbie savage agrees with me that pearson is not up for the job enough said, oh by the way pearson out

I'm very disappointed of course, but we have played 3 games out of 46. We have won at home and played reasonably well but lost 2 away games where we have created chances but not had the rub of the green. It was always going to be difficult going to Charlton but we acquitted ourselves well in the second half. We have created chances today and had one disallowed. If we go 10 games without a back to back win then we can start to get annoyed and anxious. I'm not totally convinced by Pearson but lets not panic just yet.

I'm very disappointed of course, but we have played 3 games out of 46. We have won at home and played reasonably well but lost 2 away games where we have created chances but not had the rub of the green. It was always going to be difficult going to Charlton but we acquitted ourselves well in the second half. We have created chances today and had one disallowed. If we go 10 games without a back to back win then we can start to get annoyed and anxious. I'm not totally convinced by Pearson but lets not panic just yet.

But by saying this you've already forgotten about last season.

Nothing has changed. It's just not good enough.

The only bright spot I can see is that blackburn were apparently poor so maybe wont be in the mix come the business end of the season. Losing to opposition that are not going to be up there at the back end is preferable to dropping 3 points to those that will be. It's a very faint bright spot though!

Too many times last season we failed to win away from home when the better side. it seems we haven't learned how to change a bad habit. why dyer? I don't want to appear to be getting on is back but surely we have better options?

crikey,we are three games into the season and already people are calling for Pearsons head. If we were playing badly and not creating chances then i would be worried. We have a better quality squad than last season and shall be up in the play off mix by season end. Keep the faith.

I never thought that Pearson had strengthened the squad overall in the close season.
I think that he rigidly favours particular players who show every season that they are not good enough - Dyer is the most obvious example.
i don't think that he is the most tactically astute manager we have ever had - by any means - his practice is to continuously repeat the same errors and same excuses.
But better to stick with him i think - if the manager is changed yet again all that will happen is that a new one will look to get rid of Pearson's lot; spend a lot more money and probably this season is then stuffed - yet again.
If and its a very big if Pearson happend to get us promoted this season - and I can't see it as a likely outcome - I think someone better would be needed in the Premier League. That would take a brave and unpopular decision by the owners along with a shed load of money to re-shape the squad.

We beat Blackpool and we have a 50% win ratio (big if mind), thought we played well tuesday and sounds like the same again.

We need to be patient, let's look again after 12 games, then we can accurately judge our progress and our potential.

We have only played 3 games and 2 of them have been away and (to the best of my knowledge) we never do well at the valley and I am unaware of our record at ewood park. I believe we have the players to do this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669