Blades put eight on transfer list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheffield United

Looking at the list of players who are on their clubs respective transfer lists. It looks like Sheffield United is the place that we should be looking too to bolster the squad should we gain a small transfer fund.
Rob Kozluk, Nick Montgomery, Steve Kabba, Geoff Horsfield, Neil Shipperly. All available and all quality players with experience of getting out of the Championship.
we could do worse than pick up 2 or 3 of these. at an outlay of less than a million.
This would leave us free to take a chance on an impact player who may or may not come off for about 500k?
Not exactly shooting our bolt before the summer, and potentially giving us the chance to sneak nearer to the play offs.

Re: Sheffield United

Neil Shipperly is the only one i would consider on a short term deal. The rest are a pile of tosh. I think we should be looking to bring in far better quality than this.

henrik pederson - bolton
jerome thomas - charlton
collins john - fulham
mark pembridge - fulham
malcolm christie -middlesbrough
reto ziegle - spurs
matthew spring -watford
todorov - portsmouth
olivier bernard - newcastle

Looking at the list of players who are on their clubs respective transfer lists. It looks like Sheffield United is the place that we should be looking too to bolster the squad should we gain a small transfer fund.
Rob Kozluk, Nick Montgomery, Steve Kabba, Geoff Horsfield, Neil Shipperly. All available and all quality players with experience of getting out of the Championship.
we could do worse than pick up 2 or 3 of these. at an outlay of less than a million.
This would leave us free to take a chance on an impact player who may or may not come off for about 500k?
Not exactly shooting our bolt before the summer, and potentially giving us the chance to sneak nearer to the play offs.

Wouldn't have any of 'em

Neil Shipperly is the only one i would consider on a short term deal. The rest are a pile of tosh. I think we should be looking to bring in far better quality than this.

henrik pederson - bolton
collins john - fulham
reto ziegle - spurs
todorov - portsmouth
olivier bernard - newcastle

yea in your dreams

Who would you have on loan homer,I'm interested

To be brutally honest I'm not convinced I'd go for anyone right now - maybe one central midfielder purely as back up, but even then I think we're ok

We are not going to get promoted, and I'm pretty sure we are not going to get relegated. There's a new regime coming in and I fully expect every single one of these lazy bone idle feckers to get a sniff of cash in their nostrils and start playing out of their skins between now and the end of the season

Come summer time I'd get rid of the feckin' lot (with one or maybe two exceptions) and start again

Micky, you need to live in the real world and look at the registered disabled list of players before you put together a wish list for the current Leicester side.

Jerome Thomas and Collins John are young internationals and are way out of our price range (2m +) and would not consider coming to a struggling championship club. They also aren't the sort of players that win you promotion from this league.

Darren Eadie played more often than Todorov and Christie. Making them useless to us.

Pembridge hasn't the sort of pace that we need to make a difference. He is essentially Andy Johnson or Tiatto, and hasn't played competitively on a regular basis for seasons. making him less useful than them

Ziegler was even considered too soft for the Tottenham left flank, and so wouldn't be the sort of player for a Championsip battle. And Henrik Pederson is Ok but not going to make a difference.

The sort of players at Sheff Utd that I listed are much more what we should be looking at. Solid, proven and/or pacey. Otherwise we are buying like for like.

Isn't this thread called something else in another thread?

Pembridge hasn't the sort of pace that we need to make a difference. He is essentially Andy Johnson or Tiatto, and hasn't played competitively on a regular basis for seasons. making him less useful than them

He was injured much of last season, and has been out since the start of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669