Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your perspective, but can not share it. I am not arguing about him pulling money from the club - but if it is your intention to leave then I believe it is perfectly logical to start clearing the decks.
Fair enough. But there is a difference between easing your way out and potentially leaving the club well and truly stuffed. And if Gaydamak hadn't come along to bail MM out, Pompey would have been.

I love that you feel we can have a "nice" level of debt...the difference is between budgeted debt (which is not nice) and over budget debt (which is the mark of a very poorly run business).

Debt isn't in itself wrong - it just ups the level of risk. Our debt is largish - with the Teachers' deal - but taken against assets, it isn't a particularly scary level of risk. Portsmouth's was. Ours probably will be if MM takes charge.

Going over budget... it happens. Especially in a football club.

With everything staying as it is, administration is inevitable unless:
1. Kelly finally learns how to train, select and motivate a team
or
2. We develop one or two players of quality to sell on

I do not contend that administration will happen directly as a result of an MM bid falling through - but it is at the end of the road we are currently going along. How can it not be? How would the books otherwise be balanced? (Oh, I do not accept anyone else was/is interested in buying the club)

Even if there were other people interested, you wouldn't accept it?

Odd. But even if not, the groundshare would be an obvious fix. But even without that, the Teachers' loan knocks of the benefits off around 3,000 on our attendance. Do clubs with 3-4,000 less attendance manage to balance the books?

We have a problem with a few players on higher wages now, sure. End of next season, they're gone.

Just get the tossers out and get some body in who can do a job....

i'm not against sensible money, iv'e said that all along.the quote i was not happy with was " a rich sugar daddy ". ive supported the foxes 35 years and i wouldnt change a thing. some people might think thats a strange statement but its the truth. its a reality check for me when we dont allways win, its character building. whats the point in buying trophies just because we can. competition, and the will to compete is key.

it just seems to me that when we get in a situation like we are in know, there is a minority of fans who cant handle it and dream about sugar daddys bailing us out.

:icon_wink

Oh yeah they are leaches on MM but what they dont understand is that he is no sugar daddy, just a serbian businessman who is willing to lend us his dosh.

I appreciate your perspective, but can not share it. I am not arguing about him pulling money from the club - but if it is your intention to leave then I believe it is perfectly logical to start clearing the decks.

I do not accept that relegation was a certainty for Pompey with MM in charge nor can I accept that his leaving was the catalyst in their apparent survival.

I love that you feel we can have a "nice" level of debt...the difference is between budgeted debt (which is not nice) and over budget debt (which is the mark of a very poorly run business).

With everything staying as it is, administration is inevitable unless:
1. Kelly finally learns how to train, select and motivate a team
or
2. We develop one or two players of quality to sell on

I do not contend that administration will happen directly as a result of an MM bid falling through - but it is at the end of the road we are currently going along. How can it not be? How would the books otherwise be balanced? (Oh, I do not accept anyone else was/is interested in buying the club)

Wasn't inevitable for Portsmouth, but is for us?

must be nice to pick and choose what you believe to suit your dreams.

Last edited:
Why don't you tell us if it's nice.

why don't you post some facts to suggest that everything is Rosy with the MM bid?

Edit: by rosy i mean without substantial risk to LCFC

Last edited:
In the same vein why don't you post facts that the board are doing a good job.

They have run up debts this season that they won't pay off other than by a player sale. Right now i wouldn't give tuppence for any of them let alone enough to clear the debts.

How are the current board different to MM?

In the same vein why don't you post facts that the board are doing a good job.

They have run up debts this season that they won't pay off other than by a player sale. Right now i wouldn't give tuppence for any of them let alone enough to clear the debts.

How are the current board different to MM?

jj is quoted as saying we don't need much money.

your turn

Yea we don't need much money to be a shit side in decline. If your happy with mediocrity then thats fine, i was brought up to want to achieve.

FT fat lot of good that has done for us.

Wasn't inevitable for Portsmouth, but is for us?

must be nice to pick and choose what you believe to suit your dreams.
Portsmouth did not get relegated - We are four points from relegation...if that is a hard concept for you then let me know and I'll see if I can rephrase it in a more understandable way.

Pick and choose to suit my dreams? What on Earth does that mean? Does it mean that we all have a unique perspective based on our collected experiences and the inherent bias in our perception? Do your farts smell?

Portsmouth did not get relegated - We are four points from relegation...if that is a hard concept for you then let me know and I'll see if I can rephrase it in a more understandable way.

Were Portsmouth four points from relegation at this point in the 2005-6 season? If they were and they did get relegated, I could see where you're coming from.

Pick and choose to suit my dreams? What on Earth does that mean? Does it mean that we all have a unique perspective based on our collected experiences and the inherent bias in our perception? Do your farts smell?

we are 18th with much of the season to go. thats not inevitable. at this moment in time in fact, we are safe.

you could say it looks dangerous, and i would agree. but Portmouth were in just as dangerous a posistion before their new owner.

i prefer to make my judgements on facts, if you post some i will consider them.

Yes my farts smell, quite bad if you must know.

Oh yeah they are leaches on MM but what they dont understand is that he is no sugar daddy, just a serbian businessman who is willing to lend us his dosh.

mm's money is sensible, 25mill supposedly,30mill for shevnogoals is obscene and thats the point im trying to make.abramorich is a sugar daddy, thats the sort of person i dont wont at our club.:icon_cool

I'd love you to post some facts about the current board. Can you tell me about how they have presided over its decline for the last 4 years. Or how about a series of inept managers. Or how about the wage bill being slashed. Or year on year how about the standard of football being degraded.

Last edited:
Were Portsmouth four points from relegation at this point in the 2005-6 season? If they were and they did get relegated, I could see where you're coming from.

Does it matter, we are were we are and we have to deal with that on a day to day basis. We'll come back in on Monday and go again. I keep asking the questions but until then we have to deal with what we've got until there's peace in our time on the beaches, never in the field of human football has so little been achieved by so many.

Ooooerrr, where's me tablets. I think I need a lie down.

:081:

I'd love you to post some facts about the current board. Can you tell me about how they have presided over its decline for the last 4 years. Or how about a series of inept managers. Or how about the wage bill being slashed. Or year on year how about the standard of football being degraded.

What's Biffbean done to you that you need to demand such answers?

the debate was on financial management. do i take it your attempts to change the subject are because you can't back up your argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00