Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
what clubs with attendances over 20k have to sell players to avoid admin.

please list thanks.

ideally clubs that have also had parachute money within the past 2 years.

Leeds, Cov, Norwich, Southampton, Palace...
We've spent more (net) on players than those teams in the last couple of years.

The parachute payments thing is irrelevant - we no longer have parachute payments, if we did, we wouldn't have the problems we have now.

Leeds, Cov, Norwich, Southampton, Palace...
We've spent more (net) on players than those teams in the last couple of years.

The parachute payments thing is irrelevant - we no longer have parachute payments, if we did, we wouldn't have the problems we have now.

you might be right but I find it very hard to believe, Earnshaw cost over £3m for a start....

hey lads and lasses im one of the first peeps to have a pop at the FT over this whole MM deal but the bit ive made bold is bang on nothing is happening at all which is quite shocking IMO it would seem as the board the shareholders inc the FT are all waiting on MM .

Now weather there are problems his end we dont know none of his people are saying a word which dose worries me ,due to the fact they have used the press/TV to let bits out and get the board/shareholders moving with threats of if its not done by and so on we have all read and posted this on here and across the world wide web but why nothing now ,why has everything gone so quite you could here a pin drop

I'm starting to think IMO that this deal is dead and we need to find a plan B because i know this as fact we have not got one !!!!

the second part of the FT's post is also true so for that i thank them for the first time in months they have post some real facts :038: :038:

i hope and pray that we can pull this deal with MM back on tract as soon as he gets back here yes the club do talk to his team but they are saying nothing until MM returns so I'm afraid all we can do is sit and wait

from what Ive been told one can leave or come into the club without MM nod first so we are in limbo for now ,and this same thing was said on RL during the fulham game

sorry i Carnot say anything better news wise its doing everybody's nut in i know but pleases dont forget we/you mite hate the club/team at this time but at the end of the day they are our team/club and please try and get behind them because they feel the same way we do

Newts, did you actually write that? :102: no real typos and apostophes?? :icon_lol:

Depends when you consider he left Portsmouth, really, as to any sense you can make of that. Storrie, the Pompey secretary, said in the Guardian yesterday that if he hadn't managed to sell to Gaydamak when he did, relegation was a certainty. And I'd suggest that had relegation happened, the way Mandaric was pulling out his money, administration would have been inevitable.
If's and but's and would's and should's...

Simply put, none of that happened though did it? It's all conjecture.

My position is that he is not an angel, he is coming for a reason and that is to generate a profit. In order for him to do that squad strengthening must take place and the standard of play must improve...I'm all for that.

Plus, when one bears in mind that we as a club are pretty f*cked at the moment I just don't understand the objections. Worse case scenario if he comes - he leaves us in debt. Reality if he doesn't come - we are going to go into receivership soon unless we find something worth a lot of money to sell...and I don't reckon Cash In The Attick would be able to help us.
Player sales does not mean Dire financial straights, it is the reality for most clubs, and has been the Reality for LCFC for most of its history.

JJs Radio Interview indicated we don't need much money. i don't think its online, but so you don't think i'm making it up

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=371493&postcount=11

Dour has offered the evidence on MM which i take it you prefer to ignor?
Are you seriously trying to convince me that our offloading players to reduce squad salary (from a meagre-sized squad to begin with) doesn't smack of desperation?

We are not talking revenue generating sales...we are talking cost cutting measures as actual loses are exceeding predicted loses. This is a club in crisis - this is not an emotional response, this is an accurate assessment (refer to the current Trust question thread, they confirm it).

Whats the back up plan? If its a whip round in the half time orange were fecked.

Probably include the Counting House as well so we can try to con some of the away fans at the same time :biggrin:

I would like to know what assurances the board will give us when MM walks off into the sunset.

I don't think they can give any mate, cos if they've already recommended MMs original bid as the best option to look at going forward with, then anyone else who may be sitting in the background as plan B is gonna take heed from this and offer even less in the knowledge that we'll be even more desperate :(

You could try collaring TNBD on his 30 sec dash through the 1884 bar on Saturday though :icon_wink

If's and but's and would's and should's...

Simply put, none of that happened though did it? It's all conjecture.

Not all. He was pulling money out of Portsmouth - that's not conjecture. And I don't think anyone doubts that without Gaydamak's money, Pompey were going down.

Plus, when one bears in mind that we as a club are pretty f*cked at the moment I just don't understand the objections. Worse case scenario if he comes - he leaves us in debt. Reality if he doesn't come - we are going to go into receivership soon unless we find something worth a lot of money to sell

Got that one the wrong way around, surely. We have some debt - more than is nice, and it is rising - but administration would still be unlikely. Adding more debt - the MM way - makes receivership much more likely if he were to decide to pull out of the club.

Got that one the wrong way around, surely. We have some debt - more than is nice, and it is rising - but administration would still be unlikely. Adding more debt - the MM way - makes receivership much more likely if he were to decide to pull out of the club.

Yes - that is really good to know.

Without a MM takeover, we can look forward to rising debt but that isn't a problem because we can sell any players that clubs will buy and then there is the training ground. It's comforting to know that in this scenario we could still be solvent with a losing side 'managed' by Rob Kelly with the FT still chirpy...in League 2.

Whereas as you point out with MM we would be taking a big risk....we might not finish up with a bit of pride again challenging for promotion -playing in front of big crowds with as much atmosphere as the Walkers can allow...or actually playing in the Premiership.

Dour....I'm sure that the vast majority of supporters would favour your safer, no hope agenda....should have seen it before. Sorry! Bring on Chester City!

Not all. He was pulling money out of Portsmouth - that's not conjecture. And I don't think anyone doubts that without Gaydamak's money, Pompey were going down.

I appreciate your perspective, but can not share it. I am not arguing about him pulling money from the club - but if it is your intention to leave then I believe it is perfectly logical to start clearing the decks.

I do not accept that relegation was a certainty for Pompey with MM in charge nor can I accept that his leaving was the catalyst in their apparent survival.

I love that you feel we can have a "nice" level of debt...the difference is between budgeted debt (which is not nice) and over budget debt (which is the mark of a very poorly run business).

With everything staying as it is, administration is inevitable unless:
1. Kelly finally learns how to train, select and motivate a team
or
2. We develop one or two players of quality to sell on

I do not contend that administration will happen directly as a result of an MM bid falling through - but it is at the end of the road we are currently going along. How can it not be? How would the books otherwise be balanced? (Oh, I do not accept anyone else was/is interested in buying the club)

Abramovich was only an example I used in my post Biffbean, a Jack Walker would be more realistic for Leicester.

i'm not against sensible money, iv'e said that all along.the quote i was not happy with was " a rich sugar daddy ". ive supported the foxes 35 years and i wouldnt change a thing. some people might think thats a strange statement but its the truth. its a reality check for me when we dont allways win, its character building. whats the point in buying trophies just because we can. competition, and the will to compete is key.

it just seems to me that when we get in a situation like we are in know, there is a minority of fans who cant handle it and dream about sugar daddys bailing us out.

:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670