Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play on words...

Hammond Organ - Make of Piano style Organ popular back in the day. Fact.

(Elvis) Hammond (is an) Organ - Our striker is a knob. Fact.

(Elvis) Hammond (Loves) Organ - Our strlker loves the cock (allegedly)

Hope that helps...

o..........................................................k

They haven't said we're on a downward spiral. They've said we need to sell, but most clubs in this division have to sell players.

The value of our players is less than the value of their contracts. :icon_conf :icon_conf

So if MM's plans were to spend a fortune trying to get promoted, and if he didn't achive that after 3-4 years he'd want all his money back - by any mneans necessary, you'd be happy with that?
Even if it meant selling the ground to the egg chasers and going into administration?
I'm not saying I want a detailed account of everything MM would do, just assurances that he won't leave us in a mess.

Too many people assume MM coming in will guarantee success, but the only time he's done well in this country has been when he's had Redknapp as manager, in his first few seasons at Portsmouth they finished in a worse position than we're in now, and last season they looked like relegation certainties until they got Redknapp back and bought some player's using Gaydamak's money - because MM had no more to spend. If MM can run out of money in the premiership - with all the income that brought him, he could easily do the same thing here.

Got to wonder if the lack of money is the real reason the MM deal seems to have stalled, is he waiting for cash out of Pompey from the Russian guy & without it can't go ahead?

I thought that back in November the Board recommended to shareholders that we let MM examine the books through DD as this was the best option available (And due to the clause in MM's contract for DD the board are unable to pursue other offers until his deal has either been accepted or refused). This would point to me that they must have had some sort of indication of an offer to put this forward as bid numero uno, above the 'local consortium and the two American investors' that were allegedly chomping at the bit at the same time as MM declared his interest.

Are you sure though that they have not reached this point? I have heard nothing to the contrary since Tuesday that the final bid had not been submitted. If the Trust were to come on and say they had not yet received the final bid document, then fair enough.

As regards to trusting them? I trust Andrew Taylor's judgment, as he has been the one driving force with the attempts to get financial backing. But... They would need to have a fecking amazing back up plan if it didn't go ahead...

Firstly, although we expected the final bid document early this week, it has still not been issued to shareholders.

So it is clear to all fans, we will post a website story acknowledging receipt of the final bid document within a maximum of 24 hours from receipt

There was an indicative offer prior to the EGM, however it was very sketchy & the terms of the offer have changed since then.

Last edited:
Firstly, although we expected the final bid document early this week, it has still not been issued to shareholders.

There was an indicative offer prior to the EGM, however it was very sketchy & the terms of the offer have changed since then.

Do you personally think the deal will go ahead?

Have you spoke to MM recently, and if you have does he still seem as keen as he was 2-3 months ago or is he getting frustrated and angry at the whole process? Has he given you any indication?

Do you personally think the deal will go ahead?

Have you spoke to MM recently, and if you have does he still seem as keen as he was 2-3 months ago or is he getting frustrated and angry at the whole process? Has he given you any indication?

Nothing is certain, we thought it was getting very close a week ago, the latest delay appears to be from the MM end (prior to his Mum's fall), but we are not clear as to why.

Direct contact with MM has only taken place on match days since the takeover panel rules came into play, so can't really give you an answer of his current thinking. At the Fulham home cup game he was keen.

Whats the back up plan? If its a whip round in the half time orange were fecked.

How much longer has RK got left if MM doesn't come in and will the board put any finances in or are they happier to see us go down?

Got to wonder if the lack of money is the real reason the MM deal seems to have stalled, is he waiting for cash out of Pompey from the Russian guy & without it can't go ahead?

Can't be straight lack of money - since the current rumours are that the bid is something like £500K up front and the rest later. And although MM might have some whacking great debts elsewhere, given what he did get out of Pompey, £500K doesn't seem a difficult sum to raise. Just what he claims to have spent on due diligence and a sum that would be fairly easy for anyone with a few assets to get together...

And then the running costs of LCFC. Say, at the high end, there's £5 million to be raised by the end of the season. With the covenants lifted on the board, that's not impossible to raise in loans against the assets of the club. So a total outlay of just a half million to get control. You'd have hoped that's nothing to an investor who wants to take the club forward.

It's much more likely that he knows that if the bid goes forward, as a genuine bid, he can kiss £8 million goodbye that he is owed by Gaydamak. And that is what is staying his hand.

Nothing is certain, we thought it was getting very close a week ago, the latest delay appears to be from the MM end (prior to his Mum's fall), but we are not clear as to why.

Direct contact with MM has only taken place on match days since the takeover panel rules came into play, so can't really give you an answer of his current thinking. At the Fulham home cup game he was keen.

Have you ever spoke to him about RK/MS before? If you have what does he think of them?

Could the current board sack RK while this process is going on with MM, or is it up to him etc who makes a decision at this moment in time ?

Last edited:

Why would MM be keen on taking over, if he hasn't got the funds?:102:

I doubt we'll get an answer, the FT don't want to jeopardise their position. Its a shame they won't/can't answer the supporters questions.

We're f ucked.

Last edited:
The only comments from people in the Know indicate that we are finacialy stable (not healthy, but stable) for give me if i believe people in the know ahead of over emotional fans.
Cock.The only comments from people in the know have indicated that we are in dire financial straights...I refer you to the interview with Big Tim on Radio Leicester (his first after the Mandaric rumoour was confirmed) where he stated that sales would have to take place in order to balance the books.

You show me a "balancing book" sale that has taken place this window then?

I will trust to rational deduction over crass condescension!

its also worth noting that the curent board are working to lower the debt, and running costs of the club.

MM would look to increase them
Proof - Sources - Or is that a response from an emotional bias fan?

Millions of pounds of debt from an ambitious chairman is hardly profit though is it? and thats only managable while he's here.
its also only temporary.

Are you Ultra in disguise?

They always seem to manage to dodge the pertinent questions.

I would like to know what assurances the board will give us when MM walks off into the sunset.

Dunno about Feriol, but I'd class myself as an emotionally-biased fan. Are you not?

But the proof of MM's approach is in the Pompey accounts. Which are available via Companies House. If you don't care to cough up the quid that will cost you, I dare say I could PM them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669