Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep him as coach defo. he would be a good coach, demote him to his old job. Don't care about stowell. keep kelly a koach.

Why? He arrived in the Levein era and has never for me proved anything more than being a brave, nice guy who the players 'like'. Not a leader who gets the best out of his team.

I am getting fed up with everything at the moment, and I am sure I will not be renewing my tickets next season.
The Frank McLintock season I thought would never be beaten by a worse LCFC team/squad, but I am glad to say the current bunch have done that and in a lower league too

I have commented before that for several reasons I think that this team is significantly worse than the Mclintock season.

However, much more alarming is that in those days - whilst we did not particularly like the board of the Shipman family era, at least there was a sense that there was a certain solidness about it and you knew points would be reached where action would be taken.

To-day we have a board and club that is utterly impotent. I think in the mind set they have there are no standards that are too low in terms of football results. As you know, I have been convinced for ages that Kelly enjoyed a bit of success because of the relief that Levein had gone but there is no way he is competent to manage Leicester City. It's just plain obvious that he was pushed in by this feeble board just as an expedient - a money saver. Without the impetus of an MM takeover I begin to this a) it's likely Kelly will take us down and b) the board will do nothing about it.

I have commented before that for several reasons I think that this team is significantly worse than the Mclintock season.

However, much more alarming is that in those days - whilst we did not particularly like the board of the Shipman family era, at least there was a sense that there was a certain solidness about it and you knew points would be reached where action would be taken.

To-day we have a board and club that is utterly impotent. I think in the mind set they have there are no standards that are too low in terms of football results. As you know, I have been convinced for ages that Kelly enjoyed a bit of success because of the relief that Levein had gone but there is no way he is competent to manage Leicester City. It's just plain obvious that he was pushed in by this feeble board just as an expedient - a money saver. Without the impetus of an MM takeover I begin to this a) it's likely Kelly will take us down and b) the board will do nothing about it.

Totally and utterly agree.

Should we just sit and do nothing then? The Board in its current format does not work, as does the situation with the shareholders and ownership of the club. But why then should we just accept that we have to put up with the situation. I know people are putting up a devil's advocate arguement with regards to MM, but what are the alternatives? If the deal from MM is good enough for the board to put forward, that is good enough for me. Also, the fact that the Board are still trying to force this through the shareholders and get the deal agreed speaks volumes about the financial state of the club, if the rumours of no payment to shareholders for some time based on success are to be believed.

The club have been hamstrung for too long. The biggest benefit that this will give us is one person making the decisions. No more decision by committee, which slows down the process of business altogether, as everyone has opinions.

Andrew Taylor was brought in to find finance. It would appear the best option he found was MM. If youutrusted this set of fans to save the club before, why not trust them now to choose the right option.

As I have stated in the past, why haven't the so called wealthy benefactor fans not come forward?

keep him as coach defo. he would be a good coach, demote him to his old job. Don't care about stowell. keep kelly a koach.

Agree with Alex. There is nothing in Kelly's record to back up this fable that he is a good coach. He was the coach in the Levein era - and the results were terrible; he's now a manager who presumably coaches - and the results remain terrible.

Taxi for Mr Kelly please!

I only know we are a bad side and anybody who can't see that is deluded,the League position doesn't lie and Southend apart we have scored the least number of goals in the League.People keep saying we have good players and should be at least mid-table if thats the case then it must be down to the Manager.Something is seriously wrong with our club its decaying from within

I only know we are a bad side and anybody who can't see that is deluded,the League position doesn't lie and Southend apart we have scored the least number of goals in the League.People keep saying we have good players and should be at least mid-table if thats the case then it must be down to the Manager.Something is seriously wrong with our club its decaying from within

It has decayed and is now festering...

I suppose thats an achievement in its self......:icon_bigg

I think you're right to a point HF, however looking at the squads of Preston, Colchester, Sheff Weds etc etc says to me that with a better Manager, we may well be mid-table at least.

Thats more down to dreaming than anything else, clutching at straws.
The table does not lie at all, we are where we are because we are not that good from manager down to the players.

I think you're right to a point HF, however looking at the squads of Preston, Colchester, Sheff Weds etc etc says to me that with a better Manager, we may well be mid-table at least.

we let Billy Davis go and now look where Dreby are...... most of us would kill for that position now

Should we just sit and do nothing then? The Board in its current format does not work, as does the situation with the shareholders and ownership of the club. But why then should we just accept that we have to put up with the situation. I know people are putting up a devil's advocate arguement with regards to MM, but what are the alternatives? If the deal from MM is good enough for the board to put forward, that is good enough for me. Also, the fact that the Board are still trying to force this through the shareholders and get the deal agreed speaks volumes about the financial state of the club, if the rumours of no payment to shareholders for some time based on success are to be believed.

The club have been hamstrung for too long. The biggest benefit that this will give us is one person making the decisions. No more decision by committee, which slows down the process of business altogether, as everyone has opinions.

Andrew Taylor was brought in to find finance. It would appear the best option he found was MM. If youutrusted this set of fans to save the club before, why not trust them now to choose the right option.

As I have stated in the past, why haven't the so called wealthy benefactor fans not come forward?

The Board haven't yet reahed a point where they are recommending MMs offer. presumably they haven't yet had one they think is 'good enough'. do you trust them if they decide against it?

The Board haven't yet reahed a point where they are recommending MMs offer. presumably they haven't yet had one they think is 'good enough'. do you trust them if they decide against it?

I thought that back in November the Board recommended to shareholders that we let MM examine the books through DD as this was the best option available (And due to the clause in MM's contract for DD the board are unable to pursue other offers until his deal has either been accepted or refused). This would point to me that they must have had some sort of indication of an offer to put this forward as bid numero uno, above the 'local consortium and the two American investors' that were allegedly chomping at the bit at the same time as MM declared his interest.

Are you sure though that they have not reached this point? I have heard nothing to the contrary since Tuesday that the final bid had not been submitted. If the Trust were to come on and say they had not yet received the final bid document, then fair enough.

As regards to trusting them? I trust Andrew Taylor's judgment, as he has been the one driving force with the attempts to get financial backing. But... They would need to have a fecking amazing back up plan if it didn't go ahead...

I thought that back in November the Board recommended to shareholders that we let MM examine the books through DD as this was the best option available (And due to the clause in MM's contract for DD the board are unable to pursue other offers until his deal has either been accepted or refused). This would point to me that they must have had some sort of indication of an offer to put this forward as bid numero uno, above the 'local consortium and the two American investors' that were allegedly chomping at the bit at the same time as MM declared his interest.

Are you sure though that they have not reached this point? I have heard nothing to the contrary since Tuesday that the final bid had not been submitted. If the Trust were to come on and say they had not yet received the final bid document, then fair enough.

As regards to trusting them? I trust Andrew Taylor's judgment, as he has been the one driving force with the attempts to get financial backing. But... They would need to have a fecking amazing back up plan if it didn't go ahead...

Gotcha, didn't realise you were refering to the 'green light'.

From what the FT have said, the innitial indicative offer lacked detail and raised a lot of questions. and i think it has changed quite a bit (especially if DD found 'Hidden debts')

acording to reports we have been waiting for the final bid document for 2 weeks (?maybe more) as far as i can see the only reason from our end for it not to be circulated is if the offer was still deemed to be likely to fail.

of course MM might have problems of his own that might be responsable.

If the offer was finalised, surely it could be circulated to shareholders while MM is home with his mum, to minimise the delay. so i think the offer can't be finalised yet?

As I do not know a shareholder, I cannot answer the question. I am sure that the receipt of any bid document may bind the receiver to secrecy with regards to its contents until the deal is done. To acknowledge the receipt of the offer may also be bound by the same restrictions... This is all just conjecture though and I would be glad for someone to come forth and confirm anything with regards to final bid docs etc, as I am sure everyone who is a fan of the club would be as well.

Conversely, MM may well have asked for all activity to stop whilst he is spending time with his mother as I am sure he doesn't know how long he may be indisposed...

Hammond Organ why that name?

:102: :102: :102:

Play on words...

Hammond Organ - Make of Piano style Organ popular back in the day. Fact.

(Elvis) Hammond (is an) Organ - Our striker is a knob. Fact.

(Elvis) Hammond (Loves) Organ - Our strlker loves the cock (allegedly)

Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670