Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are happy to see us drop out of sight into lower divisions well thats your choice. With our current set up thats the only thing that will happen. FFS we could not even raise a few quid to sign one player in this window. Wake up to the reality of everything please.

Other clubs with less money than us can survive comfortably in this division. If we don't it's due to bad management rather than lack of money.

in 3 to 4 years if he wants to walk away and we have no money to pay back, he gets nothing either.

Obviously he would want to be successful and make money, but life isn't always like that. Only three teams can go up, and even with MM's money there would be more than three richer teams in this division than us, so we'd need more than his money to be successful.

But if he isn't successful he could do what people have done at other clubs - he could sell the stadium, the training ground, and the best players, to get his money back, and leave a mess for someone else to sort out. Do you not think it's a good idea to ask him what he would do if we're in that situation in 3-4 years time, or do you trust him to do what's right for the club even if it's not best for him?

the board are commited to ensuring financial stability for the long term future ofthe club. they have done this.
Pardon me if, halfway through a fire sale, I laugh at your comment, loudly.

Do you seriously believe they have ensured our current and future financial stability? They haven't. The longer they continue to preside over the current state of affairs the worse off we will be.

No one EVER seems to hold them to account - I don't remember the last critical comment from a leading LCFC fans organisation :102:

That bollux Feriol.... we are in the shit and need an investor soon

JJ aknowledged this in his interview.

Have they? :102: :102: All I see is slow decline but inevitable decline. :icon_sad:

On the pitch i agree. thats the result of ever tighter purse strings.

The board can't expect MM to guarantee success on the pitch, its football. they can expect guarantees about the financial future though.

the same standards IMO

I'd like some guarantees as to what the current board are going to do to secure the long term future of the club if the MM deal doesn't go ahead.
We now have a smalller squad than at the beginning of the season and a manager who is clearly out of ideas. Oh yes, I nearly forgot, we're skint as well. Oh, and to really help with the long term future RK, TNBD, I'm going to say this slowly so you can try and understand it

We are four points away from the drop zone

Other clubs with less money than us can survive comfortably in this division. If we don't it's due to bad management rather than lack of money.

Obviously he would want to be successful and make money, but life isn't always like that. Only three teams can go up, and even with MM's money there would be more than three richer teams in this division than us, so we'd need more than his money to be successful.

But if he isn't successful he could do what people have done at other clubs - he could sell the stadium, the training ground, and the best players, to get his money back, and leave a mess for someone else to sort out. Do you not think it's a good idea to ask him what he would do if we're in that situation in 3-4 years time, or do you trust him to do what's right for the club even if it's not best for him?

Has anybody put this question towards our current board? They need to stand up and answer a lot of questions.

Also if MM sells the stadium, it means he must have bought it in the first place and the outstanding amount at the moment is £17.5M. I doubt you would get half that amount from a builder who wants to put shops or flats on it, who else would want to buy it? In 3 - 4 years time Tigers will have a new or refurbished ground anyway.

At the moment too our best players if sold would generate very little

Pardon me if, halfway through a fire sale, I laugh at your comment, loudly.

Do you seriously believe they have ensured our current and future financial stability? They haven't. The longer they continue to preside over the current state of affairs the worse off we will be.

No one EVER seems to hold them to account - I don't remember the last critical comment from a leading LCFC fans organisation :102:

The only comments from people in the Know indicate that we are finacialy stable (not healthy, but stable) for give me if i believe people in the know ahead of over emotional fans.

The only comments from people in the Know indicate that we are finacialy stable (not healthy, but stable) for give me if i believe people in the know ahead of over emotional fans.
Poppycock, even the FT have said we are in a downward spiral.

Has anybody put this question towards our current board? They need to stand up and answer a lot of questions.

Also if MM sells the stadium, it means he must have bought it in the first place and the outstanding amount at the moment is £17.5M. I doubt you would get half that amount from a builder who wants to put shops or flats on it, who else would want to buy it? In 3 - 4 years time Tigers will have a new or refurbished ground anyway.

At the moment too our best players if sold would generate very little

the current board aren't running up futher debts to lead to that scenario

We seem to be saying,we have this match coming up,,we need this we need that.To be honest i am sick of tired of all this shit.We are going nowhere,and we need wholesale changes now.I am totally p****d off with it all.For god sakes someone do something.

They said with the loss of the parachute payments we will be running at a loss.

Surely that is a downward spiral

few clubs make a profit, 'stable' doesn't mean we've got loads of money. just that any debt is managable.

Any substantial Debt that MM might run up, would only be manageable while he's here. what happens if h wants out is the question.

It's only a downward spiral if you don't do anything to stop it. By reducing costs the club should be able to break even at this level, even if crowds go down. We may occasionally have to sell a player, but that's always been the case at this level.

The problem is, everyone looks on the current board as being the nice men who saved us. But since that day what have they done. Nothing is the word.
We got promoted, got premiership cash and got relegated again. They have stuck by crap managers and got rid of them when it was too late, missed out on good managers when it was common knowledge they wanted to manage here, and now not making a get out of jail card a possability by dragging the process on.

I would love to know what the CURRENT board intend to do if the MM deal goes tits up.

its also worth noting that the curent board are working to lower the debt, and running costs of the club.

MM would look to increase them

its also worth noting that the curent board are working to lower the debt, and running costs of the club.

MM would look to increase them

are they? prove it....

without the MM scenario

Last edited:
The problem is, everyone looks on the current board as being the nice men who saved us. But since that day what have they done. Nothing is the word.
We got promoted, got premiership cash and got relegated again. They have stuck by crap managers and got rid of them when it was too late, missed out on good managers when it was common knowledge they wanted to manage here, and now not making a get out of jail card a possability by dragging the process on.

I would love to know what the CURRENT board intend to do if the MM deal goes tits up.

The Points in bold, i think are a consequence of strict financial control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669