Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current setup will not allow any one person to have control. That means the club is unlikely to take major risks.
It seems that MM's plans are based on risks, going into more debt, in the hope that you can pay off the debts by being successful.

Under the current board we're unlikely to be in the position where we have the kind of debts we had a few years ago. Under MM that could happen. That's why I would want guarantees in place from MM about what happens if we're not successful.
It's all very well looking for short term success, but by doing that you could be seriously risking the long term future of the club.

Which is best I guess depends on your own personal opinion - although it's easy to suggest the risk taking route when it's other people's money you're risking.
Having had debt problems of my own in the past I'm much more cautious about taking risks with money than I used to be, which is why I'm more on the side of being cautious.
Good post Jeff, and I see a lot of sense in it, it's just that my opinion is different.

I think RK needs to go, this will see us safe for the short term. But we need to take risks soon to get us going in the other direction

The current setup will not allow any one person to have control. That means the club is unlikely to take major risks.
It seems that MM's plans are based on risks, going into more debt, in the hope that you can pay off the debts by being successful.

Under the current board we're unlikely to be in the position where we have the kind of debts we had a few years ago. Under MM that could happen. That's why I would want guarantees in place from MM about what happens if we're not successful.
It's all very well looking for short term success, but by doing that you could be seriously risking the long term future of the club.

Which is best I guess depends on your own personal opinion - although it's easy to suggest the risk taking route when it's other people's money you're risking.
Having had debt problems of my own in the past I'm much more cautious about taking risks with money than I used to be, which is why I'm more on the side of being cautious.
:038: :038: Great post Webbo that's exactly what I have been trying to put across to all those shouting for the board to be axed.

then your not a true football fan. buying success is not clever. if a billionaire like abramorich took over at lcfc i would go elsewhere.

some people go thru life just wanting to win all the time. it dont work that way in the real world.you need to be able to take the lows if you cant i suggest you support chelsea.:icon_cool
:081:

Why do you want guarantees? I could not give a **** really as long as the club is seen to be doing everything it can to gain success and at the moment that does not happen.
If LCFC go down that really will be the end of the club, gone into oblivion without giving a fight.
I want to see someone take risks and at least try and get back to the prem FFS

A man running out of ideas? :102: :102: From the OS.

Post Match Comments

Rob Kelly says his side will have to iron out their inconsistencies following Saturday's 3-2 defeat at the hands of Cardiff City at Ninian Park.

A hat-trick from former Newcastle striker Michael Chopra put the Foxes 3-0 down going into the closing stages of the game, but despite Leicester's late rally Kelly confirmed that he had still been left bitterly disappointed by the defeat.

He said: "When you come to somewhere like Cardiff and score two goals you expect to get something out of the game - but we didn't.

"We shot ourselves in the foot. I know all three of Cardiff's goals were good finishes - but we should have done better with them.

"You have to be careful after the game. Emotions run high and you have to make sure that they don't cloud your judgement.

"What was said afterwards in the dressing room stays in there. But I was fine - nobody was chucking tea cups around. If we thought that would make us better then we would do that - but it won't.

"We have got good players, but at the moment we are an inconsistent team. We have to find out what the reasons are for that and quickly address them because losing football matches doesn't do anyone any good.

"We had a couple of chances when it was 1-0 that on another day we would score. But they have hit us on the break.

"We will not look for excuses. We know we have got to do better. In the end we are disappointed to come here and score two goals but leave with nothing."

You don't need to see any other - that comment would have won awards for stupidity on any forum, in any language :biggrin:

When the russian came to Chelsea the fecking crowds really dropped....:icon_roll

Why do you want guarantees? I could not give a **** really as long as the club is seen to be doing everything it can to gain success and at the moment that does not happen.
If LCFC go down that really will be the end of the club, gone into oblivion without giving a fight.
I want to see someone take risks and at least try and get back to the prem FFS

So if MM's plans were to spend a fortune trying to get promoted, and if he didn't achive that after 3-4 years he'd want all his money back - by any mneans necessary, you'd be happy with that?
Even if it meant selling the ground to the egg chasers and going into administration?
I'm not saying I want a detailed account of everything MM would do, just assurances that he won't leave us in a mess.

Too many people assume MM coming in will guarantee success, but the only time he's done well in this country has been when he's had Redknapp as manager, in his first few seasons at Portsmouth they finished in a worse position than we're in now, and last season they looked like relegation certainties until they got Redknapp back and bought some player's using Gaydamak's money - because MM had no more to spend. If MM can run out of money in the premiership - with all the income that brought him, he could easily do the same thing here.

So if MM's plans were to spend a fortune trying to get promoted, and if he didn't achive that after 3-4 years he'd want all his money back - by any mneans necessary, you'd be happy with that?
Even if it meant selling the ground to the egg chasers and going into administration?
I'm not saying I want a detailed account of everything MM would do, just assurances that he won't leave us in a mess.

Too many people assume MM coming in will guarantee success, but the only time he's done well in this country has been when he's had Redknapp as manager, in his first few seasons at Portsmouth they finished in a worse position than we're in now, and last season they looked like relegation certainties until they got Redknapp back and bought some player's using Gaydamak's money - because MM had no more to spend. If MM can run out of money in the premiership - with all the income that brought him, he could easily do the same thing here.

Why aren't the Board held to the same high standard as potential purchasers are? :102: :102:

If you are happy to see us drop out of sight into lower divisions well thats your choice. With our current set up thats the only thing that will happen. FFS we could not even raise a few quid to sign one player in this window. Wake up to the reality of everything please.

At least MM will be showing he wants to do things, because in 3 to 4 years if he wants to walk away and we have no money to pay back, he gets nothing either. Thats assuming everything is written on I.O.Us

Last edited:
Why aren't the Board held to the same high standard as potential purchasers are? :102: :102:

the board are commited to ensuring financial stability for the long term future ofthe club. they have done this.

You do realise that we are heading for a big loss this season so your arguement is slightly flawed. The boards back up plan was to bring in an investor to pay off the debts they have ran up

Nice reply Steven. The board can sit back and do feck all, and so I would like to see their GUARANTEES that they laid out about us dropping out of existance

the board are commited to ensuring financial stability for the long term future ofthe club. they have done this.

That bollux Feriol.... we are in the shit and need an investor soon

Have they? :102: :102: All I see is slow decline but inevitable decline. :icon_sad:

Nice reply Steven. The board can sit back and do feck all, and so I would like to see their GUARANTEES that they laid out about us dropping out of existance

I would like to see a full five year plan laid out before the fans. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669