Post Match Bolton 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my worst days as a city fan was at that ground...2-2 against 9 men in the relegation season. Brilliant to see city fans there in happier circumstances.

One of my worst days as a city fan was at that ground...2-2 against 9 men in the relegation season. Brilliant to see city fans there in happier circumstances.

I think it's also the first time we've won away at Bolton since the early 80's or something.

just home..what a night what a season , WELL DONE NP and all the staff.. btw what a bloody goal!!!!!! worthy of winning any match but to win this one was FANTASTIC not briliant first half but once we changed the team shape the players were far more comfortable , defence solid throughout James MOTM Danny usual normal workmanlike good performance, Nuge lost up front alone Wood played well when he came on, great run to set up the goal.Knocky/Mahrez good in spells Brillant after-match celebrations

I bet that is amazing to be there, jealous.

It was :icon_bigg

Bolton were shit and yet still had 3/4 chances in the second half. It has to be said though, this was men against boys and anything other than a City win would have been a complete travesty. James was once again excellent, Konchesky actually played well too. Can't be bothered to write much more as only just got back, but it was a great night and I'm so pleased I was there to see it :038:

Was lucky enough to be there tonight. Great atmosphere, and the lads delivered. Loved the celebrations and will never forget it!

Bring on the Prem

Just back home, I've had a lovely night, happy days

It's half past 4 in the morning. I've been scouring the internet for Leicester related stuff since the game finished about 6 3/4 hours ago. I was supposed to be doing work in that time. Feck that.

Still have butterflies in my stomach, the muscles in the side of my mouth uncontrollable keep forming a smile and I still feel like every molecule in my body is bouncing off another at ten times its normal rate.

This is why you follow football. This is why you emotionally attach yourself to an ever changing bunch of highly paid professionals. This is why you sit through teams managed by useless manager after useless manager for a good decade.

Lloyd, you fecking beautiful human being. How many important and late goals has he scored over the years? Absolute cult hero. One of my favourite Leicester players ever.

Nuge, I don't care what anyone says. Has been such a great player over the past 3 years and has scored so many excellent and vital goals.

Kasper, how many times have you saved us? Leicester has a history of having some of the best goalkeepers in the history of the game and he's doing that legacy proud.

Nige, in 2008 when we hired you, I was underwhelmed. Thought you were just yet another in a long line of journeyman mangers. How wrong I was. Turned us from a miserable club going nowhere into one which was so exciting to follow. Given us statistically the 2 best seasons in the club's history and 2 play-off campaigns to boot and broken so many records along the way over both your spells. If anyone ever deserved a crack at the Premier League as Leicester boss, it's Nige.

Sign them all up, Top! We want them all here next season.

Also, all this overwhelming joy has made me start addressing people I don't know as if I do know them. That's the connection you get from such a fantastic team.

Also, Danny Drinkwater, even before this game, had over 600 more passes than any other player in the division. That is actually insane.

Last edited:
Another stat is that we're not even in the top six if you only counted scorelines at half time. Like tonight, the success this season has been based on our ability to find a way to win with second half goals.

Our second half record is scored fifty goals, conceded fifteen.

Congratulations must be given to the several hundred supporters in the Bolton areas who stayed behind and applauded our achievement.

Congratulations must be given to the several hundred supporters in the Bolton areas who stayed behind and applauded our achievement.

Yes I noticed them too, thought it was really good. I also noticed that many of their fans who left when the game finished made a point of clapping our players as they were leaving too.

They can be seen here (hopefully if crapatalk lets me attach it!). As we walked out many of them congratulated us. Nice.
ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398280107.148877.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398280107.148877.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 142
It might be too early to critique the performance at Bolton. I had the wonderful opportunity to drag my daughter to the game, before she returned to Dublin & GAA.

1. She wanted to know why we piss around with ball and not attack. 2. Why don't you shoot when there is a clear opportunity. 3. Someone should have a word with the keeper, his kicking is crap. 4. Why does No.4 not want the ball? Every time he receives it he gives it back.

Legitimate questions. She was bouncing at the end. She might admit she is Leicester fan, eventually.

Point 1 is interesting - procession denies the opposition a chance to hurt you and theoretically tires them chasing the ball. The most successful sides have this approach so I assume it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669