Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
But probably at least another £4 million+ is going out every year for the wages of those extra 16 players (at an average of £5000 a week).

And i'd bet it has all been borrowed against the club and not MM's personal money anyway. :icon_wink

Last edited:
MM wouldn't be so stupid to spend his own money would he. He could walk away tomorrow and leave us in a great big mess. Don't think he will though because it's not in his character. He's a nutter who will go to great lengths to get success.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside is set to make a fresh move for Leicester boss Gary Megson after his initial bid for talks - following the exit of manager Sammy Lee - was turned down. (Various)

You want him gone Jeff?

I keep saying changing manager all the time is a bad thing, it's disruptive, we need some stability.

But that probably doesn't really apply if the manager's only been here a few weeks, and I didn't want Megson in the first place so I won't be disappointed if he goes...unless we get someone even worse to replace him.

I hope Megson goes, so far every game I have been to at the Walkers has been rubbish! He has a boring style and frankly I have watched my son's under 9's team play with more pace, imagination and determination to score a goal.

If Megson is as good as MM thinks, why have we not had any decent loan signings under Megson so we can at least get someone to feed the ball to Hume or Fryatt! Oh and well done Megson for playing Cort!! Cort looks lazy, is lazy and has as much chance as Fulop of scoring a goal!

I hope Megson goes, replacement's ??? Paul Jewell or Peter Reid have more passion in their BALLS then Megson has full stop.

Oh and while I am ranting, where are all the summer signings??? Surely they cant be worse then Andy King,,,,, he is RUBBISH!

I would rather see Peter Taylor back then continue with Megson's rein and beleive me I hate Peter Taylor with a passion !:098:

Last edited:
action-smiley-061.gif

We're not achieving any more at the moment than we would do if Craig Levein was in charge of this bunch of players.

Ultimately teams will win and lose, gain promotion and be relegated, throughout your lifetime and long after we've all gone - it's how they make you feel while you're here on this planet that's the important thing, not winning or avoiding defeat for the sake of it. At the moment I feel a worrying ambivalence towards each game and I've had to turn to sports I care relatively little about (international football, rugby union, Formula One) to gain some excitement in the absence of any in our matches recently.

That's criminal really. Unless we're winning games on a consistent basis then the main mandate for the manager should be entertainment value.

I'm bored.

Sum's up my feelings exactly.

No, but he's only made one post so far so we should be grateful........

Its times like this I wish the forum would play a little da, da, daaa, da, da, daaaaaaaa sound. Hes here all week, try the steak…… etc…etc

If he goes i'll be happy but i wouldnt mind if he stays at leicester. His tactics dont look promising, they look dull, but at least our defence looks organised. I just hope that bolton appoint someone as soon as possible so we can all get back to normal. I dont like waiting all this time to see if we'll be managerless again.

If he goes i'll be happy but i wouldnt mind if he stays at leicester. His tactics dont look promising, they look dull, but at least our defence looks organised. I just hope that bolton appoint someone as soon as possible so we can all get back to normal. I dont like waiting all this time to see if we'll be managerless again.

So if he stays we are going to be bored for the next few months.:eek:

So Are We
Gary Megson seems as confused as the rest of us that people actually want him to manage their football club. From The Daily Express:

'Bolton are set to launch a second bid to talk to the Leicester manager, who is bemused to be fending off suitors so soon after his appointment.'

Mediawatch is just bemused that one team want the Ginger Buffoon, never mind two.

mint

I don't think the problem is whether Megson leaves. It's difficult to conceive that as a blow given his mixed track record and especially his reputation for dire football.

However, there is bound to be concern that yet another season seems to be going down the pan as a result of mainly poor acquisitions and managerial instability.

The bright spot as you indicate is the defensive record - the best in the division. I think you are right to give credit for defence organisation. Of course, that is at the price of lack of goal scoring potential and reflects the fact that we have some useful defenders and defensive midfielders but lack creative players and a decent striker. The latter issue is difficult to sort because of it would seriously cost even if it was possible to attract such a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69