Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly likely to please our beloved leader, either, when he sees it

Whichever way you look at it the useless ginger feck is out of here

You have to wonder whether Megson is saying these things to wind up Mandaric, it is almost as if he is trying to get himself the bullet or make his position with MM untenable so MM then is almost forced to allow him to move to Bolton.

If it does happen he is worse than McGhee

You have to wonder whether Megson is saying these things to wind up Mandaric, it is almost as if he is trying to get himself the bullet or make his position with MM untenable so MM then is almost forced to allow him to move to Bolton.

If it does happen he is worse than McGhee

As if he isn't already? :102:

I would like to think that Milan has this very much in hand.
As Shakespeare said (I am not too sure of which team this Duncan chap was manager) "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly."

We do not need weeks of uncertainty - again! (That's me, not Willie - just in case my flowing prose should fool you.)

Last edited:
Has he actually signed any contract with us?

It would seem not, so any claim for compo seems outlandish at best.

Mandaric has publicly asked Megson to pledge his future and he hasnt donw that so we live in hope that this ends in mego doing one.

Has he actually signed any contract with us?

Mandaric has publicly asked Megson to pledge his future and he hasnt donw that so we live in hope that this ends in mego doing one.

Bocadillo will be on your case with some facts in a minute :icon_wink

So, let me get this right....

MM gains GM, and gives him a job even though he has now steered us through CCC games as well as quite a few league matches and still there is no contract signed?

If that is the case, then MM wants to run another 'clear the air' night as that is utter madness.

If GM leaves, I firmly believe we are starting to become a joke club and the fact that our current manager has no contract of employment further strengthens this.

My unwaivering support of MM may well be called in to question. This, no matter how many of you view GM, would be an extraordinary balls up.

Last edited:
this made me laugh off the bolton news site

Posted by: Tel, bolton on 10:48am today
Get Derek Acorah to get in touch with brian clough please!!:icon_lol:

Mandaric asking a manager to show commitment :081:

Surely, if he hasn't signed a contract, Bolton wouldn't even need to go through Leicester City?

Someone might correct me but in employment law i am pretty sure you have six months grace to sign your contract of employment and anyway a verbal agreement is legally binding

Megson's record:

Pld W D L

8 3 4 1

Unbeaten in our last five matches. Only a deflected goal conceded (that shouldn't have stood as it was deflected off an opponent's hand) in the last 500 minutes of football.

I can see why Bolton would be interested in the Ginger One, but I'd be surprised and disappointed if it happened.

We're onto something with this fella and it would be a shame if it ended almost before it had begun. Hopefully it's just some back stage positioning going on.

Reading through this thread, nobody has named anyone even remotely as good as a possible replacement.

There seem to be lots of people who don't appreciate the fact that half of football is about defending and playing without the ball. That's the half you have to get right first of all and Megson/Burrows/Taggart have done that. We all know we need more chances created and goals scored. That will come.

I wouldn't blame Megson for walking out on us to go to Bolton though. Fact is, collectively we've made him about as welcome as a dose of piles. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69