Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ACAS's website:

Does an employment contract need to be in writing?

Most employment contracts need not be in writing to be legally valid; a verbal agreement can be sufficient. However, writing down the terms of the contract can minimise later disagreements. The Employment Rights Act 1996 requires employers to provide most employees, within two calendar months of starting work, with a written statement of the main terms of the contract.

The following details must be included in the written statement:

the employer's name
the employee's name
the job title or a brief job description
the date employment began(9) the place of work and the address of the employer
the amount of pay and the interval between payments
hours of work
holiday pay entitlement
sick pay arrangements
pension arrangements
notice periods
where the employment is not permanent, the period it is expected to continue
where the employment is for a fixed term, the date when it is to end
grievance and appeal arrangements
disciplinary rules and any disciplinary or dismissal procedures (as a minimum these should comply with the statutory procedures)
any collective agreements which directly affect the terms and conditions
where the person is required to work outside the UK for more than one month: the period he/she is to do so; the currency in which salary will be paid; any additional remuneration payable by reason of working outside the UK; and any terms and conditions relating to his/her return to the UK.

I guess this legally binding document MM supposedly has in the written statement ??

Megson's record:

Pld W D L

8 3 4 1

Unbeaten in our last five matches. Only a deflected goal conceded (that shouldn't have stood as it was deflected off an opponent's hand) in the last 500 minutes of football.

I can see why Bolton would be interested in the Ginger One, but I'd be surprised and disappointed if it happened.

We're onto something with this fella and it would be a shame if it ended almost before it had begun. Hopefully it's just some back stage positioning going on.

Reading through this thread, nobody has named anyone even remotely as good as a possible replacement.

There seem to be lots of people who don't appreciate the fact that half of football is about defending and playing without the ball. That's the half you have to get right first of all and Megson/Burrows/Taggart have done that. We all know we need more chances created and goals scored. That will come.

I wouldn't blame Megson for walking out on us to go to Bolton though. Fact is, collectively we've made him about as welcome as a dose of piles. Sad.

Spot on.

Megson's record:

Pld W D L

8 3 4 1

Unbeaten in our last five matches. Only a deflected goal conceded (that shouldn't have stood as it was deflected off an opponent's hand) in the last 500 minutes of football.

I can see why Bolton would be interested in the Ginger One, but I'd be surprised and disappointed if it happened.

We're onto something with this fella and it would be a shame if it ended almost before it had begun. Hopefully it's just some back stage positioning going on.

Reading through this thread, nobody has named anyone even remotely as good as a possible replacement.

There seem to be lots of people who don't appreciate the fact that half of football is about defending and playing without the ball. That's the half you have to get right first of all and Megson/Burrows/Taggart have done that. We all know we need more chances created and goals scored. That will come.

I wouldn't blame Megson for walking out on us to go to Bolton though. Fact is, collectively we've made him about as welcome as a dose of piles. Sad.

Agreed.

Megson's record:

Pld W D L

8 3 4 1

Would that be because he is an irritating arsehole :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Taken from Rivals :

Victor Chandler reports at 4.00pm today: "Within the space of half an hour we had a serious run of money on Megson for next Bolton manager and we had to take evasive action and suspend betting. Milan Mandaric is adamant that he'll refuse Bolton permission to seak to Megson BUT THIS SORT OF MONEY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF"
Victor Chandler is one of the most serious big money gamblers in the country. He will take a £100,000 bet on the rails at Cheltenham without batting an eyelid. If he had to take evasive action then there is a ton on money been bet in the last few minutes.

Isn't it supposed to be that the fans are upset that a manager might leave not that he might stay? :081::081::081:

Last edited:
Taken from Rivals :

Victor Chandler reports at 4.00pm today: "Within the space of half an hour we had a serious run of money on Megson for next Bolton manager and we had to take evasive action and suspend betting. Milan Mandaric is adamant that he'll refuse Bolton permission to seak to Megson BUT THIS SORT OF MONEY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF"
Victor Chandler is one of the most serious big money gamblers in the country. He will take a £100,000 bet on the rails at Cheltenham without batting an eyelid. If he had to take evasive action then there is a ton on money been bet in the last few minutes.

Is this similar to when Cotteril and Newell were 100% becoming our next manager?

Is this similar to when Cotteril and Newell were 100% becoming our next manager?

The only difference being that it would seem Megson is determined to push Mad Mandy into a corner and one way or another it is highly unlikely he will be our manager in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Milan Mandaric is adamant that he'll refuse Bolton permission to seak to Megson BUT THIS SORT OF MONEY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF"
Yes.

It says "People who throw money at book-keepers are damn mugs and deserve it when their wives leave them taking the children and the keys to the car"

Ive actually gone past the point of caring whether he ****s off or stays. It's doing the club no good what so ever, which is the most important thing at the end of the day. I knew with MM running the show, things wouldn't be plain sailing, but our club has become a ****ing circus of late.

Ive actually gone past the point of caring whether he ****s off or stays. It's doing the club no good what so ever, which is the most important thing at the end of the day. I knew with MM running the show, things wouldn't be plain sailing, but our club has become a ****ing circus of late.

:038: Sums it up perfectly. Another embarrassing episode. Megson by not coming out and commiting his future to the club has made his position untenable with Milan and the fans, if he wants out then let the fecker go. I actually think that Milan is holding out for a decent compensation package.

Last edited:
The fact that we may lose GM will render LCFC an absolute laughing stock.

Who the feck would come in next?

The fact that we may lose GM will render LCFC an absolute laughing stock.

Who the feck would come in next?

Does Taggs have the neccessary qualifications to be able to take over? I'm not saying I want him to, but it is a possibility if Megson leaves (providing he has the relevent badges).

It originated as a derisory term for Bernie but has recently been adopted by certain posters to refer to city supporting not rights.

What is a Blue Mongie? It sounds like some kind of fungal infection.
It's a term alex made up to signify a blinkered fan whose only goal in life is to "big up" Leicester City and get consumed by it's shite marketing stunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69