Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......but lack creative players and a decent striker. The latter issue is difficult to sort because of it would seriously cost even if it was possible to attract such a striker.

I wouldn't go so far as to call Fryatt & Hume world beating, but I think that wth that decent midfield, they would get a respectable return.
If progress has to be one step at a time, so be it. The problem I have is in seeing any real progress under Megson. Surely the main reason for our fantastic defensive record is that we play twice as many defenders as anybody else!

can anyone on here,with hand on heart,say they have faith in any of our forwards.i cant.this must be the worse set of forwards the club has had for a long,long time.

im usually very positive,but we need a total re-vamp upfront.2 or 3 forwards are a must imo.problem is every one is after a few that are about.

can anyone on here,with hand on heart,say they have faith in any of our forwards.i cant.this must be the worse set of forwards the club has had for a long,long time.

im usually very positive,but we need a total re-vamp upfront.2 or 3 forwards are a must imo.problem is every one is after a few that are about.

This time last year we had Fryatt, Hume, Hammond and O'Grady

The year before it was De Vries, Hammond, Hume and Dublin

You can only blame lack of supply for so long, then it becomes lack of ability.

If you are being starved of the ball, surely when you do get the chance you'd make a point of showing people what you can do when you get the ball, not kick it straight at the feckin keeper!

GM has said about giving youth a chance, so maybe time to blood Rickehhh?

This time last year we had Fryatt, Hume, Hammond and O'Grady

The year before it was De Vries, Hammond, Hume and Dublin

Thing is the likes of MDV,Dublin,Hammond and O'Grady disdn't cost much.We have wasted 2 million on Campbell,for that type of money he should be first on the teamsheet

Last edited:
You can only blame lack of supply for so long, then it becomes lack of ability.

No, lack of supply becomes lack of ability when the supply position has been fixed and we are still not scoring. I struggle to remember a decent midfield (not an individual player) since the days of Lennon,Savage and Izzet.

Thing is the likes of MDV,Dublin,Hammond and O'Grady disdn't cost much.We have wasted 2 million on Campbell,for that type of money he should be first on the teamsheet

And would be should Martin Allen still be in charge. I don't think he's a waste yet at all.

RL are reporting that Megson has told them 'I'm at Leicester until someone tells me otherwise' but has refused to talk about the Bolton connection. Seems like the main issue is whether Bolton want Megson, he seems happy to leave.

Last edited:
No, lack of supply becomes lack of ability when the supply position has been fixed and we are still not scoring. I struggle to remember a decent midfield (not an individual player) since the days of Lennon,Savage and Izzet.

Scrowcroft,Izzet,Mckinley,Stewart

Those were the days;)

RL are reporting that Megson has told them 'I'm at Leicester until someone tells me otherwise' but has refused to talk about the Bolton connection. Seems like the main issue is whether Bolton want Megson, he seems happy to leave.

Otherwise

Hardly a convincing commitment, I reckon he is a goner.

Latest odds

Betfair - 11/10
Ladbrokes - 4/5
Hills - 4/5

No other bookmakers taking bets on Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613