Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on Rivals late last night.

I have just been told by someone that Megson has come down with the dreaded "Food poisoning/Flu" (delete as applicable) so wont be on the bench tomorrow.

The begining of the end?

Coincidence surely not !!!

Posted on Rivals late last night.

I have just been told by someone that Megson has come down with the dreaded "Food poisoning/Flu" (delete as applicable) so wont be on the bench tomorrow.

The begining of the end?

Coincidence surely not !!!
sounds like a bolt on cert :icon_wink

Taken from todays Mirror.

Todays inside story "FOXES WILL SELL MEGS"

Bolton must pay £300.000 to make Megson their Manager - after Leicester angrily to them to "clear off" from their boss.
Wanderers chairman Phil Garside made a second approach to Foxes supremo Milan Mandaric yesterday and was curtly told to go away.

Taken from todays Mirror.

Todays inside story "FOXES WILL SELL MEGS"

Bolton must pay £300.000 to make Megson their Manager - after Leicester angrily to them to "clear off" from their boss.
Wanderers chairman Phil Garside made a second approach to Foxes supremo Milan Mandaric yesterday and was curtly told to go away.

Three hundred quid ?

I'd feckin' snap their hands off

:icon_lol::icon_lol::038::038::038:

carnt wait for the new thread's to start " citys new manager could be "

We might as well start it now because Megson now has to leave for Bolton or be dismissed.

There is no blame attached to him because he wasn't widely welcomed here and never signed a contract. But we can't have a Leicester City manager - or at least one of his dubious calibre who we can afford to lose - keeping his head down and hoping some relegation bound, small northern town outfit are going to take him on.

I think Uncle Milan - our great benefactor from the Balkans - should now appoint a caretaker manager and wait patiently for MON to get the sack at the Villa, which is probably just a matter of time.

But the Mockery is reporting now that Megson is saying he is here to take LCFC into the Premiership, not going anywhere, and will have a loan striker in for tonight's game!

... or is it another load of Blanderson Bollux!

We might as well start it now because Megson now has to leave for Bolton or be dismissed.

There is no blame attached to him because he wasn't widely welcomed here and never signed a contract. But we can't have a Leicester City manager - or at least one of his dubious calibre who we can afford to lose - keeping his head down and hoping some relegation bound, small northern town outfit are going to take him on.

I think Uncle Milan - our great benefactor from the Balkans - should now appoint a caretaker manager and wait patiently for MON to get the sack at the Villa, which is probably just a matter of time.

I cannot imagine that MON would ever attempt to manage LCFC with Milan interfering, and more likely MON is waiting patiently to become England manager when we fail to qualify!

Yeah right........

Megson: I'm not going anywhere
by Bill Anderson

Leicester City have received one boost before tonight's home clash against Sheffield United and are in line for another.
megson-th37.jpg

Manager Gary Megson has reiterated his commitment to the club, and City look set to sign a striker on loan in time to face the Blades at the Walkers Stadium (7.45).
Megson, right, was linked with the vacant managerial post at Premiership side Bolton last week.
But he said on the eve of tonight's game: “I was never going anywhere.
“I want to get back to the Premiership which was why I came to Leicester, and we all want to get there.”
The Trotters' approach last week to talk to Megson was rebuffed by City chairman Milan Mandaric, and Megson was underlining what he said before the Scunthorpe game that he was concentrating on City affairs.
The news of another striker will be welcomed by the Blue Army because, although City have the best defensive record in the Championship, they have scored only 10 goals in 10 games.
And Iain Hume is suspended for tonight's game, having been sent off in the goalless draw at Scunthorpe on Saturday.
City expect the formalities of the loan signing to be completed before this evening's deadline of 4.45pm.
Megson said: “Our defence is strong and, with 50 per cent of Sheffield United's goals this season coming from set-pieces, we have to be on our toes in that respect.
“But we can't get away from the fact that we have got to try to create more while not upsetting the equilibrium of what we have at the moment.
“The idea is that we spring forward from that solid base.”
City felt hard done-by with some refereeing decisions in the draw at Scunthorpe, but Megson is looking deeper into the fact that draws need to be turned into wins.
He said: “Those things don't mask the fact that we are not getting enough crosses into the box, not getting in behind the back four often enough, not getting hold of the ball often enough.
And with Hume suspended, someone else will get the opportunity.”
The new player's late arrival means a place on the bench would be his best bet, with DJ Campbell and Carl Cort in contention for Hume's place.
The rest of the team should be unchanged from Saturday. Defenders Gareth McAuley and Richard Stearman need treatment for knocks, although they, and striker Matty Fryatt who also was under treatment for an injury, are fit for selection.
Megson is expecting his fair share of barracking from the Blades fans because of his Sheffield Wednesday connections.
That will not shake his conviction that City need to be solid and not race forward in gung-ho fashion, and he said: “Those who want us to do that should have seen us go gung-ho at Charlton in a dreadful first half before we got it sorted out.
“The formation is to suit the players we have available at the moment and, since that second half at the Valley, we have lost only one goal, and a deflected one at that.
“It is not all defence. We are asking the wing-backs to get forward, the midfield players to get forward so, if we are doing it right, we should have six players up in the last third.”
nCity have advised supporters to give themselves extra time travelling to games at the Walkers Stadium because of the roadworks on Upperton Road bridge.

I cannot imagine that MON would ever attempt to manage LCFC with Milan interfering, and more likely MON is waiting patiently to become England manager when we fail to qualify!

Yes - I suppose if you are a professional football manager, you might just think that the England job was higher profile than being assistant to Uncle Milan at The Walkers!

Anyway - do I detect from the Mercury quote that Megson has heard that Bolton have had second thoughts about him? To-day was his last chance to make some clear statement of loyalty to City.

:038::038::038::038::038::038:

Megson staying put - it's official!

Now can all the silliness cease and everyone get behind the special one tonight and for the rest of the season?

Who is this striker - Anyone know?

:038::038::038::038::038::038:

Megson staying put - it's official!

Now can all the silliness cease and everyone get behind the special one tonight and for the rest of the season?

Who is this striker - Anyone know?

Only because there is a game tonight and the slimey fecker doesn't want to be subjected to dogs abuse, bet he thought it would be all sorted and has had to make a half arsed statement, IMO the cnut is still going, wouldn't be surprised for this loan deal to hit a last minute snag.

Why couldn't this statement have been made on saturday, if he is so fecking genuine.

Last edited:
Only because there is a game tonight and the slimey fecker doesn't want to be subjected to dogs abuse, bet he thought it would be all sorted and has had to make a half arsed statement, IMO the cnut is still going, wouldn't be surprised for this loan deal to hit a last minute snag.

Why couldn't this statement have been made on saturday, if he is so fecking genuine.

Blimey, what's the poor fella done to you?

For me, he's only lost one in 8 and got us looking like a difficult to beat side for the first time in 5 years.

Today's statement would never have been made if there was any chance of him going.

Learn to love him. Sooner rather than later would be my advice.

Blimey, what's the poor fella done to you?

For me, he's only lost one in 8 and got us looking like a difficult to beat side for the first time in 5 years.

Today's statement would never have been made if there was any chance of him going.

Learn to love him. Sooner rather than later would be my advice.

I was actually quite supportive of him, but the truth if it wasn't for the fact that Milan was digging his heels in then he would have walked away from our club without the hint of regret, now because Mandaric has made it difficult he is frantically trying to get the fans back onside.

If he never had any intention of ever leaving, then why has he allowed the build up and preperation to an important game be surrounded by such speculation :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69