Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to don a tin hat here before I say this BUT I think we should install Taggs as manager with Steve Walsh as assistant and get in an experienced first team coach.

I'm going to don a tin hat here before I say this BUT I think we should install Taggs as manager with Steve Walsh as assistant and get in an experienced first team coach.

You put on your special jacket to go with it - the one with the long straps.....

You put on your special jacket to go with it - the one with the long straps.....

IMG_0248.jpg

Taggs For Manager (Gurgle Gurgle) My Name Is Hitler Tampon (Gurgle Gurgle) I Like Scrumpy With Bits In It (Gurgle Gurgle)

It's 9.08am. Why the fcuk as the OS not got a story along the lines of 'Megson Leaves' ...

Now is not the time for gimmicks, Walsh has proved nothing as a manager or a coach the lazy fecker can't even be arsed to go and get his coaching badges, that is how serious he is about management. Legend as a player but not cut out for a role in management.

If we are going to go down the route of employing an ex player as manager then for me it has to be somebody with some experience and track record, and the one stand out candidate has to be Grayson.

If we appoint Taggs as manager which would be a gamble, but no more so than any other appointment then IMO it has to be with an experienced assistant.

If Megson F**ks off and we get either Grayson or Ince i will be a happy man and not the miserable git i am this morning

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/10/24/sfnbol124.xml

Gary Megson moves on to Bolton

Gary Megson is set to complete a remarkable return to Premier League management with Bolton within the next 48 hours — just weeks after being forced to work for nothing.
# In pics: Premier League action
# Bolton Wanderers homepage
# Telegraph TV: Premier League highlights

Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, was last night putting the finishing touches to a move that would see Megson end his reign at Leicester after only five weeks and become Bolton's second manager in six months. He is expected to take charge in Sunday's home game with Aston Villa.

Gary Megson moves on to Bolton

sfnbol124.jpg

Plenty to shout about: Gary Megson is ready for the top flight

It follows a turbulent day at the Reebok Stadium which saw Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric reject a second approach from Bolton to speak to Megson a matter of hours after Graeme Souness announced he had been interviewed for the position but was no longer interested.

Souness, the former Liverpool and Newcastle manager, revealed he had talks with Gartside last Thursday, 24 hours after Lee's ill-fated 14-game reign had ended.

Although interested at the time, Souness yesterday distanced himself from the job after hearing nothing from Bolton over the weekend.

A source close to Souness said: "Graeme was called to a meeting by Gartside last week. He was very, very excited about the prospect of managing a club like Bolton.
advertisement

"He thinks it is a proper club and believes he could have used his experience to offer Bolton a lot. But having not heard back from Gartside and discovering that Curtis represents Megson, he feels he has been used a little bit."

Gartside said: "Having interviewed him last week, I know Graeme would have been an exceptional candidate for the role. However, I respect his decision to pull out of the process and I wish him well for the future."

With Real Sociedad insisting that Chris Coleman, another candidate on Gartside's short list, was staying in Spain, Bolton have now turned to Megson to lift the club out of trouble after a poor start to the season.

Although he did not sign a contract when he arrived at the Walkers Stadium five weeks ago, Bolton are understood to have offered Leicester £300,000 compensation to cushion the blow of losing Megson.

Having struggled to find a way back into management following his exit at Nottingham Forest in February 2006, Megson has suddenly found himself in demand. Two months ago he was coaching behind the scenes at Stoke for free after several unsuccessful attempts to land a job.

He was invited to take over at Leicester on Sept 13, following Martin Allen's abrupt exit. However, three years after being sacked by West Bromwich Albion as the West Midlands club struggled in the top tier, he is now poised to accept the biggest challenge of his career so far in trying to turn around Bolton's fortunes.

Souness, 54, felt his chances of being appointed were slim after discovering that Bolton had enlisted the help of agent Mark Curtis to find a new manager. Curtis acts on behalf of a number of managers including Megson, one of his rivals for the job.

Last edited:
I still think Megson should be given until Christmas :027:

and me.....

Despite the fans wanting him to go, I don't think Megson wants to be here till Xmas. He wants to be off to Bolton provided MM gives him the ok.

It's not a case of MM giving him longer.

Wouldnt you want to be off in this climate?:102:

Wouldnt you want to be off in this climate?:102:

In Megson's position, yes - it will probably be his last one big shot at the big time. But then there is the point of loyalty and honour and he's already spoken about being poured poison down in a past career.

It's a different situation to the fans wanting a manager sacked because of sustained poor form. Megson wants off the fans, the fans want him off and Mandaric has the cards on the table to do so. It seems Megson's loyalty is the factor which is getting up the fans noses with boring football in background.

In Megson's position, yes - it will probably be his last one big shot at the big time. But then there is the point of loyalty and honour and he's already spoken about being poured poison down in a past career.

It's a different situation to the fans wanting a manager sacked because of sustained poor form. Megson wants off the fans, the fans want him off and Mandaric has the cards on the table to do so. It seems Megson's loyalty is the factor which is getting up the fans noses with boring football in background.

Doesn't really bother me that much - that's football for you, I'm afraid

I detest the man because he is a clueless outdated dinosaur of a 'manager 'who has simply no idea what the modern game is all about. His team selections and formations are genuinely some of the most bizarre that I have ever seen, and his 'tactics' are brutally naiive

He has single-handedly turned a team which seemed to have at least some glimmer of potential (within the 'game that has no name') to one that is utterly bereft of ideas and has completely lost its ability to do even the most basic of tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669