Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers homer. Cheerio megson then! is it usual for a manager to go into a club without signing a contract? And why would they need to pay compensation if hes not even tied down here, is that to lcfc or megson himself?

Is it usual for anyone to not be signing paperwork when in a role such as his I wonder? Well done Leicester. What a shambles. Joke.

Cheers homer. Cheerio megson then! is it usual for a manager to go into a club without signing a contract? And why would they need to pay compensation if hes not even tied down here, is that compensation for lcfc then or megson himself? Hhmmm

Cheers homer. Cheerio megson then! is it usual for a manager to go into a club without signing a contract? And why would they need to pay compensation if hes not even tied down here, is that to lcfc or megson himself?

MM on radio said he had... he said it was Megsons agent who hadn't signed something. He said Megson was legally bound.

Cheers homer. Cheerio megson then! is it usual for a manager to go into a club without signing a contract? And why would they need to pay compensation if hes not even tied down here, is that compensation for lcfc then or megson himself? Hhmmm

Theoretically and legally - Megson could seek to hold Milan to a verbal contract; similarly Milan can claim that he has a verbal agreement with Megson that amounts to a contract.

Getting us promoted to the prem?

If an infinite number of monkey/typerwriter combos will give you shakespeare, eventually, running through that many managers will get you promoted. Eventually. Mandaric was just lucky. Luck to strike gold with Redknapp, and lucky that one of his previous managers hadn't get them relegated first.

It's quite common for managers (not just in football) to be appointed on an outline contract with details sorted out later, when a long term contract is drawn up and signed. It is quite likely the case here. It does not necessarily mean there is only a verbal contract - a letter of appointment, for example, forms a contract and can contain things which MM can use.

According to the BBC, Megson is the clear front-runner now that Souness has pulled out. according to this source Bolton are willing to pay £300,000 in compensation, to get their man.

bollux...... my time is running out, but he can go to Bolton for all I care

It's quite common for managers (not just in football) to be appointed on an outline contract with details sorted out later, when a long term contract is drawn up and signed. It is quite likely the case here. It does not necessarily mean there is only a verbal contract - a letter of appointment, for example, forms a contract and can contain things which MM can use.

We could presume as well that Smeggy has drawn some wages from Milan since he arrived.

yup probably so but it still wouldnt take away the fact that quite a number on here would be glad to see the back of megson

Well I will own up in as much as if he goes it will be a good rather than a bad thing. Depending of course on who would replace him.

Regarding Melton's point: I don't have any doubt that Megson would go to Bolton if the opportunity arose.

I also go along with those who see the obvious opportunity for Milan to exploit the situation by claiming that Megson stayed loyal (without revealing that Bolton didn't want him as first, second, third or even possibly fourth choice) and the further opportunity to endear himself with the Leicester faithful.

I wonder what we will all be saying after the Blades game. If we win, I will be beginning to feel guilty - if we lose or have yet another mind numbing draw, I suspect that many of those leaning towards Megson will have second thoughts.

The most important things is a victory - it's not nice after a handful of managerial changes to ne 18th in a crappy division and playing dull football.

Its bizarre position we are in. So much negativity and so many people that couldnt give a flying feck if the manager walked. Yet despite the lowly position we are 5pts off 5th place with a game in hand. The scunny game was the most boring match i've witnessed in many a long year, and i can understand why people have reservations about GM. On the other hand has he done much wrong :102:. He has inherited a side without hardly any quality and whoever comes in after GM will need a miracle to get this lot going. And if he his such a shite manager why are a premier lge team after him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669