Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandaric isn't going to give permission for his manager to talk to another club on the day of an important match, don't be surprised if permission is granted or a statement made regarding Megson's future after the full time whistle tonight.

Mandaric isn't going to give permission for his manager to talk to another club on the day of an important match, don't be surprised if permission is granted or a statement made regarding Megson's future after the full time whistle tonight.

Due to megson not being at the game due to "football manager pissing off flu "it could be before kick off :icon_lol::icon_lol:;)

So wouldn't someone who has yet to sign a contract as our Manager be pretty dumb to rule himself out of the running for a job elsewhere (particularly at a higher position club)?

Wouldn't he be wise to ensure that the terms of his current employment were verified first?

Hence his silence on the matter til today. He's obviously now got the contract certainty that he wants.

Can't blame the man for a bit of silence in this context surely? If he had said anything it would have been a bit embarrassing for MM.

Sorry to say BN, but I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here.

My guess is that Megson was and is Bolton's bottom line candidate - i.e. they wanted someone better but are prepared to take him on.

I would also guess that neither Uncle Milan nor Megson were in a rush to seal a contract given the way that Megson has been made somewhat unwelcome at Leicester.

However, I may be wrong and get a huge surprise when Megson is still in charge next Saturday....but somehow I don't think so. Most importantly for me, I don't care much either cos we are hardly standing to lose a top bloke.

dowie's odds have shortened to circa 6-1 with the bookies...megson still favourite (2-1) with a lot of the money going his way...for what the odds are worth its a three horse race with Coleman circa 8-1 as a possible...

no definitive statement from Megson as yet...the Gerry Taggart connection with Bolton and the generally piss poor choice of quality candidates out there there would suggest he's on his way...

wouldn't it be good to concentrate on what's happening on the pitch for a change?....hang on...there doesn't seem to be much happening there either...with all this going on why am I bored off my tits with the whole thing...

I notice that in the Rivals feature, that the author claims that there is a contradiction between Uncle Milan's claim that Megson is contracted and the BBC's assertion that he hasn't signed a contract.

I don't think there is a contradiction.

Milan could easily claim that he has a verbal agreement with Megson that is effectively contractually binding. However, I think it was Sam Goldwyn who said " Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are written on!".

dowie's odds have shortened to circa 6-1 with the bookies...megson still favourite (2-1) with a lot of the money going his way...for what the odds are worth its a three horse race with Coleman circa 8-1 as a possible...

no definitive statement from Megson as yet...the Gerry Taggart connection with Bolton and the generally piss poor choice of quality candidates out there there would suggest he's on his way...

wouldn't it be good to concentrate on what's happening on the pitch for a change?....hang on...there doesn't seem to be much happening there either...with all this going on why am I bored off my tits with the whole thing...

Apart from his interview in the Mercury where he states quite clearly that he is not going anywhere..........

Anyone managed to open the megson story on bbc yet, im still gettin an error. If so, whats the jist (besides the obvious). Source/reason/evidence

I reckon get tonights game out of the way and then Megson will be a goner, either he won't be at the match tonight or tonight will be his last game in charge with an agreement he can leave after tonight.

Last edited:
Anyone managed to open the megson story on bbc yet, im still gettin an error. If so, whats the jist (besides the obvious). Source/reason/evidence

For you.....

Bolton want Megson as new manager

_44112586_megson203.jpg
Megson is a hard taskmaster

Leicester manager Gary Megson is the front-runner to become the new Bolton manager, BBC Sport understands.
Graeme Souness was interviewed for the post last week but Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has confirmed the Scot is not interested in succeeding Sammy Lee.
Now Gartside looks set to turn to Megson and he is believed to be prepared to pay £300,000 to get him.
Bolton are understood to want to make an appointment before Sunday's Premier League match against Aston Villa.
Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric has already warned Bolton off Megson but the 48-year-old has yet to sign a contract at Leicester since taking the reins last month.
And Bolton, who are bottom of the Premier League, are willing to pay compensation to prise him away from the Walkers Stadium.
o.gif

Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role

Gartside on Souness

They have been searching for a new boss since sacking Lee on 17 October and placing Archie Knox in temporary charge.
Gartside revealed on Tuesday that former Rangers, Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle manager Souness would not be the man to take over at the Reebok Stadium.
He said: "Graeme Souness was a candidate on our target list and he has now decided to remove himself from the interview process.
"Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role.
"However, I respect Graeme's decision to pull out of the process and I wish him well for the future."
Gartside has also been thwarted in his efforts to assess two other candidates, having been refused permission to talk to Birmingham boss Steve Bruce and Real Sociedad coach Chris Coleman.
Former Fulham boss Coleman joined the Spanish second division side in the summer and they are keen to keep hold of him. "He has a three-year contract with us and he is the coach who we are placing our confidence in for that period," Sociedad sporting director Salva Iriarte said. "He's happy here, committed to the project and keen to carry on. I've no doubt that he will be our coach for the next three years."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669