Bradford reach Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was rubbish, what we need are more Chelsea vs Liverpool finals, those are great and really paint the competition in a good light whilst ensuring none of these pesky little clubs get money or ideas above their station.

:icon_bigg

It was rubbish, what we need are more Chelsea vs Liverpool finals, those are great and really paint the competition in a good light whilst ensuring none of these pesky little clubs get money or ideas above their station.

I watched the game because it interested me far more than an all Premier League game ever would. I thought it was really good that the final had been shaken up a bit.

Having said that I thought Bradford really did disappoint, they didn't even have any intention of having a go at any point in the game. They lost heavily despite their entire attitude being aimed at stopping them scoring. I'm quite sure their fans would have preferred to get totally hammered and at least show everyone they were going to have a go, they didn't even have a shot until 80 odd minutes :)

I just felt a bit disappointed for the Bradford fans who had not one moment of excitement in the entire game.

Oh and before someone makes the point, I do realise you are not being serious.

Last edited:
I thought the game was alright! Disappointing that Bradford didn't put up more of a fight, but I like watching Swansea play. They play some good stuff, so I enjoyed seeing that.

I know as a neutral you're meant to back the minnows, but I was actually glad to see Swansea win. Deserve their place in Europe.

I watched the game because it interested me far more than an all Premier League game ever would. I thought it was really good that the final had been shaken up a bit.

Having said that I thought Bradford really did disappoint, they didn't even have any intention of having a go at any point in the game. They lost heavily despite their entire attitude being aimed at stopping them scoring. I'm quite sure their fans would have preferred to get totally hammered and at least show everyone they were going to have a go, they didn't even have a shot until 80 odd minutes :)

I just felt a bit disappointed for the Bradford fans who had not one moment of excitement in the entire game.

Oh and before someone makes the point, I do realise you are not being serious.

A lot of their fans seem to think the opposite. The seem to be saying that they were far too open against a team like Swansea and should have set up to defend. It struck me as like that, but they were just shit at attacking and just left huge holes. Either way, they were poor. Still more entertaining, as you said, though.

"Why are we doing this? Why do we spend gobs and gobs of money on ex-players and ex-coaches who can't ****ing talk?"

Why can't we have some token educated, witty wordsmiths? I don't care if Will Self loves or loathes football - get him on everything.

A lot of their fans seem to think the opposite. The seem to be saying that they were far too open against a team like Swansea and should have set up to defend. It struck me as like that, but they were just shit at attacking and just left huge holes. Either way, they were poor. Still more entertaining, as you said, though.

Bradford were too sentimental. It was the same team as the semi-final as Parkinson felt they were deserving of playing at Wembley.

There was no way they should have played 4-4-2. Five in midfield and keep the tall lad upfront. There was very little gameplan. Swansea fielded Ki at centre-back; why they never put high balls on him with Hanson attacking him. They could have played Rugby terriority tactics as opposed to giving Swansea so much respect.

However, the biggest telling factor was the first five minutes. Swansea kept the ball, Bradford couldn't keep possession and they were like rabbits in the headlights. If they got a foothold in the first ten to fifteen minutes and didn't allow Swansea the time to play, then maybe then Swansea might start to make mistakes./

Why can't we have some token educated, witty wordsmiths? I don't care if Will Self loves or loathes football - get him on everything.

Will Self catatonic and dribbling from the effects of skag would always be more interesting and entertaining than Alan She-Ra could ever hope to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669