Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which case, why let it get any worse?

Unless the owners have an excellent plan b in place, which I just can't see at the moment, the issue we have isn't easily solved by a new manager.

There could be immediate technical improvements from a change but the complete collapse of confidence won't disappear easily.

BR has proved himself to be a good manager that the players respect and listen to. That may or may not be finished now, who knows? I fear that the players have lost belief in him but I'd still give it another month before acting.

Listen, I'm a big fan of sacking useless managers. I typically advocate it very early on in a decline. I'm not there this time and that's because this isn't as simple a one as you make it out to be.

Unless the owners have an excellent plan b in place, which I just can't see at the moment, the issue we have isn't easily solved by a new manager.

There could be immediate technical improvements from a change but the complete collapse of confidence won't disappear easily.

BR has proved himself to be a good manager that the players respect and listen to. That may or may not be finished now, who knows? I fear that the players have lost belief in him but I'd still give it another month before acting.

Listen, I'm a big fan of sacking useless managers. I typically advocate it very early on in a decline. I'm not there this time and that's because this isn't as simple a one as you make it out to be.
If you’ve lost faith in Brendan and you expect it to get worse, I’m surprised you’re advocating letting it happen before taking action, by which time the season is a lost cause.

If you’re confident he can turn it around, then that’s a different story.

If you’ve lost faith in Brendan and you expect it to get worse, I’m surprised you’re advocating letting it happen before taking action, by which time the season is a lost cause.

If you’re confident he can turn it around, then that’s a different story.
It's the hope that kills yer.

Well, in fairness, Joe_ didn’t use the word reactionary, he used reactional.

Reactionary would be the wrong word to use; it refers to extreme conservatism and has nothing to do with ‘reacting to events’.

Reactional is also wrong, but that’s because Joe_ is a div.

Reactive is the correct word.

What a load of reactional old tripe.

If this poll is kept open - it will be interesting to see if % changes from before and after Newcastle game.

If this poll is kept open - it will be interesting to see if % changes from before and after Newcastle game.

I think it should be....I've currently voted for him to go but there's changes he could make that could make me change my mind. Radical things like trying to defend corners and not playing Bertrand or Lookman.

State of poll at midday on Friday - the day after the Napoli debacle:

1639138847379.png

I don't want him gone.

I think we're in a bit of a rot, and as much as people make a joke of it at the minute, a lot of that does stem from our defensive injuries. Not only Justin and Fofana still being out, but the rolling impact of the injuries we had earlier in the season and constant changes needed because of that.

The last couple of games have made abundantly clear what's been there throughout the season - we're so defensively frail, that it's destroying confidence across the team. You could see it against Villa - we were clearly the better side in the first half and could've scored a few, but then as soon as we conceded it was a completely different game - heads dropped, confidence was gone and we looked shaky.

Rodgers has to improve things - our defending from corners is a joke and the way it continues is a huge failing on his part. And it's also his job to rebuild the players' confidence and get us defending better again. Definitely his job, but a big ask until we have more/better defensive cover. Bertrand and Vestegaard have been huge flops, which hasn't helped (albeit also unsurprising) - but I'm never really sure how much you can blame a manager for that in the way clubs manage transfers these days, it's never clear how much say the manager has had in that.

Rodgers definitely needs to improve, he definitely has things to answer for. I agree with BN's concern that Rodgers hasn't got a great history of turning it around. But - I also can't forget what he's done for us over the last couple of seasons. Two 5th place finishes (amazing performance, despite being so frustrating how we missed out on 4th) and an FA Cup win. And I also can't see who comes in that's an immediate, obvious and long term improvement on Brendan...

Someone might give us a new manager bounce sure, but if Brendan can get through this tough patch (big if), then I'd back him to help us achieve more and have us at a higher level than any likely replacement.

Things need to improve, but he deserves longer for now IMO.

I'd definitely like to see a defensive coach or psychologist added as a sign of him trying to address the issues though.

I'm sure Brodgers doesn't like what's happening (almost) as much as us.
I think he has to show more honesty, but he is a manager - he says what he wants to say, even if he thinks differently.

I don't want him gone.

I think we're in a bit of a rot, and as much as people make a joke of it at the minute, a lot of that does stem from our defensive injuries. Not only Justin and Fofana still being out, but the rolling impact of the injuries we had earlier in the season and constant changes needed because of that.

The last couple of games have made abundantly clear what's been there throughout the season - we're so defensively frail, that it's destroying confidence across the team. You could see it against Villa - we were clearly the better side in the first half and could've scored a few, but then as soon as we conceded it was a completely different game - heads dropped, confidence was gone and we looked shaky.

Rodgers has to improve things - our defending from corners is a joke and the way it continues is a huge failing on his part. And it's also his job to rebuild the players' confidence and get us defending better again. Definitely his job, but a big ask until we have more/better defensive cover. Bertrand and Vestegaard have been huge flops, which hasn't helped (albeit also unsurprising) - but I'm never really sure how much you can blame a manager for that in the way clubs manage transfers these days, it's never clear how much say the manager has had in that.

Rodgers definitely needs to improve, he definitely has things to answer for. I agree with BN's concern that Rodgers hasn't got a great history of turning it around. But - I also can't forget what he's done for us over the last couple of seasons. Two 5th place finishes (amazing performance, despite being so frustrating how we missed out on 4th) and an FA Cup win. And I also can't see who comes in that's an immediate, obvious and long term improvement on Brendan...

Someone might give us a new manager bounce sure, but if Brendan can get through this tough patch (big if), then I'd back him to help us achieve more and have us at a higher level than any likely replacement.

Things need to improve, but he deserves longer for now IMO.

I'd definitely like to see a defensive coach or psychologist added as a sign of him trying to address the issues though.
Graz you have probably articulated very well how I feel. It’s not good enough, it’s his job to sort it out, but I’m not there yet in terms of wanting him out. As others have stated we’re not at the level we were pre Claudio/Puel sackings. A couple of clean sheets and technical improvements could radically change our trajectory. But I know I’m banking on hope rather than evidence at this stage.

And I know it’s definitely not a reason to keep him, but I would really hate the fact we’d got rid of both managers who got us the two big trophies within a year. That’ll stick with us.

Gosh, I didn't realise football was so simple. Get rid of Rodgers, a new manager comes in; he gets 'new manager bounce'; he's a hero... he loses a couple of games and it's , "New man out!!!"

A few months ago this forum was annoyed that Leicester weren't considered one of the 'top 6', the big clubs. Is sacking the manager the first thing any of those clubs does when there is an explainable slump? Only Manchester United have a ready trigger finger, and apart from an enormous fan base keeping them topped up financially, how has that worked out?

Finally, can anyone name a manager of anywhere near Rodgers calibre who is likely to take the job?

For me it's simply a case of how much committment / backing he still has from the players.

At the moment he looks like he has lost or is losing the players, emphasised by the poor form and effort of the experienced 'big' players in the squad. We have more than enough quality and experience on the pitch to be far better than we are.

Look at the spine of the team; Schmeichel, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy, quality players who are either not bothered at the moment or doing a damn good job of looking like they are.

I have gone from the 'in' to the undecided camp over the last month. By January I expect to have firmed up my position one way or the other.

Whilst I agree that Justin and Fofana would improve our defence, we shouldnt lose sight of the woeful performances of those that are currently playing.

In Rodgers first full season in charge our defensive structure was built around Schmeichel, Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell and Ndidi and played well conceding on average about 1 goal a game.

Most of the above are still playing regularly however they are well below what they are capable of and conceding nearly 2 goals a game.

I also fail to see why the manager should take all the blame. Quite simply, the players we relied on in the past are just coasting, as if the recent successes have made them complacent and self-satisfied. Some seem to have a shrug of the shoulders attitude as if it doesn't matter.

I also fail to see why the manager should take all the blame. Quite simply, the players we relied on in the past are just coasting, as if the recent successes have made them complacent and self-satisfied. Some seem to have a shrug of the shoulders attitude as if it doesn't matter.

Exactly the same was happening when we booted Claudio out the door

The shrugging of the shoulders could be a confusion about what they’re supposed to be doing.

Whether they’ve downed tools or they don’t know what they’re doing, whichever it is, it will result in one outcome.

I'll be giving the useless wankers as much stick as BR on Sunday.

They deserve it, the ****ing wimps

We were shite at defending and scoring from set pieces last season too - it's just we've become that much worse at defending them with Fofana out and Soyuncu forgetting how to play. These are deep rooted problems with the team that Rodgers is incapable of fixing and now he's lost the dressing room too. We'll always appreciate the FA Cup win but it's time for him to go and it won't be as sad as seeing Claudio go as he's far less likeable on a personal level (not to mention he's taking a massive salary from the club). Our respect for him comes purely from results.

Moan about it all you want but the sad reality is that this is how modern football management works. A manager becomes stale and starts pissing off the players, and thus he must be told to **** off. It's true that there are issues with the club that go deeper than the manager, but step one is a fresh start with a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263