Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
it won't be as sad as seeing Claudio go as he's far less likeable on a personal level (not to mention he's taking a massive salary from the club). Our respect for him comes purely from results.

I was thinking about that earlier. There's just never been the love for Ted from the majority has there? I include myself in that....even Pea Son split opinions at times but I never felt like the fan base just saw him as a man doing a job and nothing more. With Rodgers it's very much like that.

For me it's that I've always had the feeling we are his stepping stone. Not necessarily a bad thing if he's had success with us but hard to get invested in him when you sense he's always got an eye on the door. Also I find his interviews fairly dull and uninteresting. Not as bad as Puel but I always felt I got something out of a Pearson or Claudio interview.

This is a fascinating poll and I'd expect it's reflective of the wider supporter view.

Approx. one third for each option. Do you think that BR realises quite how critical the next few games are for him?

I'd love to see him sit down with a good journalist and be open with them about what's going on. Part of the problem is that we don't really know what he knows and what his plans are. He only talks media soundbites and banal rubbish. He needs to engage with fans properly.

This is a fascinating poll and I'd expect it's reflective of the wider supporter view.

Approx. one third for each option. Do you think that BR realises quite how critical the next few games are for him?

I'd love to see him sit down with a good journalist and be open with them about what's going on. Part of the problem is that we don't really know what he knows and what his plans are. He only talks media soundbites and banal rubbish. He needs to engage with fans properly.

He doesn't know, he's too arrogant and stuburn.

He will never give you the interview you describe. He's a walking talking soundbite.

Still can’t fathom why we signed 50% of Southampton’s defence like it was a ****ing upgrade :icon lol:
I thought Bertrand was a good signing, at the time. We had lost Fuchs; Justin would be out until, at least, Christmas and Thomas is a youngster who shouldn't be over played. A free transfer left back of Premier League status was a good move. Similarly, Vestergaard was a replacement for Morgan; not a regular starter, but useful when a big defender is required to see out a match.

Our problems come from the loss of Fofana and Evans plus the unbelievable collapse of form from Soyuncu. I didn't predict any of these occurrences, if anybody on this site can honestly say that they did, then, they are a better man than me - and Brendan Rodgers!

I thought Bertrand was a good signing, at the time. We had lost Fuchs; Justin would be out until, at least, Christmas and Thomas is a youngster who shouldn't be over played. A free transfer left back of Premier League status was a good move. Similarly, Vestergaard was a replacement for Morgan; not a regular starter, but useful when a big defender is required to see out a match.

Our problems come from the loss of Fofana and Evans plus the unbelievable collapse of form from Soyuncu. I didn't predict any of these occurrences, if anybody on this site can honestly say that they did, then, they are a better man than me - and Brendan Rodgers!

I must admit the same about Bertrand. I wasn't excited about him, but understood the need. He actually started ok. But has been shocking since he had COVID.

Vestergaard I never understood. Completely away from our model of recruiting. And a complete panic signing based on Fofana being injuried.

Bertrand was a ridiculous signing. A completely stupid error of judgement that anyone could see was totally unnecessary. I completely get the Vestergaard signing, he had been fantastic for Southampton in the preceeding months. I still think he's a perfectly capable defender and, for as awful as he has been in a few games, I have seen much, much worse from Soyuncu and equal amounts of shit from Evans.

I'd have Vestergaard in today if he's fit, without any shadow of a doubt over Soyuncu. I'd have Amartey in over all of them and I never, ever thought I would be typing that.

I think it is fair to say that our signings have been less than worthwhile but when you look at the logic behind them I can see why many were made. Soumare has been dreadful but he was a pivotal part of a fantastic team in the French top flight the previous year. He was getting plaudits from all quarters and we made the move to sign him. Daka looks okay and, again, had been especially good the previous two seasons. Vestergaard had had an excellent season at Southampton on the whole. I made reference to him early on last season and how I thought he would be a really good signing for us. None of them have been great, some ****ing awful, but I see the logic behind all of these and can't criticise the decision to take the plunge on them. The signing of Bertrand was ****ing lunacy from the off. The signing of Lookman was a punt that hasn't paid off but its a loan and we can ship him back.

For me, it's not so much the signings we made but the ones we didn't. We should have been all over Tarkowski who is a great defender or Dunk who's equally as good. We clearly needed a right winger, just as we had done for the previous 2 seasons but we ****ed that off again. That is where the incompetence really lies.

I don't get calling out Soyuncu. He has been poor but they all have. Evans has been no better.

The problem isn't individuals. It's poor organisation and a collapse of confidence.
Watch the games back. You'll get it then. I agree Evans has been shite as well. That's what makes calling out Vestergaard so much completely nonsensical.

An hour to go before the Newcastle game kicks off. Another 20-odd votes have been cast. Some may have changed their minds since Friday. The undecided figure stays about the same but fewer think he should get the push and more think he should stay (for now?)

1639314544684.png

I think it should be....I've currently voted for him to go but there's changes he could make that could make me change my mind. Radical things like trying to defend corners and not playing Bertrand or Lookman.

Genuinely thought today would change my mind. It hasn't. Stupid shit like almost scoring an own goal from a corner and having to play Soumare are tippping the balance today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566