Brexit

But crucially, the outcome of Brexit, good or bad, is not yet a fact.

So the ONS say the economic damage of Brexit is equal to that of the pandemic

Is this "just an opinion" in a multitude of equally valid opinions?

So the ONS say the economic damage of Brexit is equal to that of the pandemic

Is this "just an opinion" in a multitude of equally valid opinions?

Most people’s Brexit voting intentions were not driven purely by economics, or give a rats ass what the ONS say

I’m sure some of them still view the outcome as being successful, or likely to be successful in the longer term

I don’t for a single second think that they are in any way right, but I also don’t pass off their point of view as simply being a product of being dumb as ****

Most people’s Brexit voting intentions were not driven purely by economics, or give a rats ass what the ONS say

I wasn't assessing voter intentions, but trying to establish the objective success/failure of Brexit

That just proves the dumb statement to be true though.
No, it doesn't. If anything it proves that it's not a good idea to use terms like "dumb as ****" about people you want on your side. The referendum was won and lost by the narrowest of margins; perhaps the self-appointed "bright and well informed" were too dumb to realise that they were scoring an own goal and even now too dumb to admit it.

No, it doesn't. If anything it proves that it's not a good idea to use terms like "dumb as ****" about people you want on your side. The referendum was won and lost by the narrowest of margins; perhaps the self-appointed "bright and well informed" were too dumb to realise that they were scoring an own goal and even now too dumb to admit it.

Where are you getting "self-appointed bright and well informed" quoted from?

Scoring an own goal by doing what?

It's not a good idea to use terms like "dumb as ****" about people you want on your side

Who said it was a good idea if you wanted people on your side?

the EU....does not go to war, it's a trading bloc
The EEC might have been but the EU certainly isn't. Where did you get that idea from?

The EEC might have been but the EU certainly isn't. Where did you get that idea from?

The EU isn't a trading bloc?

This is a new one on me

Do you mean that the EEA is the trading bloc?

If so, congrats, the hair is split

Where are you getting "self-appointed bright and well informed" quoted from?
I used the term 'bright and well informed' in an earlier post and quoted it in my second. The term 'self-appointed' is not quoted from anywhere; it is opinion.
an own goal by doing what?
Do I really have to explain?
Who said it was a good idea if you wanted people on your side?
I'm not sure that anybody did. I'm suggesting that it's a very bad idea and should have been understood to be so.

I used the term 'bright and well informed' in an earlier post and quoted it in my second. The term 'self-appointed' is not quoted from anywhere; it is opinion.

Do I really have to explain?

Please do, i'm lost

You seem to be saying that the self appointed bright people (whoever they are) scored an own goal by calling people thick (was this in the referendum in 2016?) if they want the other people to change their minds (if they did want them to change their minds) ?

The EU isn't a trading bloc?

This is a new one on me

Do you mean that the EEA is the trading bloc?

If so, congrats, the hair is split
The EU is much more than a trading bloc and has even greater ambitions. The EU is a trading and political union. It was the political union that the electorate didn't fancy.

You seem to be saying that the self appointed bright people (whoever they are) scored an own goal by calling people thick (was this in the referendum in 2016?)
Yes. It was exactly then. I judge that it was this that made the difference in the result of the referendum. And further, the failure to recognise this and to continue to label such people a "dumb as ****" is hardly likely to help their cause.

The EU is much more than a trading bloc and has even greater ambitions. The EU is a trading and political union. It was the political union that the electorate didn't fancy.

And you think this trading/political union, the EU, is going to go to war? With its army?

Yes. It was exactly then. I judge that it was this that made the difference in the result of the referendum. And further, the failure to recognise this and to continue to label such people a "dumb as ****" is hardly likely to help their cause.

Any examples of this? Can't remember it being a thing

And you think this trading/political union, the EU, is going to go to war? With its army?
My comment was a response to your assertion that the EU was a trading bloc.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663