Brexit

Thick people shouldn’t be allowed to vote
Or poor people, who are usually thick anyway, let’s be honest
And probably old people
And people who read the Daily Mail
And women, obviously

Should only be those people who are judged to be clever enough to have an opinion, by those who are obviously more clevererer than most (in their own opinion)

Not sure who on the left was accusing the electorate as dumb as ****?

As for me accusing people who hold different opinions as dumb... well, there are objective truths out there you know

If you believe the earth is flat, yes, you are dumb, sorry, your opinion is not as true as....the right one

If you believe in God, yeah, that's also not true

There is a correlation between intelligence and opinions that have a basis in reality

If you think Brexit was (or if any are left... still is) a good idea, this is something in direct contraction of the facts

Opinions against facts = dumber

If you want, conduct a study and ask people something that has no basis in reality.... like "do you believe in fairies?" and then test them for IQ

Not disagreeing, just identifying that persuading people your viewpoint is right needs to be a bit more subtle than "You are dumb as ****, I am right, you should have the same opinion as me"

In response to your first question - really quite a lot of people, but that's for another time.

I actually hear that a lot from working class Tories

Yeah well Rees Mogg, he probably deserves the money, worked hard

WTAF, no he didn't

The other day I was going through the comments section on an article about some Brexit-related disaster or other, and the strongest defence of Brexit I could see (repeatedly) was “u lost get over it lol triggered remoaners lmao”, and I have to say this really cleared things up.

and i didn't quite say that... but i would certainly argue that referenda aren't really best left to the electorate

we elect MPs, let them vote on it

if there were a referendum for vaccines, the morons might win

And probably old people
And people who read the Daily Mail
And women, obviously

Should only be those people who are judged to be clever enough to have an opinion, by those who are obviously more clevererer than most (in their own opinion)
Ahh the classic highly interlectual strawman argument...

I had enough turkey at Christmas ta.

if there were a referendum for vaccines, the morons might win
This is a big problem in the world people that don't respect others opinions, just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion it doesn't make them "Dumb as ****" or a "Moron"
People vote for things for lots of different reasons and that should be respected, perhaps DV should move to China where the state has the only opinion.

This is a big problem in the world people that don't respect others opinions, just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion it doesn't make them "Dumb as ****" or a "Moron"
People vote for things for lots of different reasons and that should be respected, perhaps DV should move to China where the state has the only opinion.

I think there's more of a problem that people think opinions should be respected, even when wrong, because they are...you know precious opinions

If you believe the Earth is flat, you ARE a moron

If a flat Earther is offended by this, boo hoo

It's not that I am calling names to people whose opinions differ, I am calling out people whose opinions are wrong

I think there's more of a problem that people think opinions should be respected, even when wrong, because they are...you know precious opinions

It's not that I am calling names to people whose opinions differ, I am calling out people whose opinions are wrong
Gets right on my tits it does. The world is full of people being loudly, dangerously wrong about things and saying “OPINION” as if that magically unstupids everything they just said.

Some people are thick as all **** and playing nice with them and their thick as all **** ideas doesn’t help anyone or make them right. They’ll just continue to be thick as all ****.

Also, I wasnt calling people out for being thick because they voted differently to me

I was saying that before 2016, the general populus (me included) was pretty ignorant of international trade, customs unions, the single market and how trade affects our country and being in the EU affects our country

And such, ill equipped to make decisions on the long-term economic future of the country and being in the EU or not

Also, I wasnt calling people out for being thick because they voted differently to me

I was saying that before 2016, the general populus (me included) was pretty ignorant of international trade, customs unions, the single market and how trade affects our country and being in the EU affects our country

And such, ill equipped to make decisions on the long-term economic future of the country and being in the EU or not
But now you're an expert?

I'll spell it out, he's a right wing twat, and for some reason you've been very easily fooled into thinking otherwise

Crickey, that's a strong view. Would be great to see it backed up by some kind of evidence beyond your statement of him being a right wing twat.

I guess you're probably of the opinion that because he served in the Blair government, he must be a Tory in disguise.

When the UK Left wakes up and realises that most western democracies are in the centre, and probably slightly centre right in their views, then perhaps they might be able to win another election and effect change to people's lives.

Instead, plenty, and particularly the fanatical JC supporters (who believe he could do no wrong - in much the same way fanatical Trump supporters think the election was stolen from him) would rather argue and abuse on twitter and elsewhere. Meanwhile right wing governments keep on winning elections, keep on implementing right wing policies and so it goes on.

But now you're an expert?
Nowhere near, but my understanding is greatly increased. Thanks for asking about my personal journey of learning

I don't see how having a vote on a subject where the results were very even that one group is then derided as being "Dumb as ****" is really correct, it's just your opinion that they are Dumb as ****, perhaps everyone that abstained from voting are Dumber.

Your calling out people who's opinions are wrong?? How do you know those opinions are wrong, perhaps they are all better of personally and so there opinions to them are correct, just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are wrong. It just means you are a sore loser, bet you throw the Monopoly board on the floor when you knew you were going to lose

How do i know the Earth isn't flat?

Fair point.... you got me

You've demonstrated the exact opposite point you're trying to make there. The earth being round is a provable fact.

The outcome of Brexit is not, despite what you may think, a fact. It'll take decades to determine the outcome, benefits and drawbacks. Right now, it's a spin of the roulette wheel and depending on your view, the ball has either already landed or has just been spun.

But crucially, the outcome of Brexit, good or bad, is not yet a fact.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663