Brexit

Glad it isn’t negatively effecting some people.

I don’t know who or what it’s had a positive effect on but that was never the point was it?

Glad it isn’t negatively effecting some people.

I don’t know who or what it’s had a positive effect on but that was never the point was it?
My eldest Daughter whom is at Uni has a part time job at McDonald's, she has a guaranteed 8 hours a week with holiday pay and pension contributions, her hourly rate is £10:18 she picks her shifts around her lectures and study so it's perfect for her.
Before Brexit she worked at the local McDonald's on a zero hour contract with no holiday pay and no pension contributions her hourly rate was £6:95 she also had no choice in the shifts she worked.
McDonald's like many other companies used the free movement within the EU to exploit wages and T&C as there was a steady stream of people willing to accept crap pay and any conditions.

I personally got a pay rise of over 25% to stop me relocating to Rotterdam.
The indigenous people that were having wages and conditions suppressed suddenly had a voice when the foreign labour left, the huge multinational companies that employ thousands of manual workers all of a sudden had a smaller pool of labour to choose from so had to up their game to carry on trading.

Brexit is in its very early days and having a pandemic along with a war has masked the effects of it.

I personally believe that in time Brexit will make the UK a much better place to live and work in, wages will rise along with better T&C workers especially manual workers will have a much better standard of living lifting them out of universal credit which benefits all tax payers.

There are millions of people in the UK that have benefited directly from Brexit and I have pointed out 2 in my household alone that have had a positive effect from Brexit.
No doubt somebody will post a story from the Guardian with statistics on the negative effects of Brexit and how M&S can't sell meat sandwiches in NI and that's why we should of remained blah blah blah.

Anyway Brexit for my household has been fantastic so far.

I'll go and put my tin hat on and wait for the responses.

My eldest Daughter whom is at Uni has a part time job at McDonald's, she has a guaranteed 8 hours a week with holiday pay and pension contributions, her hourly rate is £10:18 she picks her shifts around her lectures and study so it's perfect for her.
Before Brexit she worked at the local McDonald's on a zero hour contract with no holiday pay and no pension contributions her hourly rate was £6:95 she also had no choice in the shifts she worked.
McDonald's like many other companies used the free movement within the EU to exploit wages and T&C as there was a steady stream of people willing to accept crap pay and any conditions.

I personally got a pay rise of over 25% to stop me relocating to Rotterdam.
The indigenous people that were having wages and conditions suppressed suddenly had a voice when the foreign labour left, the huge multinational companies that employ thousands of manual workers all of a sudden had a smaller pool of labour to choose from so had to up their game to carry on trading.

Brexit is in its very early days and having a pandemic along with a war has masked the effects of it.

I personally believe that in time Brexit will make the UK a much better place to live and work in, wages will rise along with better T&C workers especially manual workers will have a much better standard of living lifting them out of universal credit which benefits all tax payers.

There are millions of people in the UK that have benefited directly from Brexit and I have pointed out 2 in my household alone that have had a positive effect from Brexit.
No doubt somebody will post a story from the Guardian with statistics on the negative effects of Brexit and how M&S can't sell meat sandwiches in NI and that's why we should of remained blah blah blah.

Anyway Brexit for my household has been fantastic so far.

I'll go and put my tin hat on and wait for the responses.
Zero hour contracts are still roughly at pre Brexit levels and McDonalds offered to move staff off zero hours contracts three years before Brexit was finalised.

Sort of feels like you’re trying to retro-fit you’re own anecdotal evidence to credit Brexit.

If we’re talking anecdotal evidence it’s caused me and many people I know socially and through work a massive amount of extra work and headaches as well as increased costs.

In terms of statistical evidence, well I can only hope that improves. For now it’s been proven to be utterly pointless at best. Time will tell, a change of government is needed first.

Zero hour contracts are still roughly at pre Brexit levels and McDonalds offered to move staff off zero hours contracts three years before Brexit was finalised.

Sort of feels like you’re trying to retro-fit you’re own anecdotal evidence to credit Brexit.

If we’re talking anecdotal evidence it’s caused me and many people I know socially and through work a massive amount of extra work and headaches as well as increased costs.

In terms of statistical evidence, well I can only hope that improves. For now it’s been proven to be utterly pointless at best. Time will tell, a change of government is needed first.
Your.

Daft ****.

On a separate point, as a lefty libtard remainer, we need to stop calling Brexit a racist endeavour or telling people that they were lied to or that they didn’t understand what they were voting for.

This ****ing bullshit culture war in our media is getting out of control and we stop providing grist to the mill. Look at the state of the front page of The S*n today. People actually buy this shit.

My mum rolled her eyes as she told me that it’s called ‘Chestfeeding’ not Breastfeeding anymore, you know, to not upset the pronoun police. I’ve sat through hours of workshops with my pregnant wife in the last few months and it hasn’t come up once.

I don't mind them. It's the beaker folk I can't stand. Coming over here with their drinking vessels.
What’s wrong with just cupping water in your hands?!

...I personally got a pay rise of over 25% to stop me relocating to Rotterdam.

Yes, my son-in-law changed job a couple of months ago and the loyalty package (for one year) included a humungous amount not to jump ship for the EU. I expect it will be baked in to his salary by the time he's open to offers again, whether in the UK or further afield, " For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance" to coin a phrase.

Yes, my son-in-law changed job a couple of months ago and the loyalty package (for one year) included a humungous amount not to jump ship for the EU. I expect it will be baked in to his salary by the time he's open to offers again, whether in the UK or further afield, " For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance" to coin a phrase.
I was offered a €50k bonus if I signed a contract to work for 24 months for one of our competitors in Rotterdam.

Directly after Brexit the McDonald's my Daughter was working at lost so many EU workers that they had to open on reduced hours with a reduced menu, within the month the pay had risen by £3 an hour with contracts being handed out rather than the zero hours they were previously operating on, they also paid a bonus of £250 to the employees if they recommend someone to work there, my Daughter got £500 from recommending 2x school friends.

I'm not trying to reto-fit anything I'm just stating what's happened in our family.

I'm sure it has caused plenty of industrys a headache with Brexit but I personally don't have any experience with that so can't comment.

By the way I voted Remain and its pure luck that its turned out very well for me and my family.

Directly after Brexit the McDonald's my Daughter was working at lost so many EU workers that they had to open on reduced hours with a reduced menu, within the month the pay had risen by £3 an hour with contracts being handed out rather than the zero hours they were previously operating on, they also paid a bonus of £250 to the employees if they recommend someone to work there, my Daughter got £500 from recommending 2x school friends.

How much of that cost was passed on to the customer?

My niece lost her job over Brexit. She worked in Athens and they were unwilling to employ people from non-EU countries.

How much of that cost was passed on to the customer?

My niece lost her job over Brexit. She worked in Athens and they were unwilling to employ people from non-EU countries.
I wouldn't no the cost but its just normal business practice to increase costs to the consumer when labour or other costs increase.
The prices to the consumers have risen in all countries worldwide, but alot of Remainers think its only the UK that is suffering from increasing rises as they like to blame Brexit for everything.

Like I've said Brexit has worked out well for me but unfortunately not so well for others.

I'm not trying to reto-fit anything I'm just stating what's happened in our family.

I'm sure it has caused plenty of industrys a headache with Brexit but I personally don't have any experience with that so can't comment.

By the way I voted Remain and its pure luck that its turned out very well for me and my family.
Labour shortages definitely always work out best for everyone. Immigration has been repeatedly proven as a negative thing for almost every economy.

Oh hang on, that’s not right…

On a separate point, as a lefty libtard remainer, we need to stop calling Brexit a racist endeavour or telling people that they were lied to or that they didn’t understand what they were voting for.

This ****ing bullshit culture war in our media is getting out of control and we stop providing grist to the mill. Look at the state of the front page of The S*n today. People actually buy this shit.

My mum rolled her eyes as she told me that it’s called ‘Chestfeeding’ not Breastfeeding anymore, you know, to not upset the pronoun police. I’ve sat through hours of workshops with my pregnant wife in the last few months and it hasn’t come up once.
Totally agree. Loads of people complaining about “cancelling” and “pronouns” and all that shit. I have never ever met someone, nor know anyone that has, insisted on specific pronouns and been mortally offended.

Journalists making up stories just to incite rage.

Totally agree. Loads of people complaining about “cancelling” and “pronouns” and all that shit. I have never ever met someone, nor know anyone that has, insisted on specific pronouns and been mortally offended.

Journalists making up stories just to incite rage.

Ooh, get her….

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463