Brexit

"the secretary's (actually receptionists) had their wage brought up to the minimum wage" implies that their salaries were below it, as far as I can see. If that's just in reference to the annual increase, then, as I said earlier, the percentage increase is below inflation and therefore a real terms pay cut
I'm not sure why your so hung up on the amount of the pay rise when it wasn't the point I originally made, I never said it was above or below inflation or it was caused by Brexit or a war or a pandemic, I only said my wife like yours also works for the NHS but she got a pay rise last month that was it, if it makes you feel better to keep harping on about something that wasn't relevant than you crack on sunshine.

Seems like the “oven ready” deal could be reneged and the UK would … er… break international law, thus starting a trade war with our biggest (and much bigger) trading partner

All at a time where Sinn Fein become the biggest party in NI, mainly because the DUP shot themselves in the foot

Seems like the “oven ready” deal could be reneged and the UK would … er… break international law, thus starting a trade war with our biggest (and much bigger) trading partner

All at a time where Sinn Fein become the biggest party in NI, mainly because the DUP shot themselves in the foot

Any report starting with the phrase "The European Union would likely move quickly" should prompt at least an eye roll if not hysterical laughter. Johnson will roll the dice in some form, and is banking on the necessary measures on serious retaliation being dependent on member states' agreement, again another eye roll.

1652942381866.png
Interesting breakdown from the BOE of inflation, Brexit plays a part (and surely has a hand in supply shortages, labour shortages and import prices)

Out of interest, what were they asking for that?
$5.50 which is about £4.40.

One of my brothers replied to me saying that he'd just bought the same stuff in Oslo and that Liz would be wetting her pants if she found out.

Blimey, that's a lot for mediocre cheese. Can you not get that Canadian unpasteurised goodstuff over there?

Not where I am, the only other Cheddar I can get is an Australian brand brand "Old Croc," occasionally I can get Kerrygold. They are all around the same price.

Quite a lot happening on the Brexit front...

Some of the Tories have realised that the economy is tanking (duh!)

And, one or two have even ventured to suggest that joining the single market would be a good idea (!)

(Mind you....Hannan, eeesh, what a nutter)

The Express is doing a poll to see if joining the single market would be a good idea.... so they are testing the water for a massive U turn, lining up the Mail/Express/Sun to suddenly say "Boris to install Brexit 2.0 , now with added single market to solve everything"

So there are more rejoining voices in the Tories than dull-from-the-top "don't mention the B word" Labour

The single market would solve the NI protocol, bin off Rees Mogg's daft stuff and er.... reintroduce freedom of movement.... which will rile up the "they terk our jerbs" brigade, but help alleviate staffing crises in healthcare, crop picking, airport staffing, truck driving etc

And, one or two have even ventured to suggest that joining the single market would be a good idea (!)

The Express is doing a poll to see if joining the single market would be a good idea.... so they are testing the water for a massive U turn, lining up the Mail/Express/Sun to suddenly say "Boris to install Brexit 2.0 , now with added single market to solve everything"

So there are more rejoining voices in the Tories than dull-from-the-top "don't mention the B word" Labour

The single market would solve the NI protocol, bin off Rees Mogg's daft stuff and er.... reintroduce freedom of movement.... which will rile up the "they terk our jerbs" brigade, but help alleviate staffing crises in healthcare, crop picking, airport staffing, truck driving etc
It's almost as if the people who talk about the jobs being taken don't actually want the jobs that are now available.

Can't be right surely?

I mean, who wouldn't jump at the chance to earn minimum wage & live in a caravan next to a spud field in Lincolnshire.

It's almost as if the people who talk about the jobs being taken don't actually want the jobs that are now available.

Can't be right surely?

I mean, who wouldn't jump at the chance to earn minimum wage & live in a caravan next to a spud field in Lincolnshire.
King Edward?

Can't be right surely?

I'm living in a boat next to a barley field in Nottinghamshire and don't get a penny for it. Tomorrow I might try a wooded copse.

If they can get us back in the single market, that must surely now be the solution?

Now that everyone has seen a country without freedom of movement (and therefore ****ed airports, trains and supply chains) perhaps there will be a little more appreciation for it.
I live in hope…

If they can get us back in the single market, that must surely now be the solution?

Now that everyone has seen a country without freedom of movement (and therefore ****ed airports, trains and supply chains) perhaps there will be a little more appreciation for it.
I live in hope…

Surely we've learned by now that pouring cheap labour into our country is a bad thing?

Isn't two generations of stagnant wage growth enough for you?

The answer is to reward people for doing unpopular jobs. There is a point at which every job is attractive.

Since the 1980s, we've funnelled kids through universities for mainly wanky jobs whilst simultaneously undermining meaningful occupations like caring and nursing and building.

Sorting this mess out will be very expensive and painful but it's the only way.

Surely we've learned by now that pouring cheap labour into our country is a bad thing?

The answer is to reward people for doing unpopular jobs. There is a point at which every job is attractive.

Since the 1980s, we've funnelled kids through universities for mainly wanky jobs whilst simultaneously undermining meaningful occupations like caring and nursing and building.

It would be nice if they set an example by raising wages for those in these meaningful jobs though. They talk a good game with regards to what they think private industry should do in order to pay staff properly and yet don’t follow that through for the staff that they’re responsible for paying.

Had this been addressed before the Brexit vote then we would still be in the EU, but while everyone was getting their cars cleaned and Coffees made nobody cared, now what was predictable has happened Tarquin and chardonnay are crying because nobody will load their baggage into a plane or serve them coffee at 3am.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4492
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4485
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463