Post Match Brighton 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that if after Xmas if we are still 10 points clear of 5th, Top, Susan and Jon will refuse all offers for any of our match day squad of 18 or so, to ensure qualification for the Champions League. Remember last time we earned about £80million from getting to the quarter final.

Remember last time we earned about £80million from getting to the quarter final.
We're unlikely to earn that much again. That was an unusual year, because the other English clubs did so badly. It meant we got a much bigger share of the TV money. We got 81 million euros.
The following season Liverpool got to the final, and received less than we did for getting to the quarter final.

Rob Tanner put it perfectly for me in a chat on The Athletic, Praet is perfect for a 442 midfield as he does a bit of everything, but he's not as good going forward as Tielemans and Maddison and isn't as good defensively as Wilf so unfortunately he has to sit on the bench

He is a very tidy player. For the twenty odd minutes he played, he tackled, tracked back, made forward passes, made side passes to ease the tempo, headed the ball and did a bit of everything in a very elegant way. He isn't as good a tackler as Wilf, but then less clumsy with the passes. He isn't as dynamic as Maddison, but he manages the game calmly and steadily. He is an exceptionally assuring player where one wouldn't worry about the team becoming weaker when he is subbed on. It's wonderful to have someone like that on the bench and I'm sure he will feature more as the fixtures get congested.

One thing I like about Praet, is his body movement when he has the ball. (Iangw!)
He feigns one way, then the other, almost “dancing” with the ball to throw the opponent off the scent.
I’ve not seen anyone else in our current squad do it so effectively.
Madders does it a bit, but not so rhythmically.

One thing I like about Praet, is his body movement when he has the ball. (Iangw!)
He feigns one way, then the other, almost “dancing” with the ball to throw the opponent off the scent.
I’ve not seen anyone else in our current squad do it so effectively.
Madders does it a bit, but not so rhythmically.

Aye he’s a nice player to watch. I’ve noticed he’s got a strange way of striking the ball too, he seems to whip his passes quite hard off his toe and really gets the tempo going when we move the ball from side to side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566