Post Match Brighton 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
they say that the crowd can act as the '12th man'. today Leicester's crowd was the ninth

I love this.

I love this more than strapping a tight twine around my balls and wanking to a picture of Dennis Skinner.

They didn't show anything did they?!! St Ledger's header first half was very close too..

Amazing.
Weren't Brighton the first place to allow tits on the beach.
I didnt realise they were the first to allow tits on a forum.

caskey said:
I'm not one to sign up on other teams forums but you lot have really got my back up.

You are nothing but a dirty/cheating team and a total disgrace to football. Thank god there was a proper ref out there who stamped down on your filthy tactics.

To beat you in the 90 minute and mostly likely ending your play off push is nothing short of satisfying and i had a massive smile on my face all the way home.

Your fans didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either today and so it was nice to see them all go home with nothing from the game.

Thanks for the points today. Premiership football for us ?

:038::038::038::038::038::038::038::038:

I'll take this at face value and assume you haven't done any other reading on this forum at all. Jeff is right, clearly, when he says the first part is untrue… because you just did.

Secondly please instead of berating 'armchair' and 'Internet' fans, perhaps give a reasoned account of how you saw beckford's red? Some of us didn't go because either a) we couldn't get a ticket, having sold out our away end… or b) cannot afford to travel to Brighton for a trip that isn't an essential part of anyone's life.

Clearly you believe beckford deserved to be sent off so obviously you know exactly what happened. Explain! And perhaps take note of other posters on this forum like rhydal or more recently Rich B who have been providing reasonable comment and do not support Leicester.

Don't just come on here to be a twat.

I'm not one to sign up on other teams forums but you lot have really got my back up.

You are nothing but a dirty/cheating team and a total disgrace to football. Thank god there was a proper ref out there who stamped down on your filthy tactics.

To beat you in the 90 minute and mostly likely ending your play off push is nothing short of satisfying and i had a massive smile on my face all the way home.

Your fans didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either today and so it was nice to see them all go home with nothing from the game.

I suppose Sparrows lunge on Ben Marshall was ok? As was the tackle from behind that forced Delfouneso off the pitch?

I love a supporter who sits there with his rose tinted spectacles on. If you seriously think you'll be playing Premiership football anytime soon, I'd nip and see your doctor as you're clearly ****ed in the head.

Last edited:
I suppose Sparrows lunge on Ben Marshall was ok? As was the tackle from behind that forced Delfouneso off the pitch?

I love a supporter who sits there with his rose tinted spectacles on. If you seriously think you'll be playing Premiership football anytime soon, I'd nip and see your doctor as you're clearly ****ed in the head.

It's ****ing comical really that accusation.

Sparrow and Bridcutt's challenges were worthy of reds (when Defounso was injured, the Brighton fans seemingly thought he was play acting!) Two defenders chopped down Dyer and Nugent during the game once they got near the 18 yard box. Finally, step forward Lewis Dunk....a 19 yr old kid who thinks he's a rock hard yet Beckford told him to get up and he rolled around like a twat. That sending off was typical of what kills football currently; the fans calling for blood, the lino who signalled a kick (watch the story change on that one) and play acting. For a fan of Poyet team to call another for being dirty is pot, kettle, black. Calling us deluded ain't far off but so are Brighton fans thinking they can catch top two....it took a clapped Spainard to get em going (can still cross a ball mind)'.

Gutted at the sending off because it's timing. The game was very nip and tuck but we seemed to begin to control the game. Drinkwater had a great chance yet squared it, should have blasted the ****er.

Really disappointed in the Brighton's new ground. Heard so many good things yet it's restrictive to get towards, unfinished and until the second half, atmosphere dead.

Good day bar that trip home. Roads were fine until the M1 on Leicestershire border. The highways staff must have been all pissed. A free for all, just stick to the tire tracks. Got stuck once in Leicester but thankfully no skids. So many pricks, undertaking, failing to indicate and breaking sharp.

I don't get all the negativity on here. Yes we lost but we were by no means awful. First half we were more than a match for brighton and contained them well, second we were on top til the sending off - which was a farce. Beckford didn't kick out he tapped dunk on the side.

Even after that brighton were hardly all over us and drinkwater wasted a good chance to possibly put us ahead. The team looked a lot more organised and worked hhard which is something we would not have seen under sven (also alex I thought ssl was superb at lb). If sven was there I'm convinced we would not have held out so long. There has been a definite improvement in recent weeks, we have been competitive in all our matches, its just the ref ****ed us over.

And a well done to hazz for getting us home because the M1 was a farce !

Also the form of lee peltier worries me - he seemed horribly out of position again for their goal

If Sven was here, we would have been 2 down at Ht. Season since Christmas has been about rebuilding. Squad is being shaped well in my opinion. Maybe a couple of bad eggs to flog however (Mills was very good yesterday mind).

Dyer was ****ing atrocious yesterday, you wouldn't think his place was under threat. Drinkwater looked in good nick but kept drifting inside. Peltier...where the **** was he on the goal?

Last edited:
Still feeling the afters of this game.When the goal went in my Dog put on her ear muffs as she knew what was coming next ,the wife was sat next to me on the couch and tried to Calm me down,in a way she had some joy,I look at the last two post above about the rebuilding and I have to say it eases my pain some what .... We need to show Cardiff our play-off push starts with them next week .

Peltier was quite far up the pitch for their goal as he was then a wing back and we were 'going for it' - the problem was when Brighton brought on Vicente we looked dreadfully exposed on the left.
I beePed (supportively) at a black MG with green stripes on the M25 yesterday eve, anyone know who that is?

Just a smokescreen for another failure in our dismal season.

Of course it is. Anyone able to read the league table will see we are level with Barnsley who never spend tuppence and the Palace who are seriously broke. The play offs went out of the window some time ago - we clung on to some bit of hope as some sort of potential far off target but this wasn't real and relied on us going on the sort of run of which we're not really capable and a host of other better placed teams nose diving in their chase of essentially one or two at best remaining play offf places.

Ultimately our results this season have been shocking in relation to the money spent and the hype from the local media. As NP says we are a work in progress but it will take time - that said I think we have the right manager to do the job.

I think you're confused. The team that kept flinging their feet above head height, the team who committed two straight-red challenges, the team who committed cynical tactical foul after cynical tactical foul, the team wearing blue and white striped shirts, was Brighton. That's why, when the lad in the blue and white striped shirt scored, it was announced as a Brighton goal.

Hope that clears things up.

Brighton have by far the worst disciplinary record in the league and we have the second worse.

Obviously the game showed why that is the case, it was the two dirtiest teams in the division playing each other. I think, unlike that Brighton fan though, we are not deluded about that and can quite clearly see we are a really dirty team and have some really dirty players on our team atm and several have been lambasted for their gamesmanship tactics and/or lack of discipline on here. The difference is the Brighton fan can't seem to see that Poyet has built the dirtiest, slimiest team in the country: a horrible bunch of Estudiantes-esque bruisers, hackers and cheats.

Last edited:
Yes things are going all arse up at the moment,but it seems that the harder we try the bigger the fall,but i believe that things have a habit ot turning themselves around ,i dont think we will get to the playoffs this season but im not going to give up on my team, manager, and staff,for heavens sake keep the faith,we can get there in the end .UP THE CITY.

Before this season started, I, like many got caught up in the hype.
Sven get's the elbow, Nigel returns, we get in the top 6 and everything is rosy.
Alas, we slink back to old ways and stroll to mid table, but then I glance over at the side of the webpage and look at the table....

Cov bottom, Florist just above them with a minus -24 goal difference and 5 points from safety.

Things ain't so bad after all. :)

Build for next season, if we get in the play-offs this year, seems unlikey but I'll take it.
The joys of being a leicester city supporter (whether at the ground, on the internet or in your armchair)

The reason the Brighton fans reckon we are dirty cos in about the 10th minute, Drinkwater decide to push away their left back as he already had enough of his attempts at playing the man as opposed to the ball. El-Adb has got to be the most severely restricted footballer I have seen at this level. Belongs in a wrestling ring.

Brighton have by far the worst disciplinary record in the league and we have the second worse.

Obviously the game showed why that is the case, it was the two dirtiest teams in the division playing each other. I think, unlike that Brighton fan though, we are not deluded about that and can quite clearly see we are a really dirty team and have some really dirty players on our team atm and several have been lambasted for their gamesmanship tactics and/or lack of discipline on here. The difference is the Brighton fan can't seem to see that Poyet has built the dirtiest, slimiest team in the country: a horrible bunch of Estudiantes-esque bruisers, hackers and cheats.
Totally agree about City too. Mills is a horrible, dirty footballer, Wellens is a diving cheat, Howard's only skill is throwing his elbows about, Danns can't help making two-footed lunges... But we were nowhere near as dirty as them yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669