Brighton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:
The reason I say it won't happen is because other clubs are not going to release that type of player.

I'm not sure that I am being negative because I am saying that we won't be relegated. However, tho' I can't be motivated to attend every game these days, I have been around enough to know when we've not got the right players to do well in this division. So, we'd better settle for grinding out sufficient points to get by to the end of the season and take it from there. CL is a bit too dour in his approach for my liking.... but I think he knows he enough to keep us afloat.

Don't think you are negative at all RF.The opinion you give I virtually agree with,its just that it doesn't paint a very inspiring picture and at the moment I'm desperately looking for something to brighten up our outlook.I do think there is the Player to get in though,I'm not asking for a Joe Cole or a Ryan Giggs just a bit of Quality.

We could do with one of the Arsenal/United youngsters. Jermaine Pennant joined Championship (1st division) clubs on loan and it brought him to Wenger's attention. Maybe we could do the same thing again with someone like Owusu-Abeyie at Arsenal??

highland fox said:
I'd have to go with
Henderson-Stearman-Gerrbrand-Johannsson-Kisnorbo(who 'sounded' OK tonight)-Sylla-Hughes-Gudjonnson-Tiatto-Hume-MDV

Ok defensively but doesnt look like a footballer when on the ball, id say bring in sheehan for kisnorbo and we have a good back 4. Nothing wrong with mccarthy IMO.

Just got back from the game. Took two neutrals to the game, they couldn't believe we didn't win. They saw some good football at times, but like me they couldn't believe that at the end people were booing.

I come home, and have read through the match thread to see what reaction the game got from the "armchair" brigade.

I've come to the conclusion that Chandler was right about a lot of you.
Frankly, if CL buggered off tomorrow, I wouldn't blame him one bit, not with so called fans like some of you.

I suppose, when even Fergie gets booed by his own fans after all he has done for Manure, what do you expect from the fans of a Championship team in a transitional period .

Lboro fox said:
Ok defensively but doesnt look like a footballer when on the ball, id say bring in sheehan for kisnorbo and we have a good back 4. Nothing wrong with mccarthy IMO.

It's just that McCarthy is suspended thats why I left him out.

xsubmariner said:
Just got back from the game. Took two neutrals to the game, they couldn't believe we didn't win. They saw some good football at times, but like me they couldn't believe that at the end people were booing.

I come home, and have read through the match thread to see what reaction the game got from the "armchair" brigade.

Frankly, if CL buggered off tomorrow, I wouldn't blame him one bit, not with so called fans like some of you.

I suppose, when even Fergie gets booed by his own fans after all he has done for Manure, what do you expect from the fans of a Championship team in a transitional period .

I did try to be positive XSub,from my Armchair.

xsubmariner said:

I can't believe they were booing either, or at HT, or the bloke near me who kept shouting 'you don't know what you're doing'. Ok so we didn't win against Brighton, I admit that's a poor result. But personally I thought we played better than we have in quite a few games. I was so annoyed with the fans tonight, when we passed it around people got impatient and started booing so someone would lump it up to Hume or De Vries, who would lose the ball and people would complain even more.

There was some good passing football at times, a symptom of no Dublin in the back four (on that subject, I cannot believe the morons who were berating de Vries and cheering when he went off, then loving Dublin even though he was far worse). I'm not a fan of Williams's but I did think he was ok tonight, and McCarthy was back to his old (good) self. Kisnorbo was unable to cross at all, I'd agree with whoever said that he just doesn't look like a footballer. I felt better with Henderson between the posts than I have done with Douglas, but he was only tested once really.

The situation with the fans frustrates me greatly, as I feel like I'm on a completely different page to everyone else. They all (the ones who sit around me) seem to think we're playing bad football and our players are rubbish and Levein should go, but honestly if he did I don't know what would happen to our club. In my mind it would be a disaster.

xsubmariner said:
...but like me they couldn't believe that at the end people were booing...
Unreal wasn't it?
9 minutes on the clock and a bloke near me was screaming for mdv to be substituted...:102:

I bet your neutrals thought the 2nd half was excellent xsub.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Jermaine Pennant joined Championship (1st division) clubs on loan and it brought him to Wenger's attention.

I think the fact that Wenger paid £2 million to sign Pennant from Notts County suggests that he'd already got Wenger's attention before going out on loan!

I am also dead against the Booers. We played good football in the second half, and as has always been the case, looked at our most dangerous when we upped the tempo.

True some of the passes went astray and players were not always looking for spaces. We looked desparately short of proper wingers in the second half.

I hate the people who say Tiatto is shite. He is clumsy sometimes and was lucky not to get a red card, and Levein was brave to keep him on. His work rate is great. He chases down and he made some great passes.

Where we really lack the spark is the first time shot inside the box. We do not have the confidence or skill to slot it home. I saw Lundberg's little chip over the goalie with the outside of his boot. He makes it look so simple, which is why he is valued at probably £10 million more than our entire team.

It WAS frustrating that we could not score but we did play reasonably well and I am confident that CL is getting right.

i was amused at the differing comments as i left the ground "we played ok"
"that was shite" "we had hard luck" " sack him" :icon_lol:personally i thought they did ok i actually enjoyed the second half ok it was only brighton but we are only leicester :102:

1 point nearer to safety.

lazzer said:
where have you been you big faggot ?

rendezvous point - where the hell were you!?

xsubmariner said:

Perhaps you might explain to your two friends that the solution to the puzzle why e don't win many games is that we haven't got any decent forwards anymore - you know the guys who are supposed to put the ball in the back of the net.

i think we need Wanchope or two.

lazzer said:
how ive missed your intelligent banter

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

How did Hume play last night? Any good or is he a Tranmere reject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669