Brighton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to speculate on the CL excuse for only drawing ? :icon_eek: :102: ;)

highland fox said:
It needs a 'Spark' a loan signing who can do a bit of magic and win a game.
QUOTE]

exactly. it's the way football's going at the moment, get a premiership midfielder and striker on loan. look at bolton

highland fox said:

Who do you suggest?
Izzet can come here, them wankers at Brum dont use him.

I've just realised they missed the easiest chance with Hammond heading over the bar.

I'm not a 'loan' Fan but we all,fans,player,manager need a lift and someone with genuine Premiership quality coming in for 6 months could just be that 'Spark'.

:icon_sad:

Code:
17  	Leicester  	11  	2  	2  	2  	7  	6  	0  	3  	2  	4  	8  	-3  	11
18 	Burnley 	11 	2 	3 	1 	14 	8 	0 	1 	4 	3 	8 	1 	10
19 	Brighton 	11 	1 	2 	2 	6 	7 	0 	5 	1 	5 	7 	-3 	10

Hazzman said:
Who do you suggest?
Izzet can come here, them wankers at Brum dont use him.

I've just realised they missed the easiest chance with Hammond heading over the bar.

Muzzy is always injued otherwise he'd be ideal.I'm thinking....

highland fox said:

That's not going to happen.

The position is very simple. It's settling down to what was predictable before the season in that we would not score enough goals to be viable. That position was worsened by the decision to let the best striker leave after a couple of matches.

This side will struggle all season - the form is relegation form - but fortunately there are a few other rubbish teams that should keep us up.

I am still not saying that Levein should go because this board will probably only be able to find someone else who will be no better and further disruption is likely to increase the risk of calamity. But it's a sad situation.

Any chance of getting David Connelly on loan??:)

Izzet's injured at Birmingham ;) Apparently the reason he's been on the bench all season so far is because he still isn't quite fit, they're trying to ease him back in.

We do need a loan signing or 2, not just for a 'spark', but because this current shower of shite that we put out aren't good enough!

CL can't have any excuses. 1 win in 9 is NOT good enough, no two ways about it. Form that shit isn't just bad luck, it's that we're crap.

As I've said over and over, I DON'T want CL out... but he has to sort things out! It doesn't take a genius to realise things aren't working. As manager it's his job to correct that, whether it be by getting in a couple of loan signings, changing the formation or just changing the tactics.

****ing sort it out.

When is the turn around gonna happen? It's not likley to be an overnight sudden improvement, it could well be after Christmas before we start winning more than 1 in 9 :icon_sad:

So pished off with not being better than a bottom half team.

Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:

That's not going to happen.

Deep down I know it won't but I'm only trying to offer some solution/hope,in the end nothing is to be gained by negativity and constant postings of inevitability.Maybe I'd be better off if I didn't care.

I guess this means we'll now see whether the "dodgy rumour" from a couple of days ago is true or not.. It said if we didn't win Levein would be out tomorrow. Can't see it happening personally.

And at the minute, even though I'm not wanting Levein out, if when I woke up tomorrow he had gone... I wouldn't really care. I don't think we should fire him, but if we did, I wouldn't be sad about it (although depending on his replacement I might do afterwards)

I'll probably be supporting him again tomorrow, but right now I'm just completely indifferent..

ok, not too many posistives from that game, but lets try.....

Clean sheet and a good display from henderson
Hume looked pretty dangerous, hopefully the goals will come

ok, i'm out. anybody??

I hope now that, with the exception of McCarthy, CL picks the same team on saturday. lets see what happens with a settled team.

Feriol said:
ok, not too many posistives from that game, but lets try.....

Clean sheet and a good display from henderson
Hume looked pretty dangerous, hopefully the goals will come

ok, i'm out. anybody??

I hope now that, with the exception of McCarthy, CL picks the same team on saturday. lets see what happens with a settled team.

Not Williams though..please No.Hughes in the middle

highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
Deep down I know it won't but I'm only trying to offer some solution/hope,in the end nothing is to be gained by negativity and constant postings of inevitability.Maybe I'd be better off if I didn't care.

The reason I say it won't happen is because other clubs are not going to release that type of player.

I'm not sure that I am being negative because I am saying that we won't be relegated. However, tho' I can't be motivated to attend every game these days, I have been around enough to know when we've not got the right players to do well in this division. So, we'd better settle for grinding out sufficient points to get by to the end of the season and take it from there. CL is a bit too dour in his approach for my liking.... but I think he knows he enough to keep us afloat.

highland fox said:
Not Williams though..please No.Hughes in the middle

yes he was poor, but i dont think changing things again will help. todays formation isn't my opinion of our strongest either, but given the chance to gel with a settled 11 maybe he will be better.

I'd have to go with
Henderson-Stearman-Gerrbrand-Johannsson-Kisnorbo(who 'sounded' OK tonight)-Sylla-Hughes-Gudjonnson-Tiatto-Hume-MDV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669