Bristol City or Cardiff - FAC 4th Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh Stringer best be wrong about Cardiff being on Sunday.

If he's not, BM won't get back to Leicester in time to set out for Barnsley!

LCFC Ticket Office confirmed by e mail to me today, that it's Friday for Bristol City and Saturday for Cardiff.

Proirity one Season Ticket holders who receive their away tickets via post, will have their 4th round ticket mailed by 1st class post on Wednesday.

LCFC Ticket Office confirmed by e mail to me today, that it's Friday for Bristol City and Saturday for Cardiff.

LCFC Ticket Office told me last week that neither game would be on the Friday.

I wouldn't rule out the power of any TV company to have a game moved at the shortest of notice.

Dont be surprised if it is Sunday. If S4C bid for the rights they may ask for Sunday as they usually show an egg game at teatime on Satdy. At best they'd be looking for a lunchtime kick off. Personally, I'd be surprised if they televise it. They have had their budget cut recently and unless the advertising revenue could offset the cost of the rights then I expect the Bristol experiment to be the end of it.

I thought the reason why we couldn't play Cardiff on Sunday was because we are both playing on Tuesday anyway?

Well the FL won't moved our league games back to the Weds. But there's no reason why it can't be played on the Sunday if they decide to(grrr!) I remember us having a league game on a Sunday once waaaay back in the MON years and then having a League Cup match on the Tuesday.

Well the FL won't moved our league games back to the Weds. But there's no reason why it can't be played on the Sunday if they decide to(grrr!) I remember us having a league game on a Sunday once waaaay back in the MON years and then having a League Cup match on the Tuesday.

didn't we play Chelsea in the F.A. cup 5th round on the sunday then Wimbledon in the League cup semi-final on the tuesday

:015:

Cardiff will win the replay tonight, then on Sunday we will play in a terrible, hoof it, why did we bother winning the 3rd round type of way, and go promptly out the cup.

Fact.

Last edited:
didn't we play Chelsea in the F.A. cup 5th round on the sunday then Wimbledon in the League cup semi-final on the tuesday

Yes - Feb 1997. Both at home though. No travelling to do.

Last edited:

Playing games two days apart shouldn't be a problem, it's been a regular thing over the christmas and easter periods.

Games on consecutive days used to happen occasionally too, but I think the last time that happened was in 1993 when we played Watford on 27/12, and the sheep the next day.

Playing games two days apart shouldn't be a problem, it's been a regular thing over the christmas and easter periods.

Games on consecutive days used to happen occasionally too, but I think the last time that happened was in 1993 when we played Watford on 27/12, and the sheep the next day.

I don't think it matters too much how far the games are apart. It's the shortness of the notice of changes that really affects people.

There's never been any excuse for that though. I think I've mentioned this before, but I can't for the life of me think where.

No, but most managers will moan about having games that close together. Particularly their opponents have had longer to prepare for the second game.

My comment was meant to reflect the supporter's view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669