Bristol Rovers 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs plunge in form is due to him being out of position, I shall be pleased to see Gilbert back. I was baffled by the business that got their keeper booked. Can somebody please explain what happened.

He already had the ball set down for a fre kick but then decided to move it over to the other side of the goal. Ref booked him for timewasting. The way the players were pointing at the lino seemed to suggest the goalie was only moving the ball to where the lino had indicated.

He already had the ball set down for a fre kick but then decided to move it over to the other side of the goal. Ref booked him for timewasting. The way the players were pointing at the lino seemed to suggest the goalie was only moving the ball to where the lino had indicated.

he had it put down for a free kick at first, not a goal kick, that's why he moved it. but he was timewasting continuously and deserved the booking.

the thing to take from today is that gradel needs a few games to recover his confidence, the team looked completely different with adams on, he also covers more of the midfield than gradel, who stays out wide.

hayles offered a different option to howard, who I also though had a better game.

The important thing is not to get carried away by this win - in the same way as people got absurdly depressed by the narrow and somewhat unfortunate (own goal) defeat at brighton.

The good thing is that Pearson seems to have his feet on the ground.

The important thing is not to get carried away by this win - in the same way as people got absurdly depressed by the narrow and somewhat unfortunate (own goal) defeat at brighton.

The good thing is that Pearson seems to have his feet on the ground.

In fairness it was worse than your words make it sound because we gave away a two goal lead. I agree about not getting too carried away now though.

Last edited:
In fairness it was worse than your words make it sound because we gave away a two goal lead. I agree about not getting too carried away now though.

Possibly - had I gone to Brighton, I might have felt that way too - especially if i was unfortunate enough to have to make the trek back on the night of the game. Sounds horrific to me these days.

The second half at Brighton we were beyond abject. It wasn't the defeat that p'd everyone off, it was the gutless second half submission to an inferior side.

There seemed to be more ref abuse than was warranted, as usual, but he was crap. I didn't think he was biased, although he did appear to give them more than they should have got. He was just not very good at his job.

This excuse for a ref didn't get enough abuse IMHO.
Can't spot basketball-style handballs, gives free kicks when the foul is clearly in the area, etc etc.
Complete arsehole.
Thankfully we beat him and his Rovers team, somehow.

This excuse for a ref didn't get enough abuse IMHO.
Can't spot basketball-style handballs, gives free kicks when the foul is clearly in the area, etc etc.
Complete arsehole.
Thankfully we beat him and his Rovers team, somehow.

Come on mate. He was shocking for both sides. I was warned before hand about him and they weren't half right!

Mr Deadman. ****ing wish he was! :icon_roll

Come on mate. He was shocking for both sides. I was warned before hand about him and they weren't half right!

Mr Deadman. ****ing wish he was! :icon_roll

My point exactly. Fair enough, we had a decent pen shout but he seemed to be a bit random with his nonsensical decisions. Like Uriah Rennie is every time. Every time.

We got back to the car after the game and put RL on and i really can't believe how difficult some people are to impress! Moaning about Howard and Fryatt, one bloke even critisised us for having a reliable goal-scorer in Matty!

It was a horribly frustrating game with a bent ref and some stupid antics on the pitch, but i don't care that we didn't have it wrapped up at half time and that it took about 85 minutes to score, a late win like that is the best thing in the world to me, i'm still grinning like an idiot. Suprisingly excellent noise from the fans too given the fact that some of the pricks round me love a good boo.

Nice to see a fan of another team with some humility and grace in defeat too.

Last edited:
only 2-1, we shoulda beat this crowd 10-nil

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously tho, i left work for the pub thinking we had only drew. I've now spent 3 hours spouting off like a c-unit about a draw (but it was whilst watching tonights setanta offering with all the scousers over here) and now thanks to the powers of TB i've found we won! Time to go back down said pub and put a few things straight!

only 2-1, we shoulda beat this crowd 10-nil

booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously tho, i left work for the pub thinking we had only drew. I've now spent 3 hours spouting off like a c-unit about a draw (but it was whilst watching tonights setanta offering with all the scousers over here) and now thanks to the powers of TB i've found we won! Time to go back down said pub and put a few things straight!

Some people left the game on 85 minutes thinking we'd lost. Seriously, why bother coming if you're going to leave before the end?

Suprisingly excellent noise from the fans too given the fact that some of the pricks round me love a good boo.

I thought you only sat next to Newton as a one-off? :icon_wink

C'mon Newts, get posting!!

The subs made the difference. Adams put in some great free kicks and corners. Hayles made great assists for both goals and basically got stuck in. Looked more effective than Howard. He probably could not last 90 mins, but I would be happy to see him have the whole of the second half. Gradel did look poor today. Could not get past the backs and nearly all his passes went astray. I have seen him play a LOT better than that.

The subs made the difference. Adams put in some great free kicks and corners. Hayles made great assists for both goals and basically got stuck in. Looked more effective than Howard. He probably could not last 90 mins, but I would be happy to see him have the whole of the second half. Gradel did look poor today. Could not get past the backs and nearly all his passes went astray. I have seen him play a LOT better than that.

Gradel has his personal problems, and besides this had an issue with BR, having played on loan for Bournemouth.

He did as well as could be expected, and was well subbed by Nicky Adams.

In my opinion, if Gradel is having personal problems he should not be starting games, especially with how fickle and negative a lot of the home fans are.

I know he is going through a lot so let him sort that out before adding the pressure by playing for Leicester City.

Gradel has his personal problems

In my opinion, if Gradel is having personal problems he should not be starting games, especially with how fickle and negative a lot of the home fans are.

I know he is going through a lot so let him sort that out before adding the pressure by playing for Leicester City.

Is it possible that ye are being a bit presumptuous about Gradel?
Perhaps he's just playing a bit shit because he isn't exactly a world beating footballer?
Maybe he's on top of things but isn't as good as ye're hoping he is?
Just a thought.

Is it possible that ye are being a bit presumptuous about Gradel?
Perhaps he's just playing a bit shit because he isn't exactly a world beating footballer?
Maybe he's on top of things but isn't as good as ye're hoping he is?
Just a thought.

He ripped the majority of defences apart last season for a team that got relegated, he has only shown glimpses of that form this season when surrounded by what should be better players, I would say it's fair to say his personal life is having an effect.

Or maybe it's the fact he's shit scared of trying anything out of the ordinary at the Walkers because some thick ***** will get onto his back and groan every time he doesn't beat a full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669