Bristol Rovers 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have just looked impressive in team full of no hopers

The same teams we are playing against have said how good he was last season, take for instance Gashead who said he ripped them apart last season.

Then again I would expect nothing less from a team that has a track record of destroying young talent.

Lovely stuff.

Well done Fryatt, but keep the f**ker up!!!!!!!

Didn't see the game so I have no idea how well he played, but if he scores the winning goals, then I don't care. If he doesn't score the winning goals, then I do. He still worries me going into games though, he needs to play a bit more consistently before I change my judgement of him, but this is a start.

Lovely stuff.

Didn't see the game so I have no idea how well he played, but if he scores the winning goals, then I don't care. If he doesn't score the winning goals, then I do. He still worries me going into games though, he needs to play a bit more consistently before I change my judgement of him, but this is a start.

Have you not seen the new forum rules, you're not entitled to an opinion if you didn't go to the game.

Last season's team would have lost that match. Nice to see some fight and spirit back.

Lovely stuff.

I'm starting to really like Fryatt. Last season I hated hearing his name because I knew he was gonna do nowt, but now I see him running and really wanting the ball and taking his chances, he's even remembered how to finish. For me he can sit on his arse eating crisps for 89 minutes if he pops up with the winner but the fact that he puts the effort in is very encouraging.

I think that playing either Adams or Gradel will depend who is putting in the performance as Gradel came in for Adams after he had a few average performances so after yesterday Adams will probably get the nod until Pearson feels differently or theres an injury.

He does pick mostly on form and it could be Hayles may get more of a game on Tuesday as he was effective yesterday. Henderson should keep his place too as keep swapping keepers doesnt help with keeping a cohesive defence. Hobbs is out of position and not sure if Morrison is any better as Gilberts replacement.

Last edited:
Lovely stuff.

It's the best I have seen him play all season. He worked his crust off to no real reward, chasing down balls and defenders. He then got one chance from a very tight angle and put it away. Finally, at the end rather than just watching the ball like everyone one else did at in the end, he put it in where it hurts and nicked it in.

Right then for 80 minutes, complete and utter shite. I wasn't enjoying the game at all because I had two feckers near me constanly having a go at everyone of our players. We showed some character after some awful time wasting and faking injury from Bristol Rovers. For that alone, they deserved just a point.

Two of the most clear-cut penalities I have ever still. Not given, the ref lost the plot completely. Their goal was a piece of magic from the best players I have seen from the division so far, Joe Kuffour.

I thought Mattock, Tunchev (bar possibly a mistake on the goal), Adams, Dyer, Fryatt and Howard all deserve praise. Berner was a calm influence when he came on.

IMO Kisnorbo needs dropping too slow, can't pass water (he's getting more possession in this division) and his direction of headers is putting us in trouble. Hobbs is firmly a confidence player and he's at nil atm....can't see any replacement for him bar O'Neill. King is a fecking puff....twice he was pushed out of tackles, Oakley ineffective until the very end and looked injured. Gradel had a torrid day...just one of those days.

ALSO MY RETURN TO WATCHING CITY PLAY IS REWARDED WITH A WIN. STILL UNBEATEN IN MY ATTENDENCE!!

Last edited:
gradel looked excellent first few games and he really links up well with gilbert.

as is often the case though, younger players find consistency a lot harder,so maybe it would be a good idea to rest him.

i really think these 3 points,will do the team a lot of good,it shows the character of the side, to bounce back from the brighton game.

Last season's team would have lost that match. Nice to see some fight and spirit back.

The good old 'Foxes never quit' mentality is in danger of making a comeback.

I didn't see Hayles elbow anyone so I wasn't sure what made it all kick off. What pissed me off was Kisnorbo running half the length of the pitch to push one of their players, he could and probably should have been sent off. Twat.

I didn't see Hayles elbow anyone so I wasn't sure what made it all kick off. What pissed me off was Kisnorbo running half the length of the pitch to push one of their players, he could and probably should have been sent off. Twat.

The guy was pulling on him, so he swung his arm back to get him off his shirt and touched him with it. All nothing.

Last edited:
It's the best I have seen him play all season. He worked his crust off to no real reward, chasing down balls and defenders. He then got one chance from a very tight angle and put it away. Finally, at the end rather than just watching the ball like everyone one else did at in the end, he put it in where it hurts and nicked it in.

Right then for 80 minutes, complete and utter shite. I wasn't enjoying the game at all because I had two feckers near me constanly having a go at everyone of our players. We showed some character after some awful time wasting and faking injury from Bristol Rovers. For that alone, they deserved just a point.

Two of the most clear-cut penalities I have ever still. Not given, the ref lost the plot completely. Their goal was a piece of magic from the best players I have seen from the division so far, Joe Kuffour.

I thought Mattock, Tunchev (bar possibly a mistake on the goal), Adams, Dyer, Fryatt and Howard all deserve praise. Berner was a calm influence when he came on.

IMO Kisnorbo needs dropping too slow, can't pass water (he's getting more possession in this division) and his direction of headers is putting us in trouble. Hobbs is firmly a confidence player and he's at nil atm....can't see any replacement for him bar O'Neill. King is a fecking puff....twice he was pushed out of tackles, Oakley ineffective until the very end and looked injured. Gradel had a torrid day...just one of those days.

ALSO MY RETURN TO WATCHING CITY PLAY IS REWARDED WITH A WIN. STILL UNBEATEN IN MY ATTENDENCE!!

The thing with king is that he is a possession midfielder, if he gets a few seconds on the ball his passing is generally superb and he picked out a few good cross pitch passes yesterday. The problem with him being still inexperienced is that Oakley IMO doesn't have the confidence to leave him back and push forward, so Oakley doesn't get chance to express his creativity. When Berner came on into the middle Oakley was able to push forward, hence him coming into it near the end. If we played with 3 in the middle (i'd bring Kisichev in just behind them) then Oakley would get to push on a lot more, and king would get more time on the ball to pass.

With regards Gradel, I don't think it's personal problems, I just think he has no confidence atm, it shows with the runs he was making at the beginning to now he just runs into the guy. I would rest him for a few games at least and play Adams, who looked solid when he came on.

Gilbert will be back on tuesday so i would drop hobbs, who again has no confidence and the fans where getting on his back yesterday which won't help.

People have moaned that wejust need a player to put the ball in the net,nothing else,just someone to score the messy goals.We now seem to have one then people berate him because he's not Ronaldo,Torres and Drogba rolled into one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670