Post Match Burnley 0 - 2 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt today was a day when we scored at the right times. We got our first when we were beginning to take control in the first half and cemented our position. The second came at a time when Burnley were beginning to look more dangerous and it killed them off. Thought the midfield the were great nitty gritty in the second half and big Wes has his best game in a long time.

So pleased to be there today - don't think there will be many seasons when my away record is 5w 0d 0l

Goal!!!!! Great strike!!!!!! We might win this.

Good news if you ask me. The guy is quality.

The City manager also confirmed that he wants to extend Marcin Wasilewski’s contract at the club.

The Poland international joined the club in September as a free agent on a one-year deal and Pearson said he wants to keep the 33-year-old.
“I will be looking to extend his contract regardless of what league we are in next season because I think he will bring a level of performance and knowledge, which will add to the squad.”

Just got back after the most amazing day out! We were superb from start to finish, so many stand out performances and de Laet and Knockaert were MOMs. Its a special time to be a Leicester fan right now and the 300-odd mile round trip was so worth it. Drove home in a bit of a daze, reminiscing about all those matches I've seen this season where we've been simply brilliant. Be great if we can celebrate next Fri night............................

Just as an aside, Jeffrey Schlupp is turning into one of the most exciting left back prospects ive seen. Solid at the back, good touch, GREAT going forward. The lad is worth millions....

Schlupp dodgy first twenty but yes he is such a prospect. A real physical specimen. So fast and powerful and good feet. I think he may have found his best position.

Just as an aside, Jeffrey Schlupp is turning into one of the most exciting left back prospects ive seen. Solid at the back, good touch, GREAT going forward. The lad is worth millions....

Sounds like Konchesky spat his dummy out today too? I hear the Sky presenter mentioned to NP that he saw a very unhappy Konchesky prior to kick off, however Beagrie butted in and NP never got to answer the question. Judging by Konchesky's tweet a couple of hours back he may have left early as he was all ready for a night out in Essex at the dogs, and I very much doubt he'd have made it back for that time if he'd travelled back with the squad.

Sounds like Konchesky spat his dummy out today too? I hear the Sky presenter mentioned to NP that he saw a very unhappy Konchesky prior to kick off, however Beagrie butted in and NP never got to answer the question. Judging by Konchesky's tweet a couple of hours back he may have left early as he was all ready for a night out in Essex at the dogs, and I very much doubt he'd have made it back for that time if he'd travelled back with the squad.

Before anyone else says it my thoughts are that he'd "gone to the dogs" some while ago.

I just had a look at some Burnley forums and these seems a decent set of thoughts from the home fans...

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111367123

Anyhow, as everyone in the world is stating 'If Burnley hadn't had any injuries they would have wiped the floor with us'. Of course they would....

I don't think their normal strike partnership would have got much change out the back 4 today if I'm honest. Morgan and Wasilewski were simply superb. De Laet and Schlupp equally as good.

I don't think their normal strike partnership would have got much change out the back 4 today if I'm honest. Morgan and Wasilewski were simply superb. De Laet and Schlupp equally as good.
Agreed. They were great. I think Wasilewski has been an inspired signing and I really believe he is good enough for the Premier.

I hope his ma gives her opinion :)

mag feckin nificent i was aprehensive prior to today NOT NOW morgan/wasy brilliant but 3 games in week? id rest one Burnley didnt give us a game nearly there

Could only watch the first half due to moving.

Reflections on the half I watched:

- bloody Dave Nugent. I'd let him do whatever he wanted. I love him. Hope he gets a new deal.
- Mahrez looked bewildered, Knockaert dangerous.
- Chris Wood looked a different player to the one I've watched. Active, committed and won his fair share of tackles. Hope he is the player we got early on, not the one I saw at the end of last season.
- stonewall penalty for the arm drag on Vardy

Brilliant result , it's all over now and I was pooping meself earlier in the week.

Cloud nine.

Oh...and I thought Schlupp played well.

They obviously targeted him and he handled it superbly.

First choice left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670