Post Match Burnley 0 - 2 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could only watch the first half due to moving.

Reflections on the half I watched:

- bloody Dave Nugent. I'd let him do whatever he wanted. I love him. Hope he gets a new deal.
- Mahrez looked bewildered, Knockaert dangerous.
- Chris Wood looked a different player to the one I've watched. Active, committed and won his fair share of tackles. Hope he is the player we got early on, not the one I saw at the end of last season.
- stonewall penalty for the arm drag on Vardy

Brilliant result , it's all over now and I was pooping meself earlier in the week.

Cloud nine.

Nuge is too hot and cold. He will be useful in the squad for the prem but we'll need another striker. Good to see NP reminding everyone after the match in his sky interview that Wood is only young, hopefully a sign that he is firmly part of the plans.

Mahrez ran himself into trouble a few too many times today. But he still caused problems and turned defence into attack brilliantly.

No doubt Nugent is inconsistent, and we will need other options.

Doesn't stop me bloody loving him.

He's positive, enjoys his football, and scores some terrific goals.

We all have our favourites, don't we?

Just watched it again...

Schlupp was very good at left back. His defending has got much better and was rarely trouble by a decent winger in Knightly. He boomed forward a couple of times and if he works on his end product then we've got a hell of a player.

Morgan/Wes looked very solid. De Leat played well.

I thought Knockaert was brilliant. He's so good with the ball at his feet. Burnley had two men on him most of the time. He had a spell of about 10 minutes in the second half where he made some wrong choices (crap shots mainly) but him and Mahrez really could set the premiership alight next year.

Out set pieces really are rubbish. Both the delivery and anyone really attacking the ball.
Wood goal came at a perfect time. Tye were having there best spell of the match (which wasn't that threatening, but still.)

I worry about our strikers next year. But two fantastic finishes today.

EDIT: didn't even mention Drinkwater. Who controlled the midfield today.

Last edited:
Just watched it again...

Schlupp was very good at left back. His defending has got much better and was rarely trouble by a decent winger in Knightly. He boomed forward a couple of times and if he works on his end product then we've got a hell of a player.

Morgan/Wes looked very solid. De Leat played well.

I thought Knockaert was brilliant. He's so good with the ball at his feet. Burnley had two men on him most of the time. He had a spell of about 10 minutes in the second half where he made some wrong choices (crap shots mainly) but him and Mahrez really could set the premiership alight next year.

Out set pieces really are rubbish. Both the delivery and anyone really attacking the ball.
Wood goal came at a perfect time. Tye were having there best spell of the match (which wasn't that threatening, but still.)

I worry about our strikers next year. But two fantastic finishes today.

EDIT: didn't even mention Drinkwater. Who controlled the midfield today.

I actually think Matty James takes a decent corner but we just don't seem to have the players to attack them. For me the biggest aerial threat we have is Liam Moore and he is obviously not playing. Wes Morgan rarely gets any joy and as much as I rate Marcin, his head turns into a 50p coin when he gets into attacking territory.

Last edited:
Im actually bewildered at our approach to corners. We rarely even have anyone on the far post never mind someone actually attacking the ball from deep.

Imo set pieces will be important next season, we better start using them for effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could only watch the first half due to moving.

Reflections on the half I watched:

- bloody Dave Nugent. I'd let him do whatever he wanted. I love him. Hope he gets a new deal.
- Mahrez looked bewildered, Knockaert dangerous.
- Chris Wood looked a different player to the one I've watched. Active, committed and won his fair share of tackles. Hope he is the player we got early on, not the one I saw at the end of last season.
- stonewall penalty for the arm drag on Vardy

Brilliant result , it's all over now and I was pooping meself earlier in the week.

Cloud nine.

http://footballleagueworld.com/2014/03/30/chris-wood-benefiting-from-kevin-phillips-advice/?

Good find, and exactly what I was hoping for when we got KP in. Hope he stays on in a coaching role next season. Chris Wood is still a young player but he has the physics and skill. If KP can sort out his tendancy to what seems like lazyness and sometimes looking uninterested in the game, he can become a great striker.
Hopefully he'll get the chemistry right too and we're aware he knows about biology.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Hopefully he'll get the chemistry right too and we're aware he knows about biology.:icon_wink
I knew there were something wrong there........ But you try it in Norwegian :icon_wink

NP was very complimentary with regards to Kevin Phillips yesterday, sounds like he is someone that you would want to keep around the dressing room. I think he could be a great asset to the club.

NP was very complimentary with regards to Kevin Phillips yesterday, sounds like he is someone that you would want to keep around the dressing room. I think he could be a great asset to the club.
I've tried, but I couldn't find any grammatical errors in that post. Except that you could perhaps have chosen to start a new sentence after "yesterday". Regarding the contents of the post, I agree completely.

I've tried, but I couldn't find any grammatical errors in that post. Except that you could perhaps have chosen to start a new sentence after "yesterday". Regarding the contents of the post, I agree completely.

Actually I think I have found a grammatical error, but I'll wait for someone else to point it out.

Did anyone else notice what a well mannered boy Chris Wood is? When celebrating his goal he stood on one of the advertising boards resulting in it falling over. Instead of ignoring that, he was occupied with putting it in the right position again when the rest of the team came all over him (litteraly, feel free to elaborate).

Last edited:

Off topic, but I watched the video after the Burnley highlights in you tube called "glory years," with Walsh and Claridge.. what a find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T800Ters31M#t=324

Watching it I'm surprised by how many matches I attended as student living in London, and not knowing anyone in Leicester! A ticket for the Wembley Final against Boro cost £95 in the"Olympic gallery," up in the nosebleed seats, but that Heskey equalizer was special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic, but I watched the video after the Burnley highlights in you tube called "glory years," with Walsh and Claridge.. what a find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T800Ters31M#t=324

Watching it I'm surprised by how many matches I attended as student living in London, and not knowing anyone in Leicester! A ticket for the Wembley Final against Boro cost £95 in the"Olympic gallery," up in the nosebleed seats, but that Heskey equalizer was special.
I watched that Heskey goal from a cellar of a pub in Bergen. Only City supporter there. Great moment. Even greater moment a few days later when Claridge got he winner at Hillsborough. Tried to find a pub in Bergen that showed the game but they were all showing some PL games. Arsenal I think it was. Ended up driving home again to watch alone in the sofa. Woke up wife and kids when Claridge scored. Cried alone when Walshie lifted the trophy.

Did anyone else notice what a well mannered boy Chris Wood is? When celebrating his goal he stood on one of the advertising boards resulting in it falling over. Instead of ignoring that, he was occupied with putting it in the right position again when the rest of the team came all over him (litteraly, feel free to elaborate).

Did you not see upon taking down the advertising board, he cleared a cameraman out? :icon_lol: what a lovely lad.

Did you not see upon taking down the advertising board, he cleared a cameraman out? :icon_lol: what a lovely lad.
Cameramen are evil. They get what they deserve!

Edit: Except Dessie of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673