Pre Match Burnley v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeovil beat us because we had no plan to deal with two very big strong guys at the back and two very big strong guys at the front. They were very happy to play head tennis and lump it forward all night long. Their midfield were also very happy to play the supporting roles of getting in our faces and chasing everything down which panicked us into making sloppy passes and not chasing everything ourselves.
Schmeichel was wasting his time kicking the ball upfront. Wood was our first player to win a header on 85 minutes! Unless their performance was a one off for us, I am surprised Yeovil are not much higher up the table. Their football is not pretty but it is brutally simply and effective.

Tricky, but as much as I knew we would struggle last night, I feel we might win this one. 1-0 Citeh, Nugent.

maybe NP will suprise them with a change in formation eg Hammond coming in to shore up the midfield and hopefully allow Danny to control the play, im sure we would take adraw, they need to win but they may also settle for a draw

I want to win the league, I fail to see why we should want anything other than that seeing as we have made it our home for so bloody long.

Champions please!

Referee for Saturday (Michael Jones) is predominantly based in the Premier League. He's has refereed a couple of Burnley games this season. They've won one, drew one so now they'll ..... :icon_wink

Last edited:
Referee for Saturday (Michael Jones) is predominantly based in the Premier League. He's has refereed a couple of Burnley games this season. They've won one, drew one so now they'll ..... (icon_wink)

...play a third game?

According to Burnley's version of Bert on their forum, Ings and Trippier definitely out on Saturday. Add to that Marney, this could be a good time to play them.

Though it won't matter if we play like we did last night!

Last edited:
Did you not read the post I was replying to?

Fair point, took your "only" out of context. Please forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669