Cardiff 2 Leicester 3, lost on pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was our chance, i also fear for loss of manager, players.
and championship mid table obsecurity

Don't berate Kermogant for what he did (not unless you're prepared to do the same for Waggy). The game should have been won well before the end of 90 minutes.

Waggy looked devastated, Kermit looked shocked that he isn't actually the world beater that we led him to believe he is.......he is ****ing useless, other than Boro away he hasn't done anything to impress me at all

He can sit next to Peter Taylor on the list of twats

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson: from bbc
"It's tough on the players. Our performance epitomises their commitment, desire and application.
"There are a lot of disappointed players in there but we have achieved a lot in our first season in the Championship.
"I'm going to leave them with their own thoughts; it is a difficult thing for the players to deal with. It is a difficult way to go out.
"Once you get to these play-offs you have got to make sure you give yourself the best chance of getting through.
"There is no doubt that over the two hours of football the players have been exceptionally good and the commitment and application has been excellent.
"When you hear them celebrating it is a case of what could have been and that is difficult to get over at this time.
"They were better than us in the penalty shoot-out. May the best team win in the final."

Read SJNs post, it might give you some good advice. Yanns an idiot for doing what he did, but its not necessarily arrogance-how do you know it wasn't because he was so nervous that he wanted to make sure he got the ball on target and that seemed like a good option in the heat of the moment? No-one knows what was going through his head at that time

So nervous that he passed it down the middle of the goal as soft as possible?? I fail to believe that has anything to do with nerves.....Even if he was shitting himself he is still shite, his goal tally and contribution this season has proven that

SJN - I actually think that the reaction to Yann was less harsh overall than I thought it might be!

On TV it looked like everyone was consoling Waggy whilst Yann was just left on his own to deal with the enormity of it all. I'm sorry but that's just not on. They both missed. They are each as much to blame ... but there is no balme, they both tried their best and did what they thought was enougjh to score. For that reason I think we should leavce them alone.

Chances are Waggy will not have to face the City fans again. Yann will and as such we should be behind him for doing what he thought was right.

Yann stepped up to the plate to take a penalty in one of the most high pressure situations he might ever face. He did what he thought would work and it didn't. Another time, another day, it probably would.

Absolutely no excuse for showboating like that.

Did you see Lampard the other day when he wouldn't let Drogba have the first penalty? Professional he was and that's what Kermit should have been.

The fact is, it should never have got to penalties in the first place.

I agree but for different reasons. I feel we lost this tie by not setting out our stall in the home leg. To start with one up front at home in a two legged tie was not the way I would have gone. Just one goal at home or at least a clean sheet and we would be at Wembley now.

Oh well, still proud of the lads and at the start of the season who
wouldn't have given their right arm (not literally of course!) to see us
get as far as we did.

My biggest wish now is that we keep hold of Nigel and his management
team and our better players like Hobbs and Fryatt.

Kermit can go though........

i'm leicester till i die!!!!

next year lads. come on city.

On TV it looked like everyone was consoling Waggy whilst Yann was just left on his own to deal with the enormity of it all. I'm sorry but that's just not on. They both missed. They are each as much to blame ... but there is no balme, they both tried their best and did what they thought was enougjh to score. For that reason I think we should leavce them alone.

Chances are Waggy will not have to face the City fans again. Yann will and as such we should be behind him for doing what he thought was right.

No I don't agree, the french tosser should have taken the penalty as the others had.
Alex Del Piero he is not and never will be!

So nervous that he passed it down the middle of the goal as soft as possible?? I fail to believe that has anything to do with nerves.....Even if he was shitting himself he is still shite, his goal tally and contribution this season has proven that

The guy has played the whole 90 minutes once for us this season and that was the last game of the season. Every other time hes played hes been a sub or played 50 odd minutes. Hes played right wing, centre mid, up front, behind the striker etc etc-hes hardly going to be top scorer.

Add to that before he joined us he had 6 months without playing a game due to injury etc as well as the fact hes come from a different country etc. What do you expect his goal tally to be like? Arguably hes not even a striker but a midfielder and has scored as many as Wellens and more than Oakley

He made a stupid mistake, and theres no defending. But get some perspective hes not some arrogant evil bastard who missed on purpose. hes still a leicester player.

Fact is a win away to Cardiff is a good result. The issue was the timid performance and lack of ambition for the 1st 70 mins at the Walkers.
A couple of summer signings we could be in a strong position next season.

I don't really know what to think at the moment. After Sunday I thought that was it and tuned in tonight thinking the best we might do was a 1-1, losing on aggregate, but then the game was so open and exciting/terrifying that I started to believe and ultimately it was heartbreaking to lose in that way. But I really have to applaud the players efforts over the season and today.

I was particularly impressed by Howard (who I hope stays on next season) and Fryatt, the latter in particular I thought it was a mistake to play but he took his goal very well and showed great spirit. Wellens, though he could (possibly should) have walked in the first half, also showed great commitment playing on while injured. Disappointed with Gallagher and Dyer, neither of whom made much of an impact on the game.

To have a bit of a moan... Bothroyd was diving all over the place again, just as he was in the first tie, getting players booked. Chopra wasn't even booked for kicking Wellens in the face and Etuhu was flinging his elbows around. Can't understand Webb's decisions on who to book and who not to book, on both sides. But Cardiff certainly were the more fluid side and if they'd taken all their chances we'd have been dead and buried before half-time.

And Yann...well. I always thought maybe he needed a preseason here to really get into the English game, Pearson really seems to rate him. But he's got an upward struggle now to win over the fans. As I said in the other threat that was an idiotic penalty.

As for next season. I'm worried as well, Pearson is going to have to buy and loan well to replace Waghorn and whoever else leaves. While I trust him completely, it's hard to forget the seasons of utter drudgery we spent in the Championship before getting relegated. Not knowing who is leaving and how much we'll have to spend next season it's too hard to call at the moment how we'll do next year but the general mood after today just makes me apprehensive.

hes not some arrogant evil bastard who missed on purpose. hes still a leicester player.

Ok, so he's just a shit player whose abilities are unknown then? In that case I shall forgive him for the pass to their keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669