Cardiff City home 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may have seen it wrongly, I will have to see the replay, but it seemed to me as though he thought it was going over and didn't stretch as far as could've to reach the ball. Like I said, may be wrong was just my first impression, will have to watch it again.

You know for next time. Chung's have had far too much of my money since I moved in round the corner three months ago.

:icon_eek:

I live about two minutes from there and it is my regular choice for chinese takeaway

May have been mentioned, cba to look through the thread, but those songs about DJ being a paedophile were a disgrace. Those horrible made up allegations cost the man his chance to manager in the PL. It's not "banter" it's just undignified and insulting and makes our fans look like twats.

Agree 100%
Whilst some fans may think players and managers are fair game for ANY chants they aren't.

There's no place for that sort of disgraceful chanting,especially when it is totally without foundation.

Some positive signs, in particular Neilson and King. I liked King's positioning throughout the game. Surprisingly, Oakley was alright too.

Still think we're miles away from the team we need to be in order to kick on from last season.

The keeper is a duffer. Wellens gives the ball away far too much. I just don't see how playing that team against a better opposition will work out well, particularly away from home - Howard can so easily be isolated and nullify our threat.

Must point out that Cardiff were a pale shadow of the team they can be and the one we saw last season.

However, we won and we deserved it. Some of the football was genuinely entertaining too. Part of me thinks this is just like the David Pleat days all over again and part of me almost thinks that this Sousa fella might be worth a punt. Saturday will be a very significant game I think. On the up or back on our arses?

Goals coming up on SSN in a few minutes. The 2nd King goal was absolutely sublime. Hope SSN show the whole move.

Last edited:
Thought we created little and Cardiff played us well first half letting us pass it about without making any threat, but Second half we came out fighting and played really well.

Ikeme - Could have done better with the goal. 5
Neilson - Excellent. Pkayed out of skin and didn't put a foot wrong all game. 8
Morrison - Had a couple of hiccups, but generally decent. 6
Hobbs - Pretty nuch the same as Morrison. 6
Berner - Looked to tire as the game went on I still don't think he's fit. 6
Oakley - Inconsistant, a faboulous tackle to break down a Cardiff break though. 6
King - Brilliant all game, was creating space for himself all night, he could shake off the Cardiff defence with ease. 8
Dyer - Brilliant, every time he got on the ball, you felt something was going to happen. 8
Wellens - As he does too often, tried to play the killer ball when he didn't need do. 5
Howard - Didn't really have any affect on the game. 6
Waghorn - Sloppy. Doesn't look match fit yet. 5

Generally I agree though I would have marked Howard and Wellens higher.
Dyer looked great except when he missed the easiest chance of the game. For me that would have reduced him to a 7.
I don't think Waghorn was sloppy or unfit. I thought he was too tense. He looked desperate to score and desperation is rarely effective.

okay here goes my ratings

Ikeme 6 Kicking was dodgy but good otherwise
Nielson 7 Solid with good crosses
Hobbs 7 Did what was required
Morrison 7 Didn't have much to do
Berner 6 Looked off the pace sometimes
Oakley 8 Great performance and good tackling
Wellens 7 Some passes not great but a good performance
King 9 Sensational second half
Dyer 8 Looked dangerous and caused problems
Waghorn 7 Some good crosses but shooting wayward
Howard 7 Solid and on his knees at end

Gallagher 7 Kept ball well
Abe 6 Not enough touches to see how good he is yet

Cardiff were poor and clearly missing their frontline strikers but our 3 home performances have been good this season

Lets hope we finally score the first goal soon!!

Cracking result tonight lads and long may it continue.

Sousa talks the talk and I can just about see us stuttering into a walk up the table. Everytime I hear him on the radio or tv I'm sold on his football beliefs and it looks like the players are starting to buy into it as well.

Last year was, IMO, a successful season but some of the football bored me to tears like most of Pearson's PR, but hopefully with Sousa we can be successful in style.

P.S. Camberwell Fox I'm loving your eloquent prose - Arthur Conan Doyle / Sherlock Holmes style. :icon_wink

Did other people notice the problem they had bringing Abe on? They could not get him to understand the instructions. Whether it was the interpreter or Abe at fault I don't know.
At one point Vitor was about to come on but there seemed to be a change of mind.

I thought Howard had a great game. Laid off a lot of chances to King and Waghorn. All this talk about fitness but Howard was able to run for 90 mins.

Dyer looked like he was taking the piss, just walking up to one of their backs and then skinning him from a standing start!

King playing just behind Howard was a tactical bit of genius.

Was Dyer unlucky to hit the post or should he have nailed it?

Gotten so used to Fryatt missing that sort of chance, I wasn't sure if I should be angry at Dyer!

I thought Howard had a great game. Laid off a lot of chances to King and Waghorn. All this talk about fitness but Howard was able to run for 90 mins.

Dyer looked like he was taking the piss, just walking up to one of their backs and then skinning him from a standing start!

King playing just behind Howard was a tactical bit of genius.

Was Dyer unlucky to hit the post or should he have nailed it?

Gotten so used to Fryatt missing that sort of chance, I wasn't sure if I should be angry at Dyer!

Dyer should have buried it

Where's Fantasy Fox when you could do with something explaining!?!

Shame all the teams around us won (except portsmouth)

EDIT: Just seen Preston lost as well

Not really, we are aiming for promotion, not mid table. Let the team at the top all lose, let it all get bunched up, then strike late and snatch a return to the premiership.

Would be great to beat QPR who seem to be pretty fecking good this year.

Not really, we are aiming for promotion, not mid table. Let the team at the top all lose, let it all get bunched up, then strike late and snatch a return to the premiership.

Would be great to beat QPR who seem to be pretty fecking good this year.

The championship is truly a random league though....Sheff U 0-4 Scunthopre :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69