Championship 15/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby/Forest a game short of class that's for sure.
Watching this I realise I don't really don't miss the Championship at all.
Derby fans nervous that they'll let in a last minute equaliser.
Not with our forward line...

Embargo has seriously effed our season up

Not with our forward line...

Embargo has seriously effed our season up

The ones proceeding this one suggests you have had a very normal season for Nottingham Forest.

Start okay and turn into absolute steaming dog turd.

That's what you get when you break the rules

Jesus H Christ, my ironymeter just imploded. perhaps we should have gone into admin and cleared all our debts whilst stiffing all the local suppliers like you lot did.

We didn't clear all our debts. Not even half of them. Don't let facts get in the way of your bitterness though.

Hiding your head in the sand won't make the stigma of what happened go away

You were the reason the Football League brought in points deductions for clubs that conveniently fall into administration, to effectively restructure their debts.

Leicester City FC was the last club to get away without the points deduction but they still got a shiny new stadium the same year they went under, kept their best players and paid them Premiership wages (thereby ****ing over other well run Football League clubs) and only paid their "non-football" debtors 5p in the pound.

These debtors included around 120 local businesses, of whom 29 went out of business. We're talking electricians, caterers, printers, cleaners, one-man bands, the corner shop, you name it. Non-playing staff redundancies were brutal, but they still managed to pay Denis Wise £25k a week to get them out of the Championship.

Did Denis Wise get us out of the Championship? I must re-evaluate my view on him.........

Singlehandedly, and we paid him in the tears of a thousand redundant workers in Leicestershire

I thought everyone knew the facts. It's not hard

Is he related to that supertwat Dennis W**e in any way?

Hiding your head in the sand won't make the stigma of what happened go away

You were the reason the Football League brought in points deductions for clubs that conveniently fall into administration, to effectively restructure their debts.

Leicester City FC was the last club to get away without the points deduction but they still got a shiny new stadium the same year they went under, kept their best players and paid them Premiership wages (thereby ****ing over other well run Football League clubs) and only paid their "non-football" debtors 5p in the pound.

These debtors included around 120 local businesses, of whom 29 went out of business. We're talking electricians, caterers, printers, cleaners, one-man bands, the corner shop, you name it. Non-playing staff redundancies were brutal, but they still managed to pay Denis Wise £25k a week to get them out of the Championship.

And?

Some facts Rich, as you don't seem to have a clue.

Leicester City FC was the last club to get away without the points deduction

If we'd been deducted 10 points we'd still have finished second and been promoted.

but they still got a shiny new stadium the same year they went under

The stadium loan (£25M+) was taken on by the new owners. There seems to be this myth that we got a free stadium. It's complete bollocks.

, kept their best players and paid them Premiership wages

Actually, the club made every possible effort to get rid of as many players as possible.
Players such as Matt Elliott, Tim Flowers etc were made available on free transfers.
Rowett, Savage, Marshall and Piper were sold. Matt Piper didn't want to leave but was told the club would go bust if he didn't. An offer was accepted for Muzzy Izzet, but he refused to go to Middlesbrough.
The only players to sign were free agents who even played for free (Summerbee and McKinlay).

they still managed to pay Denis Wise £25k a week to get them out of the Championship

He didn't play a single game for us in the Championship. He was sacked before the season started. Many critics of the club at the time said it was only done to get him off the wage bill. Yet you think we were paying him £25k a week after we sacked him.

(thereby ****ing over other well run Football League clubs) and only paid their "non-football" debtors 5p in the pound.

Actually, most of the non football creditors (not debtors, FFS) ended up with nothing. I think the Inland revenue ended up with 10%.

These debtors included around 120 local businesses, of whom 29 went out of business. We're talking electricians, caterers, printers, cleaners, one-man bands, the corner shop, you name it. Non-playing staff redundancies were brutal,

You mean creditors. Again. Those figures look made up, as most of your other 'facts' have been. But if you can cite a reliable source I might believe it.

Some other facts you haven't taken into consideration:

The initial catalyst for Leicester going into administration was the failure of ITV digital. Their collapse earlier in the year meant clubs in the Football League had a much reduced income that season, and most had budgeted for receiving money they wouldn't get. This led to a temporary slump in the transfer market - and a lot of clubs, not just Leicester, ended up going into administration as a result.

The transfer market slump meant Leicester couldn't get rid of as many players as they wanted. Despite this, they came to an arrangement with the main creditors to restructure the debt, and the players agreed to defer part of their wages until the end of the season. But Eric Hall (Wise's agent who was still pissed off about his client being sacked) refused to wait for money he was owed, and went to the court with a winding up order. That effectively forced the club into administration.

Why is it that we're always talked about as the bad guys when it comes to going into administration, yet other clubs that did the same thing (Ipswich, Southampton, Palace, Hull etc...) rarely get a mention?

Why is it that we're always talked about as the bad guys when it comes to going into administration, yet other clubs that did the same thing (Ipswich, Southampton, Palace, Hull etc...) rarely get a mention?

Forest don't care about those other clubs...

Forest don't care about those other clubs...

It's not just Forest fans though.

A few weeks ago I saw a comment on one forum by a fan of a club that had been in administration itself (can't remember the club), saying they didn't want us to win the league because of the way we went into administration and got a free stadium.

There seems to be a myth of what happened that's far from the truth, and gets repeated even by 'proper' newspapers. I saw a report recently (possible in the Grauniad) that said we wiped out £50 million of debt, which is bollocks.

Rich is spouting as much shit off the pitch as his football team produces on it :023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669