chelsea real post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from the game... Here are my thoughts..

1) Foxes fans are the best at times

Except for the wanker in the Burberry cap making unnecessary wanking gestures to Chelsea fans throughout the entire match.

The 'give the job to who ever is in charge because we played well' Mongites.

it will always happen, and they dont think that we lost because of two goals going against us in the last few minutes.

I cannot get my head around people being so upbeat when we lost. They must have all gone there expecting to lose heavily.
And saying chelsea are one of the worlds best teams and so we were bound to lose is crap. Senegal didn't think that when they played France the other year in the World Cup did they.

My journey from Cannon Street to the ground took two and a half hours. It should take less than half an hour.

I didn't get back to Leicester until 2:30. Bastard M1 north down to 1 lane? WTF?!!

Suppose people are upbeat as they actually saw a fighting performance from city for a change...

Doubt it.

don't you believe it Alex, I do not like losing to anyone. I have come out of countless matches we lost and everyone is acting the same as yesterday, but I don't.

The result yesterday puts us out of a cup! Again its 2 goals against us in the last few minutes. It happen far too often

don't you believe it Alex, I do not like losing to anyone. I have come out of countless matches we lost and everyone is acting the same as yesterday, but I don't.

The result yesterday puts us out of a cup! Again its 2 goals against us in the last few minutes. It happen far too often

It doesn't happen often at all. We don't 'often' take the game and score three times at a club like Chelsea. We don't 'often' find the 'never say die resilience' we got so used to under MON. We don't 'often' have absolutely no midfield and not get rolled over by the likes of Lampard and Sidwell.

We often lose. I hate losing, but not when we played with spirit and courage as tonight.

and whats that got to do with it FFS?

I would have the same attitude if I had gone, so explain your comment?

I mean, unlike you I was there and unlike you I choose to look at the positives rather than just the end result.

OK, so we lost away to Chelsea after scoring three goals past them. Reality check time. Chelsea won the Prem two consecutive seasons before last one. They have players who cost more than our ground. Thing is, we showed last night that we are capable of playing at a higher level and if that ain't cause for at least a bit of happiness, well, what is?

Course, if it all goes wrong at Colchester I reserve the right to backtrack totally and side with you afterall :)

Totally agree Alex.
For a few very long minutes I thought we were going to do it, I was devastated when they scored the late goals but I was still very proud of the performance and the fans.

The best bit last night for me was cort heading in the goal

You must have been at a different game to me. Cort scored with his foot. McAuley and Campbell were headers.

Some people just like to moan, if we had of held on to the win they would have moaned that we couldnt perform like it in the league. The best thing to do is just ignore them.

It was a good effort from the team but at the end of the day we just werent good enough. Take a positive from the fact you have pushed one of the best teams in europe all the way and then move on! Colchester next and 3pts are needed.

Being hailed as fighting heroes across all informed media I have seen

Pity some of ours fans can't do the same

and we did not have Weso or Clemence

Carl Cort was outstanding caused all sorts of problems last night just hope he is fit for saturday

I did not go, because I was working, but I saw the ITV highlights. From the images you would have thought it was an even match. If you listened to the 'analysis' afterwards it was quite clear that without amazing defending Chelsea would probably have been winning 5-2 long before the last few minutes!

An amazing Shevchenko goal set them up for a chance, in the same way that Hume's goal against Watford gave us such a huge boost.

Yes they lost, but no they did not throw it away. There was no slack marking, no-one given a free run. Chelsea had to earn those last 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669