chelsea real post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we will see how far up the Championship this result propells us. I will bet its back to "as you were" on Saturday. The league is far more important and I need to know why they cannot play like last night week in week out at our level? The opposition we face is far from star studded.

Agreed on that one ,play like we did last night we could win the leauge no probs

well we will see how far up the Championship this result propells us. I will bet its back to "as you were" on Saturday. The league is far more important and I need to know why they cannot play like last night week in week out at our level? The opposition we face is far from star studded.

While I agree with you, I think that opinion is also not helping matters. We need at least 24 hours to enjoy being proud of our club before we start speculating on how bad Saturday could be...

While I agree with you, I think that opinion is also not helping matters. We need at least 24 hours to enjoy being proud of our club before we start speculating on how bad Saturday could be...

....or how good! BTW, who was that mystery player masqeurading as Carl Cort last night? He was excellent.

You might also be happy that a Leicester team that has languished near the foot of the Championship showed some fight and held out well against one of the top teams in the country

You might be happy by the fact that the group of players performed well as a team, and proved that they can actually be more than 'much of a muchness' - providing a slim flicker of hope for the remainder of the season, rather than be written off as total shite (as the previous manager chose to do)

You might be happy that one or two of the players who have not had a sniff so far (Cort, Campbell, Kenton and Levi) have shown that they might make better options than the other cocksuckers who have been playing all season

You might also be happy that the incumbent manager recognised that the only way to salvage the night was to switch to 4-4-2 and attack the feckers rather than play five at back and wait to get thrashed. Maybe, just maybe, he might have learnt some lessons for future games

You might also be happy that the team get some positive press, and maybe doesn't seem such a feckin' poison chalice to the likes of Paul Jewell and Billy Davies

You can feel pissed off by the result, and losing two goals at the end of the game - but you could also feel very upbeat about a number of things coming out of this game

Babylons post was far better....

Thats not on Alex.... I am proud of my club all the time. That is why I get so upset when we lose, to who ever we lose to.

Thats not on Alex.... I am proud of my club all the time. That is why I get so upset when we lose, to who ever we lose to.

You have mis interpreted what I said there - what I meant was we need 24 hours to enjoy the performance before getting back on the negative bus.

I am proud to be a City fan full time too, goes without saying.

You have mis interpreted what I said there - what I meant was we need 24 hours to enjoy the performance before getting back on the negative bus.

I am proud to be a City fan full time too, goes without saying.

:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Some people just like to moan, if we had of held on to the win they would have moaned that we couldnt perform like it in the league. The best thing to do is just ignore them.

It was a good effort from the team but at the end of the day we just werent good enough. Take a positive from the fact you have pushed one of the best teams in europe all the way and then move on! Colchester next and 3pts are needed.

:038::038:

Agree with this point. However, we are more likely to have gained some confidence and belief from our performance last night, than lost any. The players will be feeling that they are capable of more than has seemed likely so far this season.

For that reason alone, last night was a positive and worthwhile event for us. Instead of thinking that Saturday against Colchester is a tough fixture where a draw would be good result. They may now feel that if we can perform like that against Chelsea, we can go to Colchester and win.

See how there can be a positive in defeat? As I stated earlier in the thread, it will be very interesting to see what effect this has on us on Saturday. I hope that we will be much better for last nights experience.

You might also be happy that a Leicester team that has languished near the foot of the Championship showed some fight and held out well against one of the top teams in the country

You might be happy by the fact that the group of players performed well as a team, and proved that they can actually be more than 'much of a muchness' - providing a slim flicker of hope for the remainder of the season, rather than be written off as total shite (as the previous manager chose to do)

You might be happy that one or two of the players who have not had a sniff so far (Cort, Campbell, Kenton and Levi) have shown that they might make better options than the other cocksuckers who have been playing all season

You might also be happy that the incumbent manager recognised that the only way to salvage the night was to switch to 4-4-2 and attack the feckers rather than play five at back and wait to get thrashed. Maybe, just maybe, he might have learnt some lessons for future games

You might also be happy that the team get some positive press, and maybe doesn't seem such a feckin' poison chalice to the likes of Paul Jewell and Billy Davies

You can feel pissed off by the result, and losing two goals at the end of the game - but you could also feel very upbeat about a number of things coming out of this game

not bad for you homey :038:

Might it not be that last night performance was related to a win bonus? A massive win bonus?

Were you at Wembley when we lost to Swindon in the play-off final?
Yes I was, I had forgotten that, it took me months to forget and now you have brought it all back again you fecker.....:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00