Christmas Pressies for the missus

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......Think I'm going to go with Leroys, seems cheap and cheerful and thoughtful (albeit not my thoughts!)

Cheers guys!

Let us know how it goes on Christmas day, if she likes it or not.

Get loads of small things and put them together in a box for her. Try to have a theme (like say the body, get something for her feet, something for her skin, something for her brain etc), she will love that fact that you have put some thought into it.

Putting thought into presents is for girls, just call Lush and give them your card details and her address.

Problem solved.

Here's another couple of ideas:
1. Vouchers for a pampering place - eg. 'Tranquility' on Queens Rd in clarendon park. It means your partner can choose whatever treatements she likes. The budget you have in mind probably would take care of two visits or even three.
2. A nice watch can be popular with some ladies - might not sound very 'feminine' but actually if you choose well it is rather; this pressie went down very well in my experience one year

ps when they open present and say 'ooh that's nice' don't forget to say 'it should be, do you know how much it cost!?' That always goes down well.

Last edited:
Best idea yet, fact!

It is a good idea.

When we were first married and had bugger all money my husband gave me a box containing about 20 items all of which cost less than about £1 (this was almost 20 years ago!) - my favourite bar of choc, an eye liner, cheap but classy looking necklace, small handcream... He'd wrapped them all individually.

It was probably the best pressie I've ever had.

And for all you saying underwear, please get the right size. Too big and you'll offend, too small and it's a waste of money plus your o/h will feel fat and depressed all day. Plus some of the "sexiest" (male point of view) lingerie is bloody uncomfortable to wear.

Now suggestions for a 40 year old husband would be welcome too.

It is a good idea.

When we were first married and had bugger all money my husband gave me a box containing about 20 items all of which cost less than about £1 (this was almost 20 years ago!) - my favourite bar of choc, an eye liner, cheap but classy looking necklace, small handcream... He'd wrapped them all individually.

It was probably the best pressie I've ever had.

And for all you saying underwear, please get the right size. Too big and you'll offend, too small and it's a waste of money plus your o/h will feel fat and depressed all day. Plus some of the "sexiest" (male point of view) lingerie is bloody uncomfortable to wear.

Now suggestions for a 40 year old husband would be welcome too.

how about a 20 year old.......:icon_bigg

Get loads of small things and put them together in a box for her. Try to have a theme (like say the body, get something for her feet, something for her skin, something for her brain etc), she will love that fact that you have put some thought into it.

Yes, most shops sell bits and bobs quite cleaply so you can get loads of stuff.
Face masks like detox ones and mud packs etc. you can also get ones for the feet and scalp.
You can also get smaller bottles of various body lotions and bath creme etc. Bath pearls and mini bath bombs as well.
You can also get 'essential' but boring stuff to go in as well- like cotton wool pads, nail varnish remover, emery boards etc, sponges(for applying foundation etc) like i said, boring stuff but all needed!
And if it's mixed in with lots of little pampering treats then your missus will love it.

Boots do quite a few things of this sort of stuff. So do Superdrug, Bodycare and at this time of year, Woolies and Wilko's as well. (Actually Wilko's would probably be your best bet for the 'essential but boring' stuff cost wise!)

Don't get a box til you finished buying all the stuff though, else you might find it not big enough! I did this for my friend's kids and in the end I just got a cardboard box from work, layered plain tissue paper inside it and filled it with the shredded tissue paper, put the stuff in, then wrapped the box up!

Last edited:
Yes, most shops sell bits and bobs quite cleaply so you can get loads of stuff.
Face masks like detox ones and mud packs etc. you can also get ones for the feet and scalp.
You can also get smaller bottles of various body lotions and bath creme etc. Bath pearls and mini bath bombs as well.
You can also get 'essential' but boring stuff to go in as well- like cotton wool pads, nail varnish remover, emery boards etc, sponges(for applying foundation etc) like i said, boring stuff but all needed!
And if it's mixed in with lots of little pampering treats then your missus will love it.

Boots do quite a few things of this sort of stuff. So do Superdrug, Bodycare and at this time of year, Woolies and Wilko's as well. (Actually Wilko's would probably be your best bet for the 'essential but boring' stuff cost wise!)

Don't get a box til you finished buying all the stuff though, else you might find it not big enough! I did this for my friend's kids and in the end I just got a cardboard box from work, layered plain tissue paper inside it and filled it with the shredded tissue paper, put the stuff in, then wrapped the box up!
Don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but personally I wouldn't like to receive a gift like this.

I'm sure you know your Fiancee well enough by now to know how she'd react though Mr B :icon_wink

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade here, but personally I wouldn't like to receive a gift like this.

I'm sure you know your Fiancee well enough by now to know how she'd react though Mr B :icon_wink

:icon_excl High maintanence alert :icon_excl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48