Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEICESTER CITY CONNECTIONS
Robert Huth:
The Leicester City defender was signed by Ranieri for Chelsea in 2001 and given his first team debut shortly afterwards at the age of just 17.

Steve Walsh: Before his current role as Leicester City’s Assistant Manager and Head of Recruitment, Walsh spent 16 years working for Chelsea as a scout, with four of those during Ranieri’s time at the helm.

Esteban Cambiasso: The Argentine midfielder played for Ranieri in the Internazionale midfield during the Italian’s spell in charge from 2011-2012.

I'm feeling better already.
:)
Great insight. I imagine Esteban will have been consulted?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Holy ****, I mean imagine 5 years ago us talking about a continental tactician with such a history becoming our manager, It's a huge change but it is exciting.

I look forward to seeing how we approach things, I imagine he's going to need to bring a few midfielders in to backup Esteban ;)

A bit Meh really. A decent managerial history, win percentage is around the 45% mark. HoweverMay attract decent names. However the stats from his last job worry me...

Greece - PLD 4, W0, D1, L3 one of them being against the Faroe Islands.

Not sure what to make of it. We will see i suppose.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I'm not mad crazy excited but I'm not disappointed. He has solid experience at a high level. And he's not Lennon or Cotterill FFS!

Quite happy with this. Now move on to sign Cambiasso

When you read through his history and see that he has improved every club he has ever managed surely this must be seen as a great appointment.

I know his time with Greece has been disappointing, but at clubs his record is fantastic.

I mentioned it before when we were speculating but I really feel he will raise the profile of the club, and when he leaves some of the 'dream' managers (e.g. Klopp) will be more realistic.

Always managed teams at a higher standard than what we have been.

I'm not pitching a tent with excitement but we could have done a lot lot worse and just hope he doesn't want a complete overhaul and tries to pick up where we finished last season.

Bit gutted to have lost out on my Lennon and Preki bets though as I thought they were dead certs! :(

All this fuzz. I'd better sit down a bit;

image.jpg

Were the pictures taken in the garden section of Knighton Park??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566