Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's basically done well but not well enough to keep progressing. I suppose ultimately my main aim is to see us established in the Premier League by beating relegation. He's probably good enough to do that, but can he lift us to the dizzy heights the owners are dreaming of? I don't think so..

I wouldn't necessarily expect people to be doing cart wheels but ffs surely this is s positive step forwards?

Cambiasso's decision will now been seen as his view on the quality of Claudio. If he goes, rightly or wrongly, fans will consider him to have decided Ranieri isn't up to it. A strange situation for a new manager to find himself in where he could be instantly undermined by a player that isn't even contracted to the club.

I wouldn't necessarily expect people to be doing cart wheels but ffs surely this is s positive step forwards?

Nah. We should be aiming for much better, given our decades of success and no shit whatsoever we certainly should be capable of attracting the best there is.

Step forward from where ?

From Cotterill, Preki or Paul Ince maybe

From anywhere else it's an absolute farce

Step forward from where ?

From Cotterill, Preki or Paul Ince maybe

From anywhere else it's an absolute farce

Consistently doom mongering

Wow! A manager who has been able to ply his trade around the best of Europe. He even is so highly respected that he's even been chosen to manage a national team. He's well known and a few years ago we could never expect such a big name Leicester City. Welcome the one-and-only Mr. Sven-Goran Erikson!!

I can't wait for the season to start (true).

Sven springs to mind but apart from the England job he had not managed at club level.

I'm happier to have him than some of the names moving around in the betting.

I'll judge him by what he does if he tries to dismantle all that is currently great at the club then I'll think he's a twat

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sven springs to mind but apart from the England job he had not managed at club level.

I'll judge him by what he does if he tries to dismantle all that is currently great at the club then I'll think he's a twat

Didn't Sven manage Man City?

Ranieri is someone that has usually improved the standing of the teams he's coached. His record with Chelsea was very good; before and after the Abramovich millions poured in. I believe he's got the sixth best win percentage of any Premier League manager with more than a 100 matches (behind Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez and Mancini).

It's a gamble though. He's been out of England for a long time so who knows how he'll get on with the challenge of the upcoming season. I hope that both Steve Walsh and Esteban Cambiasso stick around for continuity purposes and to help him to adjust. Apparently, he visits England with his wife regularly and travels the country looking for antiques. He's a big fan of Lincolnshire sausages and the market in Newark.

Ultimately, if he fails it will be pretty obvious quite soon so we could see Allardyce in on a rescue mission before December. If it works out, he could well deliver exactly what the owners want. To spend the next couple of years overseeing us grow as a club into one that is solid and stable in the Premier League and aspiring to get better players and achieve more. He could leave us one day bigger, stronger and as a mini-legend.

I'd say it's 50/50 which way it will go. But that's exactly what this decision is; a gamble. For some reason, I've always inter-changed Ranieri and Benitez as managers. I think they've got four or five clubs in common and I've often thought of them as very similar in terms of ability and credibility. Funny that this summer one is appointed at Real Madrid whilst the other is appointed at Leicester.

That alone tells me that times are changing for us. Good luck CR, welcome aboard.

Ranieri is someone that has usually improved the standing of the teams he's coached. His record with Chelsea was very good; before and after the Abramovich millions poured in. I believe he's got the sixth best win percentage of any Premier League manager with more than a 100 matches (behind Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez and Mancini).

It's a gamble though. He's been out of England for a long time so who knows how he'll get on with the challenge of the upcoming season. I hope that both Steve Walsh and Esteban Cambiasso stick around for continuity purposes and to help him to adjust. Apparently, he visits England with his wife regularly and travels the country looking for antiques. He's a big fan of Lincolnshire sausages and the market in Newark.

Ultimately, if he fails it will be pretty obvious quite soon so we could see Allardyce in on a rescue mission before December. If it works out, he could well deliver exactly what the owners want. To spend the next couple of years overseeing us grow as a club into one that is solid and stable in the Premier League and aspiring to get better players and achieve more. He could leave us one day bigger, stronger and as a mini-legend.

I'd say it's 50/50 which way it will go. But that's exactly what this decision is; a gamble. For some reason, I've always inter-changed Ranieri and Benitez as managers. I think they've got four or five clubs in common and I've often thought of them as very similar in terms of ability and credibility. Funny that this summer one is appointed at Real Madrid whilst the other is appointed at Leicester.

That alone tells me that times are changing for us. Good luck CR, welcome aboard.

Sorry BN. Whilst I could take the rest of your post, Benitez is a far better manager than Ranieri. To "inter-change" the two is not fair to Benitez's achievements.

Welcome madforit.

It's odd, I don't know if it will work or fail in a big way. I think more likely the former. I do like all the positive stuff I'm hearing and really really want, in three years from now, that he's still either signing a new contract or involved with choosing his younger replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566