Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive gamble! I hope he continues where NP left off, as long as we play with attacking intent, and gets a settled team early we should be okay. I was really positive for this season before NP's sacking. I still would have preferred O'neill at least he understood the ethos of the club. I think we need to keep the backroom staff, I hope he doesn't try to re-invent the wheel, we have a good nucleus of a team, it just needs some quality adding in a few areas, lets just hope we hit the ground running and we don't do three managers in a season !!!

Of all the strongly linked managetrs, two managers I really didn't want, one was Preki... the other was fecking Ranieri. Think we've been swayed by the amount of big jobs he's had? He's been sacked from the lot of them. Has been shit ever since he left Chelsea...

I think it's a comedy appointment. A complete joke

Absolute shit

Just out of interest, who would you both have rather have had?...

Massive gamble! I hope he continues where NP left off, as long as we play with attacking intent, and gets a settled team early we should be okay. I was really positive for this season before NP's sacking. I still would have preferred O'neill at least he understood the ethos of the club. I think we need to keep the backroom staff, I hope he doesn't try to re-invent the wheel, we have a good nucleus of a team, it just needs some quality adding in a few areas, lets just hope we hit the ground running and we don't do three managers in a season !!!

Enough has happened since O'Neill left that it's a very different club IMO.

I bet hes got lots of contacts in the game that will help to bring in a midfieder of slightly higher quality than Hammond and Drinkwater, or let's hope so.

Should have broken the bank for Dyche.I like Claudio but he was good a long time ago

Dyche didn't want it, the owners would let him spend a few bob and he couldn't twist his fat gravelly voiced face about being potless.

Well from a Greek perspective I can tell you that if there was a popularity contest between Wolfgang Schauble and Ranieri it would be Claudio hanging by his toenails from the harbour wall with his ears below the waterline.

Well from a Greek perspective I can tell you that if there was a popularity contest between Wolfgang Schauble and Ranieri it would be Claudio hanging by his toenails from the harbour wall with his ears below the waterline.

Aye, but given that Samaras has been in the Greece side for 80+ games and they've done well then I'd prefer to think that Greece have been very lucky with having world class managers.

Plus...I'd not be surprised if Merkel had been picking the side and tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566