Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
At club level Ranieri consistently out performs his predecessor, and usually his successor as well. A quality appointment that deserves our respect and support.

I would like to extend my thanks to the Trust for keeping on top of this situation and helping to bring it to a successful conclusion. Well done to both of you.

It was to be expected that any new manager would get a mixed reception from fans given the circumstanced of NP's success and then sacking - but Ranieri's appointment appears to be a decent outcome and he should get our support.

I think that you need to be pretty deluded to think that it's an easy job for anyone. Such are the massive amounts of money floating round the PL clubs that you need to make sure you are stronger season on season.

Thank God -and the Thais- that we are part of this and not still getting our kicks from playing big when invading Yeovil and the like.

I'm pretty shocked at the media reaction. It borders on disrespectful.

Especially disappointed with ex-players sharpening their knives. This should be a time of solidarity and instead they are piling on. Wankers.

Especially disappointed with ex-players sharpening their knives. This should be a time of solidarity and instead they are piling on. Wankers.

Indeed, it seems they are looking out for friends and are quite quick to slag the club off.

I hope our new man can use this as ammunition to fire the players and himself into action.

I love it when the media goes against the club and the sheep follow, **** them all, **** them to hell, hopefully they keep gifting us this extra motivation by the bucket load.

Stowell is a charlatan and should have been ousted years ago. None of the keepers get anything from him and his contribution as lead coach of set pieces at the club makes him patently inept.

We must keep Scowly Stowelly When Wasilewski is on the pitch Mike Stowell becomes the best member of the bench.

When things are going well Mike Stowell merely fumes. When things are going badly he leaps in frustration. Every throw in for the other side is a scandal every linesman comes from Kent and every referee has arrived on the other teams coach.

There are people who do not suffer fools gladly; Mike Stowell does not suffer anyone gladly. For Mike suffering is an equal opportunity activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. We need someone on the touchline screaming and kicking water bottles around, even if it is just to remind the 4th official to keep an eye on what is going on.

Ranieri looks more in the Wenger mould than the Allardyce/Warnock mould.

You may well be proved right, but I just can't see a better option, and neither can you by the looks of it.

You didn't want Hiddink or Lennon, and the only name I have seen you offer is Dyche? Really?! You think that he would be much less of a gamble?

I'm not having a go, I am just yet to see any alternatives where I've thought "I agree that he would be excellent for the club, and not a gamble at all". We're in the position where we either gamble on someone who's done well at lower levels but has little/no success at the top level, or someone's who's previously been successful but may be in the latter years of their career.

Probably best to get your facts right before posting. My ONLY suggestion of who I would like to see come in was Howe.

indeed.

suggests either lennon or MON were interested, but linekar, cottee and co are doing only harm with their comments.

Linekar could do with having a go at keeping it shut for a while.

I was/am a fan of Nigel Pearson, and would have been happy for him to start the season as manager. But in the back of my mind I've had this feeling he has taken us as far as he can.

The fact some people, and It's their right I guess, have come out and rejected our boards decision to appoint CR before the team has even kicked a ball in anger under him is a shame.

I for one will be backing the board (I think we forget how lucky we are to have these guys) in their brave decision to give Claudio a chance at taking us to the next level. There will be plenty of time for Neil Lennon and others to have a crack at running our club, but not just now.

To finish, I think Pearson will be back in work soon, but I doubt it will be in the Premiership. Quite telling if that's the case.

Or maybe the better option might have been for Pearson to keep his mouth shut and not force the owners to have to make a decision!!!

At last, thank ****!!! Somebody in the know that can tell us all exactly what happened!
So what was it then? What was it that Pearson said to them that forced them to act as they did?
I've been dying to find out

At last, thank ****!!! Somebody in the know that can tell us all exactly what happened!
So what was it then? What was it that Pearson said to them that forced them to act as they did?
I've been dying to find out

It probably had just as much to do with what he didn't say. Who knows? We can only surmise. You look at all the evidence and draw your own conclusions.

Am I the only one who believes that signing Cambiasso again would be a bigger, more important, signing than our new manager?
I'm with you on this. I also read on this forum that CR fell out with Cambiasso at Inter and the fans still blame CR for his exit.

I can something similar happening. If Cambiasso doesn't re-sign then many fans rightly or wrongly will blame CR and will be on his back before he starts.

For all his faults in front of the camera and his difficulty playing a political game when he needed, yit seems we can't doubt Pearson's man management skills. The players seemed to like him Inc Cambiasso and he got the best out of them in the PL in the end.

It's going to be a media and opinion roller coaster with CR. Fasten your seat belts

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I also read on this forum that CR fell out with Cambiasso at Inter and the fans still blame CR for his exit.
So he waited three years after CR left, thinking about leaving because of a rift with CR? He likes to think about things for a while, that Esteban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566