Colchester United - Championship - Saturday 13th January 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Bocadillo's 1st post:

We have been allocated 875 Terrace tickets priced at £19.00 Adults,£12 Under 16's, Seniors aged 60+ and Students in Further or Higher Education.

We have also been allocated 135 tickets in Block 1A which are seating. These are priced at £23 Adults, £15 Under 16's and Seniors aged 60+.

Tickets for this match will go on sale as follows; ALL TICKETS NOW SOLD - but see post 63 in this thread

Monday 1st January 2007 - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 2nd January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 3rd January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 4th January - Members

Friday 5th January - General Sale.

Coaches
The Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 9.00am and is priced at £15.50 Adult STH, £13.50 Concession STH and £16.50 Adults and £14.50 Concessions

Directions
A6, A14, M11 (To Junction 8), A120 into Colchester

The A120 joins the A12 and you then come off at the next junction (26), and take the A1124 towards Colchester West/Halstead. At top of the slip road turn left at the roundabout towards Colchester/Mersea and continue along Essex Yeomanry Way and then onto the London Road towards the town centre. Proceed for just over 3/4 mile to traffic lights (MFI store on your right). Turn right at lights and follow this road until you reach it's end where a pub (Leather Bottle) is on left. Turn left and follow until traffic lights at Boadecia Way, 3/4 mile, where you turn right. Go to its end and then turn left; this is Layer Rd and the ground is about 1/4 mile further down on left.

Approx 127 Miles - 2 ½ hours

Trains
Dont bother .. only joking.

The nearest station to the ground is Colchester Town which is around a ten minute walk away and is a seven minute journey time away from Colchester mainline station where most fans are likely to end up at. The main Colchester station is really too far from the ground to walk, so either get another train to Colchester Town station or jump in a taxi, which should cost about £5. If you arrive early at Colchester mainline station and decide to walk to the ground (crossing through the town centre) then it should take about 40 minutes.

Change at London St Pancras, head to London Liverpool Street and services to Colchester are approx every 20 mins. Remember you will need then to get train to Colchester Town unless you like walking.

Pubs

The nearest pub to Layer Road is the the Drury pub at the top of Layer Road, which is generally okay for away fans, unless it is a high profile match, such as a local derby, or where there has been a bit of 'history' between the two clubs. For a drink near the ground try the Dragoon in Butt Road which is on the way to the ground, almost opposite the police station. It is in the Campaign For Real Ale guide, serves good ales and does a mean chilli on match days.

MHS Yes Priority 3 = Wednesday

Last edited by a moderator:
cant believe im still thinking of going to this, i just want to go to one of the few remaining old school grounds before its demolished. this will be a certain defeat unless they lose at home before this fixture

i'm off to this one, shock shock shock. my tickets arrived today, so far unable to get anyone to go to the game with me....can't understand why! southampton was bad, then after two days of work this week i am feckin sick of mackems bragging. has anyone been to this rumoured to be lovely ground before?

Me and MHS got tickets today. :icon_eek:

has anyone been to this rumoured to be lovely ground before?

I have. If the away end is the same as it was a few years ago it's a very small covered terrace, so even if you stand at the back you're not much higher than pitch level, so it's good if you want to be close to the action but not if you want a decent view of what's happening.

has anyone been to this rumoured to be lovely ground before?

I have. Saw a game there in 1989/90 - the season they got relegated from the old 4th division to the Conference. I stood on the end terrace with the away fans - can't rememeber the opponents - might have been Chesterfield. I do know it was a night match (possibly a Friday night) and it was bloody windy.

Will not be at this one due to work night out plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566